For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not the point though is it....Incidently I dont care if we finish outside the top IF we are paying well, and showing a direct improvement, cohesion, an upward learning curve, commitment and the full integration of the squad. If there is hope for next year, it will be tolerable.

Id rather that than scrape 4th playing like this
There we differ I'd rather scrape 4th. what would you rather scrape a trophy playing badly or lose in a final playing exciting football?

There we differ I'd rather scrape 4th. what would you rather scrape a trophy playing badly or lose in a final playing exciting football?

Ive told you cup runs are cup runs....they dont reflect the nature of a club unless you win them on a regular basis like we did for 100 years before we "joined the elite".

Id rather play well....Id take a cup playing poor though because its a cup. Playing shit football and getting 4th is not a trophy...youd do well to remember that

Ive told you cup runs are cup runs....they dont reflect the nature of a club unless you win them on a regular basis like we did for 100 years before we "joined the elite".

Id rather play well....Id take a cup playing poor though because its a cup. Paying shit football and getting 4th is not a trophy...youd do well to remember that
I do remember that but it's an entry into a competition where we have the possibility to win the most important trophy in club football and you don't want that?

But he hasn't smashed it anywhere to date if he is the top manager we believe he is then he will fix the problems surely.
he has managed espanyol and s'oton before us - hardly 3 clubs with bountiful financial resources,
we are the richest club and he has got us to the highest level of performance I have witnessed in all the time I have been supporting the club.

Nice try cheerleader but let's see how we go the next few matches before we start waving flags again 😎
Why you so mean pappy?? Seriously though don't you find the whole thing slightly depressing? We're not fighting relagation ffs...you know what and I know this is gonna upset a lot of people so I apologise in advance but I'm gonna leave you all to your bitching, sniping and general fucking moaning, I'll be back when the mood is more positive but for now there's enough doom and gloom out there without all this BS. You just wait till someone has a pop at my 'little Danny' ( no not a euphemism, dirtyboys) and I'll be straight back to fuck someone's shit up.

2nd most successful are you out your nut? He has won fuck all. To claim he is our 2nd most successful manager when he has won nothing is an insult to our football club
percentage of games won against losses would make him more successful
arguably it would need to be a metric used to judge managers after a reasonable number of games, or you could get a caretaker manager with two games and 2 wins being the best statistically.
you are just looking at cups won, I would imagine.

But yet you're ok winning a cup playing shit football.

Ive already answered that, you dont listen:

Id rather play well....Id take a cup playing poor though because its a cup. Playing shit football and getting 4th is not a trophy...youd do well to remember that

But yet you're ok winning a cup playing shit football.
seriously fella, you need to stop

he's dragging you down to his level - and the guy has more experience at rolling people in the gutter than any other poster

just walk away and get yourself a coffee and something good to eat.

seriously fella, you need to stop

he's dragging you down to his level - and the guy has more experience at rolling people in the gutter than any other poster

just walk away and get yourself a coffee and something good to eat.
It's a good natured discussion so far even though we have very different views.

Why you so mean pappy?? Seriously though don't you find the whole thing slightly depressing? We're not fighting relagation ffs...you know what and I know this is gonna upset a lot of people so I apologise in advance but I'm gonna leave you all to your bitching, sniping and general fucking moaning, I'll be back when the mood is more positive but for now there's enough doom and gloom out there without all this BS. You just wait till someone has a pop at my 'little Danny' ( no not a euphemism, dirtyboys) and I'll be straight back to fuck someone's shit up.

I think one of the secrets of being successful and maintaining momentum is to recognise when possible storm clouds are gathering and prepare for dealing with the rain. I appreciate the current situation is not dire by any standards but recent (and end of last season) results would suggest all is not well in the Spurs camp.

Team morale and general attitude are the responsibility of the manager and they would seem to be the major underlying factors in our undisputable slump. Poch needs to reawaken the hunger and drive required to play the style of football he demands from his players. As Ossie Wembley said earlier, the current squad is good enough to compete provided they are all playing to their full potential.

Perhaps things have gone stale now and Poch is so predictable with his team talks and man management techniques that his views no longer inspire or enthuse. If that is the case then he can no longer continue and he will be the first to recognise that fact. He deserves time after all that he has achieved but it must be enough to give him a fair crack at turning things around but not too much so that the slide becomes irreversible.

I have stated before that I believe where we stand in the league after the Liverpool game will be a true indicator of how the season will pan out under his leadership. If we do not have 16pts and an acceptable result after the game at Anfield then yes, if I was Levy I'd be starting to make some contingency phone calls. :thumbup:

Last edited:
If we win three domestic trophies playing shit football will that reflect the nature of the club?

Not if we are playing well for the majority of the 38 PL games, but what it will do is make us a succesful football team that wins stuff. It will be three more major honours.

Winning a cup final playing poorly will still be a euphoric event at the final whistle, and will be full of nerves and pain and finally joy.

Scraping 4th playing poorly gives fuck all except a tedious 9 months and no reward. Winning the FA Cup takes what, five game? I can handle playing poorly for that if the reward is silverware.

You dont need to drag answers every second....if you prefer the top 4 cup and shit football, thats youre perogative

Back
Top Bottom