Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In 5 years Poch and Levy have upgraded Bentaleb, Mason, Townsend and Lennon to Dele Alli, Ndombele, Son and Lucas.

Add Lo Celso, Eriksen, Winks, Sissoko and Sessengon to that list and Spurs have one of the best midfields around.

Lloris, Gazzaniga, Whiteman
Aurier, KWP, Foyth
Rose, Davies, Sessengon
Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth, Dier
Winks, Dier, Wanyama, Skipp
Ndombele, Sissoko, Roles
Dele, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Lamela
Son, Lucas, Sessengon
Kane, Son, Parrott

Granted right back may need attention, but this maybe one of the best squads we've had in a long while.

What if the Eriksen leaving news was all a ploy by his team to get a bigger contract from Spurs?

It was a interview in Denmark, he hasn't spoken to the English media regarding it and hasn't once said he won't play. If he was desperate for a new challenge then I'd imagine he'd be kicking up more of a fuss about leaving than what he is.

May just be my hopeful thinking, but I can see him signing a new deal.
I think it's genuine. I also think he massively regrets saying it though. Has looked so pissed whenever he's been asked about those comments afterwards and has straight up walked away from interviews

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Seriously though, it's very clear now how these deals unfold. I was worried before that the Fekir deal (being very good value despite his injury concerns) would get gazumped by someone bigger than Real Betis - but I doubt he'd be taking photos with Betis scarves if it wasn't basically a done thing.

Looks like we're headed for a very very fun week where Sessegnon and Lo Celso will probably both get completed.

Please, God, don't let the Lo Celso deal go through when I'm visiting the Anne Frank house - probably not the best place to suddenly start grinning.
:pochshock:

troy proved last night he is ready to be our back up striker! lets hope he is given the chance
This back up striker nonsense is starting to become boring. Son is the back up and we have Moura whose best position is up front not out wide. We then have Parrott who can come in for cup games and sub appearances.
I have lost count of the number of times I have heard pundits aka ex pros who really don’t know too much, say who will sign for us to sit on the bench while Kane plays every game. Mostly its Harry Redknapp churning out the same old guff. I like Harry but he does talk some crap and also pinches some of his stories off other expletive.
It’s as if you have to have a big man up front or he doesn’t count.

This back up striker nonsense is starting to become boring. Son is the back up and we have Moura whose best position is up front not out wide. We then have Parrott who can come in for cup games and sub appearances.
I have lost count of the number of times I have heard pundits aka ex pros who really don’t know too much, say who will sign for us to sit on the bench while Kane plays every game. Mostly its Harry Redknapp churning out the same old guff. I like Harry but he does talk some crap and also pinches some of his stories off other expletive.

Any money spent upfront is a complete waste imo. I would be happy to give Llorente another season on the basis that he can be a useful option and only costs wages.

Hopefully Parrot would then be ready for a full intro into the first team squad next season

maybe you should tell this to Poch before he tries to re-sign Llorente :pochserious2:

Edit - Grammar Police! :angryscouser:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom