Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

last few games Lamela looks like the player we wanted to when we got him,
why who has put a rocket up his behind & told him to pull his finger out

Maybe he’s ’ now fully fit which he wasn’t last season imv

Last edited:
Lamela always looks good in the pre season where the intensity is very low he also shines in Europa League group games against peasants and farmers who simply can't match the level of conditioning that an elite professional athlete can attain , Lamela has pathetic upper body strength and simply can't cut it at Premier League once it's at full tilt after the first 8-10 games.

He's been a terrible buy on paper.

We got him for 30 million and he's been at the club 6 years. If we sold him tomorrow we would probably make a profit on him. As far as transfers go that isn't "terrible".

When used as an AM/Secondary striker he is, in my opinion, one of the best players in the squad, the issue is he rarely gets to play there. When we use him as a winger he fades, as him and Eriksen get in each others way.

If he has an injury-free season you will see his value, but that's a huge if.

We got him for 30 million and he's been at the club 6 years. If we sold him tomorrow we would probably make a profit on him. As far as transfers go that isn't "terrible".

When used as an AM/Secondary striker he is, in my opinion, one of the best players in the squad, the issue is he rarely gets to play there. When we use him as a winger he fades, as him and Eriksen get in each others way.

If he has an injury-free season you will see his value, but that's a huge if.

Cmon now, there is no way we could sell Lamela for more than 30 million no chance at all, 30 million in today's money makes him less of s flop but let's be real 30 million in old money is 50 or 60 million in today's money in football, Lamela ha been a flop pure and simple and with hindsight there is no way anybody would have paid 30 million for him in 2013.

Cmon now, there is no way we could sell Lamela for more than 30 million no chance at all, 30 million in today's money makes him less of s flop but let's be real 30 million in old money is 50 or 60 million in today's money in football, Lamela ha been a flop pure and simple and with hindsight there is no way anybody would have paid 30 million for him in 2013.
Sad but true - still waiting for his breakout season. But unfortunately as night follows day, it's just a matter of time before he gets injured.

I so badly want want him to be a success, but deep down know that he's been a flop.

14 goals in 129 games over 6 years has been pants.

18 million Euros seems about right. Be tough to get someone to match his wages though. Heard it all before with Lamela, he always dissapoints and it amazes how some people think his 7th year here will be any less underwhelming than his first six.

18 million Euros seems about right. Be tough to get someone to match his wages though. Heard it all before with Lamela, he always dissapoints and it amazes how some people think his 7th year here will be any less underwhelming than his first six.

I've heavily criticised him in the past, but hey, it's a new season and he needs to be given another chance.

Has looked good in pre-season but needs to stay on his feet. Going to ground with his 'sliding tackles' is asking for a yellow.

Think some extra zip is being addd, by him seeing Eriksen's likely sale and thinking it is his moment to grab the 10 shirt/role. With Dele in a funk, I'm 100% behind Poch starting Lamela against Villa, as I think he will do (even if we sign Lo Celso, too soon now before the game, Fernandes ditto, Dele injured, Eriksen's head not here clearly...).

Coco IMO is the absolute best squad player a team at our level can attain, only attainable due to his injuries.

10 goals and 10 assists + this season if he stays fit.

#teamcoco

I will forever adore him for his Hand stamp on that prick flabbygas. And also for calling Wheelchair a pussy oh and that naughty punch in the guts to some Swansea tosser at the Lane.

I clearly like a bit of spite.

I will forever adore him for his Hand stamp on that prick flabbygas. And also for calling Wheelchair a pussy oh and that naughty punch in the guts to some Swansea tosser at the Lane.

I clearly like a bit of spite.
Him apparently wanting to fight the entire Chelsea locker room after Fibreglass called Jesus a slur after the battle at the bridge is my favorite Lamela moment.

Cmon now, there is no way we could sell Lamela for more than 30 million no chance at all,

I think a club in Italy or Spain would pay that. He isn't suited to the premier league but he's still a very good player. Give him space and time, a league he no longer has to worry about his pace or strength and he would flourish.

Back
Top Bottom