For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

and some people cannot see that throwing the baby out with the bathwater isn't the right approach

So what you are saying is that ... if we played well under him, he can have unlimited amount of failures, and it is still okay, because "next manager might be worse"?

I mean you are giving nothing substantial except for empty words and slogans. I have pointed out the long-lasting decline in our results that was amplified within the last season without any change in personell (no one left etc).

Why do keep saying Howe as if he’s the only manager?
Because you suggested him, if you want to suggest other candidates be my guest.
Why are you trying to create a false campaign where I have claimed that I want Howe just because I said he’s achieved something real in the game that Poch couldn’t?
Saying you would like Simeone doesn’t mean you think it will be him.

If Poch goes it will either be Eddie Howe or the Wolves dude in my opinion
Eddie Howe could win a trophy and finish top 4 maybe

False campaign indeed.
Is this how the internet works these days?

And actually I’d trust Howe to get us back more than I would Poch seeing as he’s actually won the Champo and has three promotions behind him....sooooo......

To take your shit argument to its logical point t of view, should we follow Poch if he takes us into League One the next season then?

This is Tottenham fucking Hotspur my friend, not Southampton, not Espanyol, not anyone.
If we’re anywhere near the Champo, any manager needs to be chopped, whether it’s Howe, Simeone, SAF or Mauricio motherfucking Pochettino.

Try and remember that, and get your priorities straight. I support this club.
If the manager becomes detrimental to its success, he can do one. End of.
Spurs were relegated in Burkinshaw's first year in charge but bounced straight back for promotion the following year.

That's a matter for you and other individuals to decide but I would stick with him. Like I said we aren't going near the championship, so it's a moot point.

Because you suggested him, if you want to suggest other candidates be my guest.

False campaign indeed.

Spurs were relegated in Burkinshaw's first year in charge but bounced straight back for promotion the following year.

That's a matter for you and other individuals to decide but I would stick with him. Like I said we aren't going near the championship, so it's a moot point.

I’ve said one thousand times that there are hundreds of teams littered across Europe that would wipe the floor with us regularly if we played week in week out in their leagues.

I’m not talking about raising your game for CL glory nights, I’m talking about the team that’s been dropping or scraping points in the PL against shit for nearly a year now.

Just because I can’t name those managers, it doesn’t mean they don’t exist. I watched some random French game in the week, can’t remember who, let alone their managers. Both would have battered us. That’s how it is.....you are so obsessed with this pathetic notion that if I can’t name someone and prove he’s better, then he can’t be better.

I set the challenge to MDG and he ran, so I’ll ask you. Name all the managers that would not improve us, and prove it.
Not so easy is it? Does that mean they are ALL BETTER than Poch then?

Now show me the posts where I have campaigned for Howe to take over the job?
Fucking liar.

And I don’t give two fucks what happened in 1977 ffs.....people don’t want to bring up Redknapp and you want to talk about fucking Burkinshaw going down after taking over a team in January.

Even Bill Nic had his day.

And then just for the football gods to prove a point.

Man city 8. Watford 0

Some easy games!
Man City have a different mentality than us tho. They go in to kill off any team they face where as we seem content to pass the ball sideways.

City make their matches easy because they literally steamroll their opponents into submission.

We have that ability as well but there has been far too many matches this past 18 months where we seem to not be willing to do the job and then get surprised when our "lesser" opponent snags one on us.

Like Jol and Redknapp did.

Or when Pochettino smashed it at Espanyol and Southampton?
This is all so fucking depressing. Love Poch, love the squad most of all love the club. Seriously its not that bad guys. Poch will fix things. We'll finish top four again, good run in CL/ Europa, maybe even a domestic cup if we're lucky. Please stop all this fucking doom and gloom. Its tedious, monotonous and most of all melancholic........now cheer the fuck up and COYS

I’ve said one thousand times that there are hundreds of teams littered across Europe that would wipe the floor with us regularly if we played week in week out in their leagues.

I’m not talking about raising your game for CL glory nights, I’m talking about the team that’s been dropping or scraping points in the PL against shit for nearly a year now.

Just because I can’t name those managers, it doesn’t mean they don’t exist. I watched some random French game in the week, can’t remember who, let alone their managers. Both would have battered us. That’s how it is.....you are so obsessed with this pathetic notion that if I can’t name someone and prove he’s better, then he can’t be better.

I set the challenge to MDG and he ran, so I’ll ask you. Name all the managers that would not improve us, and prove it.
Not so easy is it? Does that mean they are ALL BETTER than Poch then?

Now show me the posts where I have campaigned for Howe to take over the job?
Fucking liar.

And I don’t give two fucks what happened in 1977 ffs.....people don’t want to bring up Redknapp and you want to talk about fucking Burkinshaw going down after taking over a team in January.

Even Bill Nic had his day.
The team who dropped and scrapped points and still finished 4th

Flying spaghetti monster where are you?

Do these managers have to be realistic choices?

I just showed you two posts where you big up Howe. You reckon he can succeed where Poch as failed

It don't matter, you said If we’re anywhere near the Champo, any manager needs to be chopped, whether it’s Howe, Simeone, SAF or Mauricio motherfucking Pochettino.

So i'm showing you, that you would have sacked the 2nd most successful manager in our history.

I just showed you two posts where you big up Howe. You reckon he can succeed where Poch as failed

It don't matter, you said If we’re anywhere near the Champo, any manager needs to be chopped, whether it’s Howe, Simeone, SAF or Mauricio motherfucking Pochettino.

So i'm showing you, that you would have sacked the 2nd most successful manager in our history.
2nd most successful are you out your nut? He has won fuck all. To claim he is our 2nd most successful manager when he has won nothing is an insult to our football club

This is all so fucking depressing. Love Poch, love the squad most of all love the club. Seriously its not that bad guys. Poch will fix things. We'll finish top four again, good run in CL/ Europa, maybe even a domestic cup if we're lucky. Please stop all this fucking doom and gloom. Its tedious, monotonous and most of all melancholic........now cheer the fuck up and COYS
Nice try cheerleader but let's see how we go the next few matches before we start waving flags again 😎

No I wouldnt have sacked Burkinshaw as he took over halfway through a season from an already shit team.

He didnt have a host of world class players who were finishing second, and after six years became poor and then relegated the team. So if Poch goes down, it has fuck all similiarities to Burkinshaw.

No I wouldnt have sacked Burkinshaw as he took over halfway through a season from an already shit team.

He didnt have a host of world class players who were finishing second, and after six years became poor and then relegated the team. So if Poch goes down, it has fuck all similiarities to Burkinshaw.
We won't go down anyway.

Name every single manager out there and prove they would not be a step up, or that means that they are a step up.

Its exactly the same logic applied to "name someone better or they dont exist"
You haven't answered my question. Do they have to be realistic choices?

We won't go down anyway.

Not the point though is it....Incidently I dont care if we finish outside the top 4 IF we are paying well, and showing a direct improvement, cohesion, an upward learning curve, commitment and the full integration of the squad. If there is hope for next year, it will be tolerable.

Id rather that than scrape 4th playing like this

Back
Top Bottom