Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really feel that if Lamela can stay fit, he’ll have a great season. I imagine he is rightfully behind Eriksen, Son, Lucas, Kane, Lo Celso, and Sessegnon for game time, but he will get his chances and I do feel he will take them if fit. He hasn’t proved he can stay fit so that’s a huge if. I did feel he played well yesterday.
Do you seriously believe he played well

It's a new season and he should be given another (last!) chance to show what he can do.

His contribution yesterday was ordinary (much like a lot of his team mates), however the flattening of Grealish leading to the second goal was priceless.

He's got so stay injury free, but with our newly acquired abundance in midfield may be limited to sub appearances or cup games.

He did good v Villa. Sort of an assist for Harry's goal.
If he was a wanted player we would be fielding bids from clubs everywhere. We're not.

For fuck sake, those two post just sum up what an absolute piece of human garbage you are. Just a pathetic little worthless creature without whom the world would be better place without slightest of doubt.

In the first post quote you URGE people to forget player who represents the club you claim to support?!?
And in 2nd you are CELEBRATING as your victory that someone got dissapointed in player who represents the club you claim to support ?!?!?

I cannot really put in words how repulsive piece of shit you are. I mean you are not even "internet hero" because throwing shit at someone who is part of the squad you claim to support - I cant see how this is anything to live for. But for you it seems to be only point in life :eek:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Ffs, I too used to defend Lamela for critique a lot. And by now I have acknowledged that he will not become player I hoped he will. And I was open to idea of club selling him. Yes, yesterday I got frustrated as well when he ran between Villa players and lost the ball.

But I could not even imagine in my wildest dreams that I would take it my personal crusade to constantly take a dump on a Spurs player like this. And taking pride when someone actually admits that he is not playing well...

Do you know what, I was going go after you big style, annihilate you and chase you off the forum, which I've become quite good at. I'll dig up dirt on you, find things out about you, find what makes you tick... Because it's a real pet hate of mine - people who bring personal abuse on to the Spurs section, because it wrecks threads. Instead of discussion about football, you get pages and pages of tedious crap.

But I'm gonna let off, this one time, because the truth is, you're a nobody on this forum. I don't personally remember anything you've ever posted. And this was your big chance to change that. Start a cunt off with a known character, some may like me, some may dislike me, but everyone knows me. Nobody knows you, you're irrelevant. So return obscurity.

And to clarify about about Lamela, I will explain in it the simplest terms. I simply don't enjoy watching him play. I groan when his name's on the team sheet because my enjoyment of watching my team, which I've supported since the mid 80s, is diminished, sullied. Watching his lamentable attempt at striking a football into a near empty net is like chalk scraped down a blackboard to me. I can kick a football better than him!

I'd much rather watch players like Skipp or Parrott instead. I'd simply enjoy it more, watching skillful players develop and grow. The highlight of my entire time as a Spurs fan was not any trophies we won or getting to the CL final, it was watching Harry Kane develop. The antithesis of that is watching Erik Lamela go sideways and cut inside for 6 years. I find it down right nauseating to be honest.

I respect other people's opions are different, and they like watching fighters and grafters and nigglers. But that's not what I personally watch football for.

Why does there has to be agenda?? why does world has to be so black and white to some?

Anyone can go back in this thread and read my posts of standing up for Coco and giving him praise where praise was deserved. Including the start of the season. But now... i am fed up.

While (truthfully saying) that he helped us in the beginning of the season it is conviniently unmentioned that he was useless for the 3/4 of the campaign. Within first 11 rounds he scored 4 and assisted 1 in league. With all the other 27 games he provided 1 assist (and could participate only in 12 of them - 6 starts + 6 subs). And this has been the story of his Spurs career. He is not a dependable player unfortunately.

I love his attitude and some technical skills, but he is not consistent enough and most importantly - not available enough. When we were in dire need of manpower in attacking department - he was injured. Season 2015/16 was the last time he was a dependable player. This was quite some time ago.

I am not saying that he is useless, nor that he should never play for us again nor that we should give him away for free - no. But I am saying that we could upgrade on him significantly.

You said that to Spursdem. You're worse than Spursdem. At least he's consistent.

And this:

Oh, goddamn. I have defended Coco here for so many times. On few occasions already I took out the "I told you so!" banner when he was doing fine... But I have to admit - he is not dependable, offers too little all in all plus well... At 27 either of those facts are unlikely to change.

