Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Yep, other side of Charring Cross road.I use Dj in Denmark Street,and heard it called Soho all the time.

Tin Pan Alley bar? Very rarely had a DJ but did occasionally. They’re redeveloping St Giles and Denmark street - big money - calling it St Giles circus, it will have London’s largest night club 50 ft underground!

You’re right of course but I still generally liked the football we played under him

3-1 against Inter a memorable night for me

Loved it
Totally agree, that's what makes me aggrieved. The situation was self inflicted, we may have gone onto greater things if he hadn't messed up.

Totally agree, that's what makes me aggrieved. The situation was self inflicted, we may have gone onto greater things if he hadn't messed up.

Harry is West Ham and had no “real” love for Spurs; his goal was the England job and it was his arrogance that got in his way - he foolishly believed the media.

I’m glad they fucked him off!

There’s a train station on the Piccadilly line called @rsenal therefore there’s a place with that name. To date they haven’t reverted it to its original name so the area is still called that! And I don’t agree- it’s you north London lot that are obsessed with calling them woolwich - we think it’s stupid. But as you said: each to their own opinion.
There is no such place. Having a station named after it doesn't mean squat.

And plenty of south london spurs call them Woolwich, gooners, or cunts. Very few of the ones I know use their real name

My point is as long as the station doesn’t revert to its original Gillespie road name it will always be called @rsenal and people that live there call it that - I live here so I know what they call it!
And there are people that in battersea that call it south chelsea.
They are cunts, but what can you do.

No truth in that whatsoever it’s mere daily mail/ news of the screws garbage. Battersea pronounced “Butterseeahh” was the other bullshit line!

And plenty of south london spurs call them Woolwich, gooners, or cunts. Very few of the ones I know use their real name

Nahh, they call themselves gooners when in fact “ gooners” was one of their earlier firms not the general fan base as it is now. Gooners is gooners; Herd is Herd and @rsenal is @rsenal. Case closed!

Not true. I've heard people do it.

The area known as south Chelsea is the wharf development where the likes of Elton John, Phill Collins Madonna and other rock stars have had penthouses and barges and it is located either on the water or north of the river - not Battersea south!

...and Tottenham Court Road station isn't in Tottenham...
...and as for Liverpool Street.... it's nowhere near Anfield OR Goodison Park!

Go figure!

This is all absolutely fascinating lads (fuck all to do with Poch Out) but very interesting nonetheless :thumbup: ;)

MDG went a bit ding dong on the woolwich issue and had us all talking about place names. I’m not grassing him- up - just saying like. :roseunsure:

You’re right of course but I still generally liked the football we played under him

3-1 against Inter a memorable night for me

Loved it

I’m quite sure WHL was never as loud again as it was at the end of the 4th season against Scum and Chelsea, and the following season in the CL vs Inter.

Ear bleeding nights

Back
Top Bottom