Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, I get the impression that Eriksen genuinely wants to leave, whereas Alderweireld's concern is cashing in on that last big contract of his career, and he's happy to stay at Tottenham if we're the highest bidder.

Holding onto Toby next year in the confidence that we have the right of first refusal on any offers he may get isn't a great situation given that we could have sold him for 70m to United last year, but it's not the disaster Eriksen would be.

Taken from there, this summer is starting to shape up pretty sensibly from the rumors we're hearing.

Eriksen to Real Madrid
Rose to PSG/Juve
Janssen to Monterrey
Nkoudou and Onomah to Fulham

Lo Celso in
Sessegnon twins in
Llorente re-signed to lower wages
Foyth to RB
KWP and CCV with enhanced opportunities

Maybe only a 60m or so net spend all-in? That's adding some star power, getting us younger, clearing the bullshit off the books and resolving much of the contract drama in a pretty impressive fashion.

I can't imagine we're ending up with Lo Celso AND Eriksen, but I guess we'll see. I'd rather have Eriksen on a new contract than Lo Celso, but that doesn't sound like it's on the cards.

In 5 years Poch and Levy have upgraded Bentaleb, Mason, Townsend and Lennon to Dele Alli, Ndombele, Son and Lucas.

Add Lo Celso, Eriksen, Winks, Sissoko and Sessengon to that list and Spurs have one of the best midfields around.
Yes BUT I wonder who sanctioned Jansen, Njie and Nkoudo

Why should Bale go to China? Moving his young family halfway across the world to play in a tinpot league in a cloud of smog for a slightly higher wage. If Madrid can't work something out with Levy (highly likely), he should just kick back and collect his wages at Madrid, the guy has won pretty much everything there is to win. Bale to China makes 0 sense seeing as he has 3 years left on his contract, he doesn't have to leave.

Madrid President is not unhappy with Bale but Zidane is. They must need to get him off books to buy Pogba or fall foul of financial rules. Makes sense for Madrid to send Bale on loan and if Zidane leaves he simply returns. However cannot see Madrid backing down until end of Spanish transfer window by which time too late for any British club to take him.

So, I get the impression that Eriksen genuinely wants to leave, whereas Alderweireld's concern is cashing in on that last big contract of his career, and he's happy to stay at Tottenham if we're the highest bidder.

Holding onto Toby next year in the confidence that we have the right of first refusal on any offers he may get isn't a great situation given that we could have sold him for 70m to United last year, but it's not the disaster Eriksen would be.

Taken from there, this summer is starting to shape up pretty sensibly from the rumors we're hearing.

Eriksen to Real Madrid
Rose to PSG/Juve
Janssen to Monterrey
Nkoudou and Onomah to Fulham

Lo Celso in
Sessegnon twins in
Llorente re-signed to lower wages
Foyth to RB
KWP and CCV with enhanced opportunities

Maybe only a 60m or so net spend all-in? That's adding some star power, getting us younger, clearing the bullshit off the books and resolving much of the contract drama in a pretty impressive fashion.

I can't imagine we're ending up with Lo Celso AND Eriksen, but I guess we'll see. I'd rather have Eriksen on a new contract than Lo Celso, but that doesn't sound like it's on the cards.

I hear pretty much the opposite is true, in that Poch wants Aldweireld gone - so Alderweireld is posturing for position........he very much wants Eriksen to stay, and therefore he doesn't need to talk in the press.

ITK saying £5mn.......
ZZzwA5W.gif

What's the content pal? For some reason my Twitter isn't now loading at the moment.

Couple of rumours I have seen elsewhere saying Fekir likely to sign contract today as Real Betis going on s preseason tour tomorrow and expect Fekir on it

Guess we'll find that Twitter feed has the travelling squad tomorrow which would confirm his signing if the rumour is true.

Why should Bale go to China? Moving his young family halfway across the world to play in a tinpot league in a cloud of smog for a slightly higher wage. If Madrid can't work something out with Levy (highly likely), he should just kick back and collect his wages at Madrid, the guy has won pretty much everything there is to win. Bale to China makes 0 sense seeing as he has 3 years left on his contract, he doesn't have to leave.

I can think of a million reasons per week...Oh poor hard done by footballer...

Lloris, Gazzaniga, Whiteman
Aurier, KWP, Foyth
Rose, Davies, Sessengon
Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth, Dier
Winks, Dier, Wanyama, Skipp
Ndombele, Sissoko, Roles
Dele, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Lamela
Son, Lucas, Sessengon
Kane, Son, Parrott

Granted right back may need attention, but this maybe one of the best squads we've had in a long while.

It's unrealistic to fill in all the gaps in one transfer window.

You have to think Poch is prioritizing the players we're strongly linked to.

People are really upset about not bringing in another RB, but if Poch thinks we have enough cover, i'm good with it.

We didn't lose last year because of our defense. We lost because we didn't have enough creative options. No depth off the bench. We couldn't score goals when we needed it or put a game away when we had our opponents on the ropes/

We need to be ruthless and hoping the combination of attacking options and depth helps us.

Back
Top Bottom