Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can claim he isn’t the player we thought we were buying, or that he will end up with an inevitable lengthy injury in 6 weeks time.

But I just can’t help but adore the man, when ever he plays against a big team I always smile because I know he embodies poch’s pressing philosophy to the maximum.

He plays with heart, and if he can keep the injuries to a minimum this year he is an amazing squad option.

Class act.

You can claim he isn’t the player we thought we were buying, or that he will end up with an inevitable lengthy injury in 6 weeks time.

But I just can’t help but adore the man, when ever he plays against a big team I always smile because I know he embodies poch’s pressing philosophy to the maximum.

He plays with heart, and if he can keep the injuries to a minimum this year he is an amazing squad option.

Class act.
Completely agree. I know it's hard to accept when someone doesn't fulfill your hopes and dreams (ask any divorcée) but the injuries aren't his fault and he's got some great skills and a strong work ethic. That's all I ask. Please, please, please don't get injured.

p.s. Also, he's probably terrifying to play against.

:lamelaaghh:

He was gash. Grealish running into him and giving away the ball doesn't change that. Can't hope to compete with City/Dippers with players like Lamela. With Lo Celso and Sessegnon coming in and Son to come back, hopefully he won't start too many games. Full pre season, no international tournaments, and that's the best he's got. Not good enough. Never been good enough. He blunts our whole attacking play.

Some perspective here, the entire attack, Kane, Lamela and Moura were poor until the final 20 against a team that did nothing but put 10 men behind the ball. If you're gonna call him shit at least be fair on the others.

Lamela is one of those players that does a complete shit play and somewhat makes up for it by winning the ball back. Still doesn't make up for his poor decisions, but at least his effort is there and he tries to make up for it.

yes he gives 100%, but he is just like sissoko,
I thought we were signing a star when we got him, but its all left foot and effort But that is not enough

Some perspective here, the entire attack, Kane, Lamela and Moura were poor until the final 20 against a team that did nothing but put 10 men behind the ball. If you're gonna call him shit at least be fair on the others.

Some more perspective here apart from his one in 10 performance (usually against dross) Lamela never cuts the mustard.

Kane can be fucking woeful and score a hatful, Lamela just can't

Lucas and Son have plenty of shit games but the shit/game to good game ratio is far better, they also both have a tonne of end product compared to Lamela.

That's my perspective.

Last edited:
He was gash. Grealish running into him and giving away the ball doesn't change that. Can't hope to compete with City/Dippers with players like Lamela. With Lo Celso and Sessegnon coming in and Son to come back, hopefully he won't start too many games. Full pre season, no international tournaments, and that's the best he's got. Not good enough. Never been good enough. He blunts our whole attacking play.

He didn’t have a good match but cmon Grealish ran into him???

That’s not the case and you know it

He didn’t have a good match but cmon Grealish ran into him???

That’s not the case and you know it

It was more on Grealish dwardling than anything Lamela did.

It was an absolute horror show from Lamela and there's no hiding it but that was possibly his first meaningful contribution in 2019. His new thing seems to be a delusion that he's gonna score from a direct free kick. He tried one thirty yards out in a wide position instead of crossing it. He'd be a better player if he first accepted how shit he actually is and played within his limitations.

It was more on Grealish dwardling than anything Lamela did.

It was an absolute horror show from Lamela and there's no hiding it but that was possibly his first meaningful contribution in 2019. His new thing seems to be a delusion that he's gonna score from a direct free kick. He tried one thirty yards out in a wide position instead of crossing it. He'd be a better player if he first accepted how shit he actually is and played within his limitations.
1xTG.gif

Back
Top Bottom