Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And arguably our best attacking player in the first half. He tried to link the attack together but Harry and Lucas were way too static meaning that the only one doing runs was Sissoko and Ndombele. He's at his best against continental opponents who don't press as hard and he is allowed space.

I'd like to see him put to man mark Rodri next weekend to see what happens.

This is just rewriting history. It's been going on for 6 years now. People claiming he was best player in this or that game when he clearly wasn't, but was actually rather bad. Go look at Lamela's last 10 or starts in the PL or CL. We barely score any goals when he plays. He did well to avoid getting hooked after 60 minutes, which is what usually happens. People treat him like this young kid, a new signing, that will come good one day. Forget him, get behind Lo Celso, Sessegnon, even GKN if he gets a shot. And when they start banging in goals and making things happen, it'll just emphasize even more what a dissapointment Lamela has been.

I'm absolutely baffled by the negativity surrounding Lamela. It's as if some people are watching a completely different player. There's clearly no point me trying to change minds but I still believe that if he can stay fit he'll do it himself.

Coming off a 3-1 win the hottest thread is Erik Lamela and it’s all negative.

His hustle lead to the 2nd goal.

Still keep shitting on him though

Forget him, get behind Lo Celso, Sessegnon, even GKN if he gets a shot. And when they start banging in goals and making things happen, it'll just emphasize even more what a dissapointment Lamela has been.

Yep, after giving me a thousand disagrees about Lamela, he's well and truly turned:

For fuck sake, those two post just sum up what an absolute piece of human garbage you are. Just a pathetic little worthless creature without whom the world would be better place without slightest of doubt.

In the first post quote you URGE people to forget player who represents the club you claim to support?!?
And in 2nd you are CELEBRATING as your victory that someone got dissapointed in player who represents the club you claim to support ?!?!?

I cannot really put in words how repulsive piece of shit you are. I mean you are not even "internet hero" because throwing shit at someone who is part of the squad you claim to support - I cant see how this is anything to live for. But for you it seems to be only point in life :eek:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Ffs, I too used to defend Lamela for critique a lot. And by now I have acknowledged that he will not become player I hoped he will. And I was open to idea of club selling him. Yes, yesterday I got frustrated as well when he ran between Villa players and lost the ball.

But I could not even imagine in my wildest dreams that I would take it my personal crusade to constantly take a dump on a Spurs player like this. And taking pride when someone actually admits that he is not playing well...

For fuck sake, those two post just sum up what an absolute piece of human garbage you are. Just a pathetic little worthless creature without whom the world would be better place without slightest of doubt.

In the first post quote you URGE people to forget player who represents the club you claim to support?!?
And in 2nd you are CELEBRATING as your victory that someone got dissapointed in player who represents the club you claim to support ?!?!?

I cannot really put in words how repulsive piece of shit you are. I mean you are not even "internet hero" because throwing shit at someone who is part of the squad you claim to support - I cant see how this is anything to live for. But for you it seems to be only point in life :eek:

Ffs, I too used to defend Lamela for critique a lot. And by now I have acknowledged that he will not become player I hoped he will. And I was open to idea of club selling him. Yes, yesterday I got frustrated as well when he ran between Villa players and lost the ball.

But I could not even imagine in my wildest dreams that I would take it my personal crusade to constantly take a dump on a Spurs player like this. And taking pride when someone actually admits that he is not playing well...

Pop in another Tampax and stfu mate your post goes too far.

This is just rewriting history. It's been going on for 6 years now. People claiming he was best player in this or that game when he clearly wasn't, but was actually rather bad. Go look at Lamela's last 10 or starts in the PL or CL. We barely score any goals when he plays. He did well to avoid getting hooked after 60 minutes, which is what usually happens. People treat him like this young kid, a new signing, that will come good one day. Forget him, get behind Lo Celso, Sessegnon, even GKN if he gets a shot. And when they start banging in goals and making things happen, it'll just emphasize even more what a dissapointment Lamela has been.

