Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Calm down lads it’s only the league cup, who wants to brag that’s the last cup they won for fucks sake?🙄 This project will take time, we are only 6 years into it and the players need time to bed in, but at least they are buying into the philosophy and that’s more than can be said for Gerry Francis teams, they bought into fuck all....at least we are tearing it up in the league, and that’s the main thing here, once Pochettino gets that league winning mentality imbedded into the players then the FA cups and League cups will come as a given through habit of winning.......

Can,t believe how negative everyone is. Lots of teams in the top 4 have been knocked out over the years at venues like these. Bumpy pitches with drizzly , damp weather, up against a team who get everyone behind the ball who fight for everything..
Bad performance tonight and yes our overall form is in a slump but would you rather be a Man U fan right now, and look at their history?
2 back to back wins in Premier league and our form will change.

Awful from the first minute.

Wanyama should never pull on a Spurs shirt again. He isn’t good enough for our reserves.

Why play 3 defensive mids with no creativity for the attacker ahead?! KWP and Davies were scared to put a ball in the box. Alli was dreadful.

I’m not Poch out, but he’s beginning to look like a beaten man. He doesn’t help himself by saying stupid things in the media, and holding grudges with players.

We’ve stood still for too long and are now paying the consequences.

Lose Saturday and it could be trouble for him.

We just lost to the lowest ranked club in the competition. Have not won away in 8 months and taken less than 20 points since Christmas, and people are still defending this coaching team - I honestly wish I could be that optimistic as to think they deserve their jobs still.

Lol

Legitimately relegation form since FEBRUARY. It's OCTOBER next week.

CL final that we lost without any fight or effort along with poor tactics and selection by the way.

I'm still sickened by that fact. Not that we lost, because Liverpool was always the better team but the whole manner how we lost. No fight, no passion nothing. Literally gave the win to Liverpool.

And hey that's another something typically Poch. Unable to fire up the players. Doubt a manager like Antonio Conte would've accepted this from his players.

Perfectly enough the stream cut out right before they took the final penalty and then the site died too. I think it's time to finally pull the plug on this current era too, it's been on life support for long enough. Most people will want to go the easy way and change manager but I don't think that will change much, not long term anyway. The whole squad needs to be revived from the ground up, that's the real task, it always has been.
What about Levy and that crowd he works for. Too busy pocketing his bonuses, so sell the club to someone who wants to make us the best!

Can,t believe how negative everyone is. Lots of teams in the top 4 have been knocked out over the years at venues like these. Bumpy pitches with drizzly , damp weather, up against a team who get everyone behind the ball who fight for everything..
Bad performance tonight and yes our overall form is in a slump but would you rather be a Man U fan right now, and look at their history?
2 back to back wins in Premier league and our form will change.
Nice try....I rarely press the disagree button on a post but had to with this one.

What other club would demand the manager be sacked , less than 10 games after a champions league final. No wonder we are a laughing stock to many clubs.so Spursy

A club that recognises that it's in a fucking spiralling free fall that's going to end in disaster.

I love Poch but come on man, it's over, tonight was the proverbial nail in the coffin and I have never seen a manager recover from this sort of dip in form, would take a miracle and Poch doesn't even look interested in going through all the bullshit it would take to fix it, he looks defeated.

Genuinely haven't felt this low in a long long time regarding Spurs. I always 100% believed that there was no way Pochettino's era would finish without some silverware, that he would leave on his terms with us in a very strong position.

If it ends in this kind of way though... I honestly think I'll stop watching football for a while.
In football you have to seize the moment. Too many thought you can just gradually build with small steps. But things change quickly. We missed the boat when we had a really good team & decided not to go for it. Past our peak now. Then you have the painful rebuild.

Last edited:
Leicester fired their manager in less than a season after they won the PL.
Poch could get fired but not over this, even accounting for the form going back to March, he’s built up quite a lot of goodwill. But he’s probably the closest to being on the hot seat since he came on. I don’t think Levy will let this carry on much past the November break. He’s probably got 6–12 weeks of leash.

If he turns it around in the League and gets past the CL group stage, no one will give a shit about the league cup. That if seems to be getting bigger by the day though.

Back
Top Bottom