Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think a club in Italy or Spain would pay that. He isn't suited to the premier league but he's still a very good player. Give him space and time, a league he no longer has to worry about his pace or strength and he would flourish.
Always said he suited Italy or Spain way more.

I agree with the sentiment that he would be better in another league but there is no way he gets in a top 6 Spanish or Italian team.
Would rather have given his wages to Toby or Eriksen to keep them longer. Very odd decision to extend his contract considering his average performances & bad injury record.

I'm absolutely baffled by the negativity surrounding Lamela. It's as if some people are watching a completely different player. There's clearly no point me trying to change minds but I still believe that if he can stay fit he'll do it himself.

Can't see how he even plays in any meaningful game when Lo Cel so and Dele are ready if Eriksen ends up staying as well he's no chance of significant game time.
True, but I'm ok with that, as long as Dele improves on recent performances obviously.

On the positive side of that, Lamela doesn't seem to be the type to throw his toys out of the pram and look for a move. If he can stay fit he could be a valuable squad player.

True, but I'm ok with that, as long as Dele improves on recent performances obviously.

On the positive side of that, Lamela doesn't seem to be the type to throw his toys out of the pram and look for a move. If he can stay fit he could be a valuable squad player.

Why would he? He's a permacrock who is on 100k a week bet he can't believe his luck.

Will be given that as an assist? , seems generous seeing as what he actually did was hit as scruffy weak shot that was going wide of the right post that fortuitously ended up at Kane's feet on the left side of the six yard box via a double deflection

That’s what Sissoko was trying to do with his shot/cross from 6 yds
You tell Blakey that and he won’t believe you

:pochfacepalm:

Can't see how he even plays in any meaningful game when Lo Cel so and Dele are ready if Eriksen ends up staying as well he's no chance of significant game time.
Really? Hmmm. You see, I thought he played quite well yesterday. The same as Moura and Kane played quite well. He may be a lesbian but diamonds are definitely not his best friend.

Brilliant squad player. Not sure what people expect ? He played yesterday because we had lots of injuries , but most of the time he will be an impact player and starter when we have a few players missing. Not many better squad players in the league. Got drive, passion and fight. It was his work that created our 2nd for Harry.

Brilliant squad player. Not sure what people expect ? He played yesterday because we had lots of injuries , but most of the time he will be an impact player and starter when we have a few players missing. Not many better squad players in the league. Got drive, passion and fight. It was his work that created our 2nd for Harry.

Personally I'd swap Lamela for a Robert Snodgrass in a heartbeat not that I rate either particularity highly.

Last edited:

There's he'll of a lot of cheaper ones. 100k a week for a squad player is too much. He doesn't earn it. Has he even scored or assisted this calendar year? In the last 3 years I think he only has about 2 or 3 PL assists and a handful of goals.

Hopefully with a fully fit squad he'll just become a League and FA Cup player.

And arguably our best attacking player in the first half. He tried to link the attack together but Harry and Lucas were way too static meaning that the only one doing runs was Sissoko and Ndombele. He's at his best against continental opponents who don't press as hard and he is allowed space.

I'd like to see him put to man mark Rodri next weekend to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom