Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

finally looks like we might have deep depth in the team. If Eriksen signs a new deal and Toby and Rose stay one more season we could have the below.

First team

Lloris
Foyth Toby Verts Rose
Lo Celso Winks Ndombele
Eriksen Son
Kane

Second team

Gazza
Aurier/KWP Sanchez Dier Davies/Sessegnon
Sissoko Waynama/Skipp Dele
Lamela Parrott Lucas

Lloris, Gazzaniga, Whiteman
Aurier, KWP, Foyth
Rose, Davies, Sessengon
Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth, Dier
Winks, Dier, Wanyama, Skipp
Ndombele, Sissoko, Roles
Dele, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Lamela
Son, Lucas, Sessengon
Kane, Son, Parrott

Granted right back may need attention, but this maybe one of the best squads we've had in a long while.

Surely there's something in the pipeline relating to the RB ?? All this ITK chat and media gossip would suggest not but I cannot believe Poch hasn't identified a weakness in that position within the squad we have. :thumbdown:. I know many believe it won't be a problem this season but for me it's a grave concern and a real potential Achille's heel.

If Toby stays and signs a new 4 year deal it will be a stroke of genius from our side. Unlike CE, Toby doesn't look phased by all the talk. If he signs for £200k per week we would have saved a packet over a renewed contact the last couple of years and as soon as he pens a new deal his resale value climbs. This could mean he is used to blood in new prospects over the next two seasons then sold on for £8-12m... would be a dream scenario if it happens
That applies to CE as well

If Bale struggled to learn Spanish then he'll be fucked in China.

Reports continuously say he will only make a move thats best for his family. He has a relatively young family so I'm not sure China is the best move, especially kids having to learn a new language.

I think he'd want a move back to England, but no one will meet his wages. If Madrid paid his contract off then he would probably come back to England has he'd be roughly £33,000,000 richer.

Agreed i always use the numbers when ordering their food...

Haggling over 2 million, that's our calling card, I definitely believe this.
Hah. It does sound about right. Then again, to be fair to Spurs - it's not like haggling for 2 million off the Ndombele purchase - here, 2 million more would mean increasing our bid by 66%.

If true, I'm really glad to see Spurs actually go out there and scout some raw young talent like this. Yes, these punts can pay off or backfire, but how many superstars do you wish we'd snapped up when they were going for peanuts from smaller clubs?

Back
Top Bottom