Behind GKN... FFS.

Pop in another Tampax and stfu mate your post goes too far.

Aha, so one post goes too far?
But sitting here for years on end and constantly shitting on one of our own players is "cool" ?
Celebrating the fact that fan was dissapointed in one of our won player is not "too far"?
Suggesting to "forget" / "not to get behind" our own player is not "too far"?

Well fook, me then I like to be "too far"

Blah, blah, blah, same shit for seven years. Having a picnic with the girlfriend at the moment, can't be bothered to respond past that. Lamela is a cult, always has been, always will be. Anyway, I will be talking to you in the toilet later on. That's where I take apart obnoxious little cunts like you.

Blah, blah, blah, same shit for seven years. Having a picnic with the girlfriend at the moment, can't be bothered to respond past that. Lamela is a cult, always has been, always will be. Anyway, I will be talking to you in the toilet later on. That's where I take apart obnoxious little cunts like you.

What cult? Only cult-minded person here is you.

I myself and pretty much everyone else here acknowlodge Lamela's shortcomings and issues and his role.
But the differences here are that -
a) we are actually sad/dissapointed in the fact, cause we want players to actually do well for the club
b) we can acknowlodge situation with more colors/shadows. Say that on 0-100 point scale (of being valuable) you are saying that its 0 and it could never be anything more. None here say that he is like even 75 or so. Maybe 33... now you tell me which of those evaluations is single-minded / cult-minded and which isnt,

What cult? Only cult-minded person here is you.

I myself and pretty much everyone else here acknowlodge Lamela's shortcomings and issues and his role.
But the differences here are that -
a) we are actually sad/dissapointed in the fact, cause we want players to actually do well for the club
b) we can acknowlodge situation with more colors/shadows. Say that on 0-100 point scale (of being valuable) you are saying that its 0 and it could never be anything more. None here say that he is like even 75 or so. Maybe 33... now you tell me which of those evaluations is single-minded / cult-minded and which isnt,

That's bullshit, Nw1 is clearly a big Spurs fan it just so happens he thinks Lamela is shit and nowhere near good enough for a top 6 side, a sentiment I share.

Change the name from Lamela to Trippier Sissoko or Nkoudou and I guarantee you the same views of a player would be far more tolerated by the status quo on here.

That's bullshit, Nw1 is clearly a big Spurs fan it just so happens he thinks Lamela is shit and nowhere near good enough for a top 6 side, a sentiment I share.

Change the name from Lamela to Trippier Sissoko or Nkoudou and I guarantee you the same views of a player would be far more tolerated by the status quo on here.

100%.

It's never with Lamela that you doubt his effort. It's his impact and what he adds.

I think if Sessegnon is asked to play in the same or similar role the difference will become clear.

The love-in with Lamela and Rose baffles me I must say

But isn’t this similar to another posters obsession with Sissoko?

You just know that he’s hoping the lad fucks up to suit his agenda even if it means us losing

Strange

I really feel that if Lamela can stay fit, he’ll have a great season. I imagine he is rightfully behind Eriksen, Son, Lucas, Kane, Lo Celso, and Sessegnon for game time, but he will get his chances and I do feel he will take them if fit. He hasn’t proved he can stay fit so that’s a huge if. I did feel he played well yesterday.

I really feel that if Lamela can stay fit, he’ll have a great season. I imagine he is rightfully behind Eriksen, Son, Lucas, Kane, Lo Celso, and Sessegnon for game time, but he will get his chances and I do feel he will take them if fit. He hasn’t proved he can stay fit so that’s a huge if. I did feel he played well yesterday.

He certainly put the effort in and it can’t be easy to play against him

But it wouldn’t surprise me to read tomorrow that he’s picked up a knock and us out for a few weeks

Hope not and I hope we get the best out of him

Back
Top Bottom