Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Poch underachieved last season? Yet you mention in the same breath that he would have left if we had won the UCL Final?

Well he didn’t say “l’ll go home if we lose the final”, he said “ “ l’ll go home if we win it”.

And yes: Liverpool were at their worst possibly all season and there for the taking in the ECL final and we let them beat us.

We finished fourth when third spot was ours for the taking. In reality we only finished fourth because the Arse didn’t take their numerous opportunities - had we finished fifth it would have been deserved.

Well he didn’t say “l’ll go home if we lose the final”, he said “ “ l’ll go home if we win it”.

And yes: Liverpool were at their worst possibly all season and there for the taking in the ECL final and we let them beat us.

We finished fourth when third spot was ours for the taking. In reality we only finished fourth because the Arse didn’t take their numerous opportunities - had we finished fifth it would have been deserved.

Yes, we ended the PL very poorly.

We ran into bad luck with the early penalty in the UCL. But for that, I think we probably win it.

They don’t need naming and shaming. They have every right to their take on matters regarding the coach and that means changing their position if he brings about that change.Had we beaten Liverpool in the European champions league final he would have moved on of his own accord having achieved his goal. I seem to remember his obviously deliberate Freudian saying as much.

So if he so easily had intended to leave us pissing in the wind It quite rightly won’t take much for the Poch- out brigade to get vocal again - three or four lame performances with defeats among them will do; and I’ve come round to their way of thinking; he’s no longer a new manager, and another season of underachieving will make him no longer a fresh manager but [next] season a stale manager.

There should always be parameters and goals set:
I want and expect equal to or an improvement on last season and that’s a big ask; but should he allow @rsenal to finish third and above us in a face saving fourth, that’ll be enough for me - a change will be needed.

Woolwich, Wool-wich. That's what the cunts are called on here.

Yes, we ended the PL very poorly.

We ran into bad luck with the early penalty in the UCL. But for that, I think we probably win it.

The penalty was conceded inside one minute; you do not lose a game based on a first minute goal conceded; It’s a game changer because Liverpool switch from their usual all- out attacking plan to a defensive hitting us on the break plan, but that’s no excuse: Liverpool were off form but the team didn’t turn up and since we’re on the Poch thread, I believe that more than one or two players were not with it because of Lucas being benched. That must have affected the team psyche ina big way not just Moura’s after Ajax Amsterdam; in fact it showed! Does Poch call the shots or is it someone else?

Woolwich, Wool-wich. That's what the cunts are called on here.

LONDON FOOTBALL CLUBS*

North London:

Tottenham Hotspur

@rsenal.

West London:

Brentford

Fulham

Queen’s Park Rangers

Chelsea

East London:

Leyton Orient

Dagenham & Redbridge

West Ham Utd

South London:

AFC Wimbledon

Crystal Palace

Millwall

Charlton Athletic ( Woolwich).

*Professional. :roseunsure:

We are a consistent top 4 side now. I dont want us to go back to the days of AVB, Redknapp, Sherwood, Ramos, etc.

This season will decide if we are a consistent top four side... there was too much luck involved last season!

Are you being deliberately dense or is that just the way that you are?

I think it’s rather dense calling a north London club by its founding fathers name but then north Londoners are pretty dense.

I’m out of south London and the woolwich side is Charlton. Today I live very close to Highbury and this is definitely N1, and as a south Londoner I can only see the Arse as a north London club - end of!

I think it’s rather dense calling a north London club by its founding fathers name but then north Londoners are pretty dense.

I’m out of south London and the woolwich side is Charlton. Today I live very close to Highbury and this is definitely N1, and as a south Londoner I can only see the Arse as a north London club - end of!
Do you class yourself as a North Londoner?

The penalty was conceded inside one minute; you do not lose a game based on a first minute goal conceded; It’s a game changer because Liverpool switch from their usual all- out attacking plan to a defensive hitting us on the break plan, but that’s no excuse: Liverpool were off form but the team didn’t turn up and since we’re on the Poch thread, I believe that more than one or two players were not with it because of Lucas being benched. That must have affected the team psyche ina big way not just Moura’s after Ajax Amsterdam; in fact it showed! Does Poch call the shots or is it someone else?

I agree. It changes the dynamics of the game and makes it harder to win, but I agree that leaving Lucas out was a huge mistake. Kane was not at all ready to play. I think it was very unfair to Lucas. I don’t know what else he could have done to earn a start. We would have had a better chance to come back and win with Lucas on the pitch.

Be that as it may, just type in their name as normal and it is automatically change to the more accepted term!

It's pretty fucking easy mate.

Don't care about your life's story but just want to point out you gave me a Disagree. I thought you had problem with the dreaded 'X'?

:sonhmm:

I agree. It changes the dynamics of the game and makes it harder to win, but I agree that leaving Lucas out was a huge mistake. Kane was not at all ready to play. I think it was very unfair to Lucas. I don’t know what else he could have done to earn a start. We would have had a better chance to come back and win with Lucas on the pitch.

Deli had a strop on - it was obvious.
Eriksen was equally disinterested; I’d go further and say if Lucas started we win.

Tut tut tut...

do you really think a trap like that doesn’t stand out a mile? That’s what I meant by all
north Londoners are dense. :sonpoint:
So you class yourself as a South Londoner because that's where you was born and bred. Same with Woolwich, dropping the Woolwich part and relocating to North London doesn't make them a North London team, there is no place in North London called @rsenal.
You must be in a tiny minority of Spurs fans that think of Woolwich as a North London team. But each to their own.

Be that as it may, just type in their name as normal and it is automatically change to the more accepted term!

It's pretty fucking easy mate.

Don't care about your life's story but just want to point out you gave me a Disagree. I thought you had problem with the dreaded 'X'?

I started a whole thread about the disagree button; I didn’t say I have a problem with it exactly, I said it makes more sense stating why you disagree otherwise it seems pointless.

Do keep up old chap and it’ll always be either @rsenal or the Arse.

So you class yourself as a South Londoner because that's where you was born and bred. Same with Woolwich, dropping the Woolwich part and relocating to North London doesn't make them a North London team, there is no place in North London called @rsenal. You must be in a tiny minority of Spurs fans that think of Woolwich as a North London team. But each to their own.

There’s a train station on the Piccadilly line called @rsenal therefore there’s a place with that name. To date they haven’t reverted it to its original name so the area is still called that! And I don’t agree- it’s you north London lot that are obsessed with calling them woolwich - we think it’s stupid. But as you said: each to their own opinion.

Back
Top Bottom