Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This team will be so much different after the break. We are trying to integrate new players, the window is still open and we have injuries. After the break we should have Ndombele back, hopefully KWP and/or Foyth healthy, Lo Celso with more time, Dele fully fit, Jan hopefully more fit, etc. Even having more role players like Dier and Davies fit will help.

Today we played fucking Sanchez at RB and a midfield of Winks and Sissoko and managed to get a point away. 90% of the people here before were saying they'd take a draw and that's what we did. Sure, a win would've been awesome but so be it.

This should be our 11 after the break...

KWP-Toby-Jan-Davies
--Ndombele-Lo Celso--
---Son-Eriksen-Dele---
-----------Kane----------
I think I might prefer Lucas over Harry considering his present form. He obviously isn't himself at the moment and I think Lucas deserves some game time whilst Harry sorts out what's bothering him.

Thought winks was brilliant today. More to do with his off the ball tracking back and covering runs and getting his foot stuck in to tackles.

Lamela and Eriksen were good, son too.

Ref was atrocious, could argue he fucked our game plan with the yellows and not booking their players, particularly Xhaka.
Agreed
How xhaka got away without being booked until 90 minute. The tackle on son for the pen was a yellow all day long

I don't get why anyone is surprised VAR is so shit. I called it in the World Cup, either you use it to officiate every decision from the 1st minute to the last or don't bother with it at all. Making selective decisions about what gets looked at and what doesn't is a subjective shit shower that's open to criticism and abuse.
Totally agree, its just another blokes opinion, Dele should have had a Pen all day long, rugby tackled but VAR dont even review it..total shit

I don't get this. Lo Celso isn't yet match fit. Must be a lot of crap. For fuck sakes Sanchez came back one week earlier and have been playing every game. It's not like he's been drinking beer and eating fish and chips for 3 months. He's been fucking playing football followed by a 3 week break.

I didn’t think that Pepe looked 80mil quid worth of player. Bit of Gervinho on that showing
But the NBC commentary team were singing his praises every 30 seconds.

Even treated his free kicks with a hushed reverence as if Ronaldo was standing over the ball.

Are you telling me they could have an agenda to hype him up every fucking moment to cater to the cringeworthy Woolwich fans listening at home?
:ledley:

United and Chelsea have rolled out their best 11 and if you can tell the difference between them and 9th then congrats.

We had no Ndombele, Lo Celso as a sub, Dele as a sub, Eriksen situation up in the air, no Verts until today, both first choice RBs out. Sorry but if you don’t see a clear difference I’m not sure what to say.

Yes I see a difference, but again that is a very biased analysis. We don't even know yet if Ndombele and Lo Celso will have much impact for us this season. On the flip side you could say it will take time for Wan Bissaka and Mcguire to settle at United and they will only get better.

Yes we should finish ahead of United this season, but to say they'll struggle to get to 65 while we're in the low 80s screams Scouser level delusion.

Even treated his free kicks with a hushed reverence as if Ronaldo was standing over the ball.

Are you telling me they could have an agenda to hype him up every fucking moment to cater to the cringeworthy Woolwich fans listening at home?
Yep agree

Didn’t even call him out for his pony free kick that went 10 yards wide

Just ‘couldn’t quite get enough bend on it to bring it back ‘

:pochfacepalm:

They paid 50m to upgrade Iwobi. I mean I don’t know if that’s wise given their defense but it is what it is.

New position. Not the right day for slagging him off. Remind me why were paying Pochettino 8 mil a year?
I don't know
He's not really earning it. Sanchez has been poor in every position. I think we should sell him while he's young and fit and use that money more wisely

Yes I see a difference, but again that is a very biased analysis. We don't even know yet if Ndombele and Lo Celso will have much impact for us this season. On the flip side you could say it will take time for Wan Bissaka and Mcguire to settle at United and they will only get better.

Yes we should finish ahead of United this season, but to say they'll struggle to get to 65 while we're in the low 80s screams Scouser level delusion.
We basically corrected our biggest weakness (midfield) with 2 of the best 3 midfielders available (Rodri being the other). Chelsea have a worse squad and a worse manager and United marginally improved their defense without upgrading their midfield and have a hobbit for a boss.

Unless Leicester sneaks into the mix we are competing with Liverpool and Woolwich for 2-4. I genuinely think Ndombele and Lo Celso are worth 10 points.

This team will be so much different after the break. We are trying to integrate new players, the window is still open and we have injuries. After the break we should have Ndombele back, hopefully KWP and/or Foyth healthy, Lo Celso with more time, Dele fully fit, Jan hopefully more fit, etc. Even having more role players like Dier and Davies fit will help.

Today we played fucking Sanchez at RB and a midfield of Winks and Sissoko and managed to get a point away. 90% of the people here before were saying they'd take a draw and that's what we did. Sure, a win would've been awesome but so be it.

This should be our 11 after the break...

KWP-Toby-Jan-Davies
--Ndombele-Lo Celso--
---Son-Eriksen-Dele---
-----------Kane----------
Toby and Jan escaped criticism today despite being at fault for both goals.

Lots to improve on from the majority

Back
Top Bottom