Just checked - 15/16 was the last season when he played more than 1500 minutes (which is less than 17 full games - only fracture of the full season). For 3rd season in a row and total 4th out of 6 he just can't be relied upon. Take now for example - Kane injured, Alli injured, Eriksen in questionable form - really could use in form Coco.... Buuuuut we cannot. Injured. Again.

Love his attitude, passion and technique, but just seems that it is time to look for an alternative. Though there are more pressing issues in squad (and would not be too bothered with him staying either).

And what the fuck is this about:

Ohgoddamnit. I can't really focus on anything today.
I mean I hooked up with a girl and did it in Spurs jersey before the 1st leg. That did not work for good luck.
So this time it was without a shirt... result would better be good now!!

That's just weird. "Hooked up" "Jersey". Are you some prepubescent little American kid?

I've got this new idea. NW1 is a split personality of Sammy. In his conscious moments, Sammy rails against Eriksen, but he experiences black-outs and this is when NW1 gains control and resumes his crusade against Lamela.

NW1spur I like what you say about young guys, but Fortunately or unfortunately we now "need" Champions League football not just the money it gives us and not the 5th placed team
this then means we need every point we can get, so playing a youngster is a problem, with Lamela its 7/10 each time with a youngster it could be 8/10 or 5/10
Lamela mistake leading to a goal its "oh well"
youngsters mistake leading to a goal its " why take the risk with a youngster"

Do you know what, I was going go after you big style, annihilate you and chase you off the forum, which I've become quite good at. I'll dig up dirt on you, find things out about you, find what makes you tick... Because it's a real pet hate of mine - people who bring personal abuse on to the Spurs section, because it wrecks threads. Instead of discussion about football, you get pages and pages of tedious crap.

But I'm gonna let off, this one time, because the truth is, you're a nobody on this forum. I don't personally remember anything you've ever posted. And this was your big chance to change that. Start a cunt off with a known character, some may like me, some may dislike me, but everyone knows me. Nobody knows you, you're irrelevant. So return obscurity.

And to clarify about about Lamela, I will explain in it the simplest terms. I simply don't enjoy watching him play. I groan when his name's on the team sheet because my enjoyment of watching my team, which I've supported since the mid 80s, is diminished, sullied. Watching his lamentable attempt at striking a football into a near empty net is like chalk scraped down a blackboard to me. I can kick a football better than him!

I'd much rather watch players like Skipp or Parrott instead. I'd simply enjoy it more, watching skillful players develop and grow. The highlight of my entire time as a Spurs fan was not any trophies we won or getting to the CL final, it was watching Harry Kane develop. The antithesis of that is watching Erik Lamela go sideways and cut inside for 6 years. I find it down right nauseating to be honest.

I respect other people's opions are different, and they like watching fighters and grafters and nigglers. But that's not what I personally watch football for.

That's all a bit sad NW1.

Always thought he's best coming off the bench late on when the midfield gaps appear. (City1-2 for Eriksen winner)

He sees a good pass on the edge of the box

(Leicester home 0-1 Kane hits bar; Leicester away 1-2 Kane late goal).

That's all a bit sad NW1.

Like everything, it's just my opinion, and that what's a forum is literally for, an exchange of opinions. Nothing personal against Erik, I just really don't like him as a footballer, never have. I'm sure every football fan has had that, the player they just really can't warm to.

Yeah you're a celebrity on this forum, mate. Please don't destroy anybody. Have some mercy, for God's sake. Us plebs don't know any better.

Would rather see Lamela brought off the bench to fuck someone's legs up, than start him. Don't think he's good enough for a starting place now, especially considering the options we now have in midfield...Son, Moura, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Winks, Sissoko, Alli...

Yeah you're a celebrity on this forum, mate. Please don't destroy anybody. Have some mercy, for God's sake. Us plebs don't know any better.

I encourage you to do the same too, and take the role of self moderation seriously, as I started doing recently instead of quitting the forum. I go after abusive posters, racists, blatant trolls from other clubs and posters who derail threads, like this thread was derailed by a completely over the top personal attack.

Last edited:
Would rather see Lamela brought off the bench to fuck someone's legs up, than start him. Don't think he's good enough for a starting place now, especially considering the options we now have in midfield...Son, Moura, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Winks, Sissoko, Alli...

Yep, same for Sissoko & Moura though.
Winks, Ndombele & LoCelso are the starting 3 mids, with Dele, Eriksen & Son to partner Kane up front.
Lamela, Sissoko, Moura are all big impact subs - that's a proper bench.

Back
Top Bottom