For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

seriously fella, you need to stop

he's dragging you down to his level - and the guy has more experience at rolling people in the gutter than any other poster

just walk away and get yourself a coffee and something good to eat.

Oh look the good poster has turned up to stop the discussion that was about football and start slagging people off. How embarrassing that MVP just put you in your place....

:dierno:

Not if we are playing well for the majority of the 38 PL games, but what it will do is make us a succesful football team that wins stuff. It will be three more major honours.

Winning a cup final playing poorly will still be a euphoric event at the final whistle, and will be full of nerves and pain and finally joy.

Scraping 4thplaying poorly gives fuck all except a tedious 9 months and no reward. Winning the FA Cup takes what, five game? I can handle playing poorly for that if the reward is silverware.

You dont need to drag answers every second....if you prefer the top 4 cup and shit football, thats youre perogative
Reward is a chance to get top players to join and entry into the biggest cup competition in club football, where there might be a further reward.

he has managed espanyol and s'oton before us - hardly 3 clubs with bountiful financial resources,
we are the richest club and he has got us to the highest level of performance I have witnessed in all the time I have been supporting the club.
But you stated he would smash it at another club but what are you basing it on seeing as to date he has won fuck all, if you was quoting pep or mourinho I would agree but poch is a trophy virgin.

Been top 4 for 5 years.....still signing Sessengons and Clarkes....and they cant even play for us
I think Sess is a good signing, cheap young and bags of potential, Sess has just recovered from injury. Clarke I think was a Levy signing bought for profit to be made later on.

I think Sess is a good signing, cheap young and bags of potential, Sess has just recovered from injury. Clarke I think was a Levy signing bought for profit to be made later on.
Every signing levy makes is made with sell on in mind that is the enic mantra silverware is a secondary thought an if it happens then great.

percentage of games won against losses would make him more successful
arguably it would need to be a metric used to judge managers after a reasonable number of games, or you could get a caretaker manager with two games and 2 wins being the best statistically.
you are just looking at cups won, I would imagine.
I am looking at cups won and he is incapable of winning one because he isn't good enough

Sammy spurs your talking about sess and clarke what happen to locelso and ndoembele those are first teamers our did you expect us to sign 4 players with transfer fees the size of ndoembele are you not forgetting our wage structure its half of what mancity players get.

Bar guardiola and sir Alex which top managers didn’t get the boot after bad results in clubs where they were some of the best managers ever there?
Klopp left Dortmund after a disastrous season. He won them two leagues against a super Bayern and took them to the CL final operating in a very small budget.
Mourinho won three titles with Chelsea and got the boot TWICE.
Wenger Woolwich best coach ever who won them a shit load of things playing beautiful football and delivered top 4 for them 20 something years was shamefully treated by their fan base
Ancelotti from Chelsea and real having won the double in England and la decima in real.

And I could go on and on. The point is the club won’t end after Poch leaves. If this form continues another string of games he as to leave and there’s the end of discussion. We have bad results and horrible football for nine months. And it’s not like the season before was that good. Since 2016/2017 we don’t play good football.

Hmmmm, suddenly the window was good again. I thought Levy was screwing Poch
It was better than some previous windows but you said yourself Clarke and Sess are not CL quality yet.
Armageddon is coming next summer, when we have to replace some out of contract players.

Bar guardiola and sir Alex which top managers didn’t get the boot after bad results in clubs where they were some of the best managers ever there?
Klopp left Dortmund after a disastrous season. He won them two leagues against a super Bayern and took them to the CL final operating in a very small budget.
Mourinho won three titles with Chelsea and got the boot TWICE.
Wenger Woolwich best coach ever who won them a shit load of things playing beautiful football and delivered top 4 for them 20 something years was shamefully treated by their fan base
Ancelotti from Chelsea and real having won the double in England and la decima in real.

And I could go on and on. The point is the club won’t end after Poch leaves. If this form continues another string of games he as to leave and there’s the end of discussion. We have bad results and horrible football for nine months. And it’s not like the season before was that good. Since 2016/2017 we don’t play good football.
It won't end but I doubt CL qualification is going to continue as it has done.

It was better than some previous windows but you said yourself Clarke and Sess are not CL quality yet.
Armageddon is coming next summer, when we have to replace some out of contract players.

Yep, thats the mistake we made here, but Levy cant win. As Notabadsquad pointed out, Rose, Toby and Eriksen should have all been phased out when their commitment to the cause (or total lack of it) was laid bare 18 months ago......but people would have lost their shit.

Next summer will be a rebuild.

My questions still remain though.
Would this squad commit to a new manager and perform?
Or will new players just end up like this squad did under Poch?

Time will tell, but Im leaning on the former.

Last edited:
Yep, thats the mistake we made here, but Levy cant win. As Notabadsquad pointed out, Rose, Toby and Eriksen should have all been phased out when their commitment to the cause (or total lack of it) was laid bare 18 months ago......but people would have lost their shit.

Next summer will be a rebuild.

My questions still remain though.
Would this squad commit to a new manager and perform?
Or will new players just end up like this squad did under Poch?

Time will tell, but Im leaning on the former.
i'm ok with the former if the team still gets results, I know you won't be but football is a results business, he'll be kept on as long as he's doing that,

i'm ok with the former if the team still gets results, I know you won't be but football is a results business, he'll be kept on as long as he's doing that,

You mean the latter right?

No I wont be ok with that, but at least we would all know finally what the problem is..

Liverpool have Fabinho, City have Rodri & Fernandinho, Chelsea have Kante..

They all won silverware last year and finished above us, and all have a proper defensive midfielder. Winks, Sissoko and Ndombele are very good, but neither are brilliant at the defensive side of the game.

I think we need to get Dier match fit and play him in the middle with Ndombele and another midfield ahead of him. It strengthens the midfield, protects the back line and gives Ndombele more of a license to get forward.

Yeah I meant the latter,

The problem is Levy? The champions league?

So you mean a new squad, with new CL quality players (as you´ve pointed out) but the same issues remain with regards to defensive errors, mentality, no silverware, losing to bottom end teams, conceding within 10 minutes in about 40% of games, poor attacking set pieces, poorly defending set pieces, an unsettled unbalanced team, unhappy players that want out, lack of rotation a never ending injury list, picking favourites despite poor form, and terrible away record, but none of it will be down to the manager still?

It will be the chairmans fault, despite signing the top quality players you said being regular top 4 attracts?

Wow

Back
Top Bottom