For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

You want Poch in
You want Poch out
In, out, in, out, Poch it all about
You do the pochy woochy and he turns it around
That's what Tottenham's all about
Ooooh do the pochy cokey
Ooooh do the pocky cokey

I think Poch needs to clean house just like he did when he first got to the club. 4-5 guys have ruined the lock room. He needs to stop putting them in the team. Jan, Toby, Eriksen, and Rose are the main culprits. I’d give him to the end of the year to turn it around and hopefully salvage an EL spot. if he can’t it’s time for Poch to go as well.

I think Poch needs to clean house just like he did when he first got to the club. 4-5 guys have ruined the lock room. He needs to stop putting them in the team. Jan, Toby, Eriksen, and Rose are the main culprits. I’d give him to the end of the year to turn it around and hopefully salvage an EL spot. if he can’t it’s time for Poch to go as well.
The big question here is does he have the steel in him to do that to "his sons"?

How much this squad overhaul will cost?! And levy will pay for it!
Can we afford to wait that long ? This slide is not just going to disappear. January is 3 months away,then we have no guarantees who will come in. Their impact on performances can't be reasonably expected to happen for a few weeks by which time it's early March.
The writing could be on the wall long before then. The squad needs a catalyst to regenerate drive, hunger and belief. I am not convinced Poch has the magic to do that anymore.

Interesting comments from Poch: basically says the squad is getting a complete overhaul in the next two windows without coming out and saying it

Spurs press conference live: Pochettino on crashing out of the Carabao Cup

Poch can piss off.....Ive been saying for 3 years he needs to use the squad and integrate the fringe players.

Less than 10 games into a new season and we’re talking about next summer?
Poch wanted Kane, Dele and Eriksen to play every game, every minute.

That meant no time for Janssen, Nkoudou, Njie, Llorente, Moura and for two years Lamela and Son were bit part, even if the outperformed his favorites.

He’s treated the squad with disdain.

Trippier hinted at shit behind the scenes.....and people who think losing the dressing room and saying it publicly every week means the chairman and all the players should leave not but the manager?

Laughable

Where are those who Christ worshipped Eriksen now? Look what he’s done to your other God. Awkward.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you have a manager that has longevity. He needs next two windows to build his second team and clean house. No manager that is at one club long term goes without these tough periods.

If we needed a rebuild and it was on the agenda it would have started in the last window. No reason next summer will be any different. The last window for me was what a semi-normal transfer window at a big club should be. 1/2 top players in key positions and a splash of youth.

This is what happens when you have a manager that has longevity. He needs next two windows to build his second team and clean house. No manager that is at one club long term goes without these tough periods.

But three weeks ago:

"Tuesday, we party. Finish the transfer window after tomorrow, I think Tuesday we are going to make a big party and celebrate.

"Because I think it was my worst period after five years in Tottenham."

"But now I am optimistic and happy. I think the most important thing is to all be on the same page in the club. I think that is most important.

"The players have a clear idea where we want to arrive and how we need to move. That is the most important - a clear mind, like today with Christian.

"And different players tomorrow they are going to be only focused 100 per cent on Tottenham, not thinking in different things that makes it so difficult in management."

But three weeks ago:

"Tuesday, we party. Finish the transfer window after tomorrow, I think Tuesday we are going to make a big party and celebrate.

"Because I think it was my worst period after five years in Tottenham."

"But now I am optimistic and happy. I think the most important thing is to all be on the same page in the club. I think that is most important.

"The players have a clear idea where we want to arrive and how we need to move. That is the most important - a clear mind, like today with Christian.

"And different players tomorrow they are going to be only focused 100 per cent on Tottenham, not thinking in different things that makes it so difficult in management."

Obviously he hoped something would change but it hasn't. Players who want to leave are not 100% committed to Tottenham. Fact, as Benitez would say. That causes disharmony in the squad and that sentiment spreads and we get the malaise that we have now. Poch has never been in this situation, and he is learning what a shitty place it is to be in. He has to take the blame for tactics, selections etc but I do feel sorry for him because so many important players want to move on at the same time

If Poch leAves tomorrow and a new manager comes in next week, the contract issues with Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Eriksen still remain. Rose still wants to leave, Wanyama is finished, Dier is still sulking because he wasn't allowed to join Man Utd a few years ago. It's a fucking mess and no wonder Harry looks so jacked off with it all. He is not happy because he is on the inside, he sees what is happening.

Yes I think Poch has to go but whoever takes over has to have the balls to change the shape and personnel of the team immediately and the fans will have to accept that we are taking a step backwards in the short term for the overall benefit in the long term.

Back
Top Bottom