Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Toby stays and signs a new 4 year deal it will be a stroke of genius from our side. Unlike CE, Toby doesn't look phased by all the talk. If he signs for £200k per week we would have saved a packet over a renewed contact the last couple of years and as soon as he pens a new deal his resale value climbs. This could mean he is used to blood in new prospects over the next two seasons then sold on for £8-12m... would be a dream scenario if it happens

I assume RM are letting him go almost for free to get his wages off their books? If that's the case then could work quite reasonable for the Chinese club as they have 100% tax on foreign players, Bale on decent wages should be a 50m + player on 200k. Sums are not crazy for the Chinese club if its a tiny transfer fee.

Latest from Marca - Betis are speeding up Operación Fekir, preparing the way for the sale of Lo Celso to Spurs. His family were in Seville at the weekend and the player is expected to come over in the next #48 hours. The agreement is done and dusted it seems, despite late interest from Napoli, who are now focusing on James

Bale is off to China by the looks of it . 1m a week

at that insane level how can you blame him. Take it and run I say... wont go down as a legend but RM's shocking treatment of him is mostly at fault.

I hope other young players look at him and his agent and realise more money and a transfer isn't always the answer... his agent has always looked for the financial rewards, not what is best for the player...

I believe in years Bale will look back and whilst happy at the financial rewards, will be disappointed with some of the decisions. Being an exceptional talent gives you choices... why didn't they look at the long game? "Gareth, what is it you want to thinking the day you retire? Lets make that happen"

Doesn't sound like s man desperate to leave. Good news

What does a man wanting to leave sound like?

"Fuck the support, fuck my team mates, fuck the manager. C'mon Zidane hurry up and buy me and get me out of this hell hole"........"Oh ZZ doesn't want me.....shit.....errr guys, you know all those things I said...."

th

All sounds positive on that front. Only delays in Fekirs move could be from Aulas at OL.

Still hoping Lo Celso will be announced within about a week, or just as his mandatory 3 week break after Copa America ends (which it does at the coming weekend)

What does a man wanting to leave sound like?

"Fuck the support, fuck my team mates, fuck the manager. C'mon Zidane hurry up and buy me and get me out of this hell hole"........"Oh ZZ doesn't want me.....shit.....errr guys, you know all those things I said...."

th

The answer would be to say nothing. No tweets no smiles etc

If Toby stays and signs a new 4 year deal it will be a stroke of genius from our side. Unlike CE, Toby doesn't look phased by all the talk. If he signs for £200k per week we would have saved a packet over a renewed contact the last couple of years and as soon as he pens a new deal his resale value climbs. This could mean he is used to blood in new prospects over the next two seasons then sold on for £8-12m... would be a dream scenario if it happens

He says he only wants to go to Ajax, who would be in no position to take on his £10m pa salary, so Spurs would need to pay off those 2 years (£20m) and get £8m to £20m back.

He's ( or his agent father) also got a history of receiving contract offers from Spurs, not signing them but using them to go round the market asking other clubs what wages they will pay.

Think we will offer a 2 or 3 year contract maximum.....and it wouldn't surprise me if negotiations go on until next summer

at that insane level how can you blame him. Take it and run I say... wont go down as a legend but RM's shocking treatment of him is mostly at fault.

I hope other young players look at him and his agent and realise more money and a transfer isn't always the answer... his agent has always looked for the financial rewards, not what is best for the player...

I believe in years Bale will look back and whilst happy at the financial rewards, will be disappointed with some of the decisions. Being an exceptional talent gives you choices... why didn't they look at the long game? "Gareth, what is it you want to thinking the day you retire? Lets make that happen"

How will he be disappointed? The guy has won 4 champions league trophy’s and scored the winning goal in two of the finals..I think he’ll be pretty chuffed with himself

Yea, well ofc no one could blame him for accepting.

But here we come back to the money issue on that level - I still stand by my opinion that if you are already making colossal amount of money (any penny over like 150k pw ~ 7.5 m per year), it does not have too big of an impact on your future financial life. If you are reasonable person (or can outsource financial planning to one) you will never have to work in your life anyway. But if you are Mike Tyson kind of knobhead, it does not matter. You can earn 10 times more (so 75 mil per year) and you will still waste it on idiotic bullshit. So I am not sure if taking this opportunity would add much to his life. He has the money (or he'll burn any other amount in future anyway), but has he achieved enough in terms of personal achievement to look back in the old days ?

I would just assume, that he could say come to Spurs for 150k per week for 2 years and after that still get lucrative deal in MLS/China.. but maybe there would be smth more to remember.

Most likely wishful thinking, but still ..

Latest from Marca - Betis are speeding up Operación Fekir, preparing the way for the sale of Lo Celso to Spurs. His family were in Seville at the weekend and the player is expected to come over in the next #48 hours. The agreement is done and dusted it seems, despite late interest from Napoli, who are now focusing on James
James who??!!

How will he be disappointed? The guy has won 4 champions league trophy’s and scored the winning goal in two of the finals..I think he’ll be pretty chuffed with himself

because he's never talked about in the mainstream as being a success like Ronaldo... I think if he went on to another top club and won the league and perhaps CL the narrative gainst him would shift. He's not going out on a high here, more being booted out the door... that has to smart somewhat

Back
Top Bottom