Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

James who??!!
Rodrígués, he's called simply James here (and in Colombia and in Bayern), pronounced Hammess, natch.

copa-america-declaraciones-james-rodriguez-colombia-chile-748529.jpg

He says he only wants to go to Ajax, who would be in no position to take on his £10m pa salary, so Spurs would need to pay off those 2 years (£20m) and get £8m to £20m back.

He's ( or his agent father) also got a history of receiving contract offers from Spurs, not signing them but using them to go round the market asking other clubs what wages they will pay.

Think we will offer a 2 or 3 year contract maximum.....and it wouldn't surprise me if negotiations go on until next summer

then he will never leave, or not until he's nearer 40 and they can afford him so pointless pimping him around... either he only wants to go to Ajax or he wants a big bumper pay day elsewhere... which is it?

because he's never talked about in the mainstream as being a success like Ronaldo... I think if he went on to another top club and won the league and perhaps CL the narrative gainst him would shift. He's not going out on a high here, more being booted out the door... that has to smart somewhat

I often think the sign of success as a player is how welcome you would be to the fans if you ever come back out onto the pitch for a half-time interview - Bale won't really be well received anywhere.

For an extreme version see also; Cuntball.

because he's never talked about in the mainstream as being a success like Ronaldo... I think if he went on to another top club and won the league and perhaps CL the narrative gainst him would shift. He's not going out on a high here, more being booted out the door... that has to smart somewhat

Nothing will ever change the fact that he has them 4 winners medals though. Madrid may try to tarnish him but bale knows himself he has been very successful with them. He won’t be dissatisfied in the slightest

then he will never leave, or not until he's nearer 40 and they can afford him so pointless pimping him around... either he only wants to go to Ajax or he wants a big bumper pay day elsewhere... which is it?

He will be 31 at the end of his Spurs contract.

So clubs will be reticent to pay big wages or transfer fees for him. So best deal will be to offer a 2 or 3 year contract (taking him to 33 or 34) and at the end of that maybe offer a one year old extension.

During those years he'll earn biggish wages- say £200k PW or £10m pa - but when he is found to be not up to playing at the top level and happy to wind down at Ajax he'll need to drop down the paydscales, let's say to £3m pa.

But if he tries to join Ajax when he's too old they may only accept him as a trainee coach on much lower wages.

Think his agent has not appreciated how age is a major factor in Toby's contract negotiations until this summer - and probably is still very surprised

Hercules said:
STRIKERS
I do not have any intel on Llorente 1 year proposal. But we do not want to spend good money on a ‘back-up’ (word I don’t like). Whilst Troy may not be ready, and the potential of the kid which we signed from Notts County. I am hearing that we are concerned about spending large in that department.

Tentative inquiries have taken place on experienced ‘back-ups’, but proving challenging, as quality experience have options. If a very good and attractive deal is there near the end of the window, we look at it.

This is my opinion now! All down to Llorente I would say.

Oh fuck off!

I think these ITKs are full of shit and we haven't even been back in for LO Celso since the last negotiations.

I do however hope we land him and Sess, I did say a backup striker as well but I honestly think we should let Troy have a go as a backup, won't do him any harm imo.

We desperately need a RB though, absolutely cannot finish this window without a new one because that area will be a huge weakness for us.
troy proved last night he is ready to be our back up striker! lets hope he is given the chance

His Social Media Manager doesn’t give a fuck if he leaves or not

Sure.

But the social media team is under the control of Eriksens agent orChristian.

His previous twerk was on 2 June to celebrate the CL final.

Which suggests the tweet I posted was either a genuine thank you or to convey some message ( if the media team had been briefed to say something,)

I'm taking it as a genuine tweet.And also that his constant smoked mean something.

Maybe I'm to optimistic ? But maybe I'm reading those signs well

troy proved last night he is ready to be our back up striker! lets hope he is given the chance

There are plenty of cup games for him to be tried in. Wouldn't be against Llorente, Kane and Troy. We also have Sonny and Lucas who can fill in at other times. It's making chances from midfield that's key for me...

If Troy is that good then another type of Llorente 2 year deal would be ace, it would suit the right type of player and Troy would know this was to ease the pressure on him and give him chance to progress at a steady rate. No shame in that for anyone.

An older boy, with a calm head and bags of experience can add lots to the team even when not playing.

Back
Top Bottom