Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the core of this team has had their moment. They're just not going to hit the heights of three or four years ago, and no manager on the planet can do anything about that. It's time to accept that the spine of the squad has to change or we're just going to have more and more and more frustrating performances with zero creativity on display.
To be fair 3-4 years is typically what you get out of a group before it gets stale. Poch has said it’s gonna be a painful rebuild and I believe him.

You’re just being highly selective with your memories - the game doesn’t change, people don’t change, it’s always been this way. Are you really trying tell me there weren’t any supporters complaining about Terry Neil back then? Lets get real real here and not try to pretend it’s was better back in the good old days and that you’re a more considered supporter than others. If you're accepting of a 7-0 defeat then actually I would suggest your actually part of the problem.
I think you're missing the point... of COURSE People complained about Terry Neill, cos he was a Gooner who helped turn us to absolute shit!!

I think the 'problem' is when fans complain about what we're not doing right in THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE....!

The European Cup was SO far off our team of the '70s, that any complaints were warranted!

I'm not saying we should just be happy to be here... but fuck me, we've got some serious 1st World problems if we're complaining about where we are at the current time!!

I think you're missing the point... of COURSE People complained about Terry Neill, cos he was a Gooner who helped turn us to absolute shit!!

I think the 'problem' is when fans complain about what we're not doing right in THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE....!

The European Cup was SO far off our team of the '70s, that any complaints were warranted!

I'm not saying we should just be happy to be here... but fuck me, we've got some serious 1st World problems if we're complaining about where we are at the current time!!

They not just complaining about the performances in the CL - there is a trend going back nearly a year now.

The notion that we should be content simply because we are in the CL when there is clear regression across all areas of the playing side is simply absurd.

Exactly, People can't comprehend that sometimes you win, sometimes you draw and sometimes you lose.. You can'twin every game and i'd stop going if I knew we were going to win every game.. The match day experience would be as dull as fuck. The not knowing is what makes it what it is.

Yep, poor Patriots fans.

:pochsmirk:

I'm not pleased we let another two-goal lead slip but we didn't lose and we go again on Saturday against Leicester.

And if we had played really well but drawn 2-2 you'd still be on here being a penis

Post match analysis should be based on the actual performance and not on pure guesswork of what may have happened..... which is normally preceded by that wonderful word IF.
Your comment If Dele and Lamela had squared the ball instead of shooting we'd have won.
is exactly that...pure speculation and is therefore not open to discussion or debate. How can you be so certain Kane would have converted those two chances ? :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

We all here are THFC supporters, we all are one club man, Spurs is in the blood. You are ST holder , there are many on here who are including me.
We are all adults, grown up men/women or even ageing men/women and this is not counselling forum to come and tell people how to react when Spurs wins or loses a match.
Every person is different in the way they think, some are more sensitive than others, some are strong some are weak, some are drunk and some are sober.
The bottom line is that the reaction of people to an event in life is different from one person to the other. There are no rules and there is no right or wrong.
Up the Spurs. Upper West.
😀

Quite right, I have a go at my brothers for being so damn right moody when we aren’t playing well. Just needed to vent

I nearly even cried in Madrid after that bloody final (smiley). Can’t work out how to do one on my phone.

Up the spurs

It seems a bit obvious that we are becoming reliant on players playing out of their skin when the tactics don't work now. There's is no plan B. No shift in play or alternative option.

And relying on that will only get us so far.
My biggest problem isn't plan B missing, it's plan A missing.

Post match analysis should be based on the actual performance and not on pure guesswork of what may have happened..... which is normally preceded by that wonderful word IF.
Your comment If Dele and Lamela had squared the ball instead of shooting we'd have won.
is exactly that...pure speculation and is therefore not open to discussion or debate. How can you be so certain Kane would have converted those two chances ? :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
True I guess. Similar to if moura had started in the cl final we'd have won. Who's been banging that drum?

Back
Top Bottom