Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale ..to China but different club ?

And this is the problem with mega money in football. Bale could be pulling up trees for another 3-4 seasons before having to look at China but greed on both the club and players part have priced him out of another decent transfer. I guess it depends what you're into football for? There must come a point when the financial side is sorted and it's about playing at the top level winning as many titles as possible. Maybe however he has plans post football and this is part of the journey

Yea, I agree with all that as well.

But even if they would be equally poised, this clause issue would disqualify Ceballos for me.

I mean DC has only ever played in super dominant club. While Lo Celso last season heroics were for far lesser teams. I mean there have been so many ppl who seemed decent enough for the big boys in Spain and then have turned out to be absolutely medicore or flops in EPL (Pedro, Denis Suarez, Delofeu, Kovacic, Morata). I checked the list from the start of 2014 and only better ones have been Fabregas (EPL proven) and duo of Gomes&Diagne (just one season up to now).

So yea, GLG all day long.

They paid 18m for ceballos, he played about 100 games for betis. I assume he played well for RM to buy him

Bit off topic but there are people who go on about top 4 being shit and say they been spurs fans all there life, well I’m 35 and I remember when being safe from relegation was a success, how times change
The year Klinsmann came back mid-season.
When we lost 4-0 at Villa at Christmas I was 100 percent sure we were down.
Now Champions League final isn’t good enough apparently.

Talking of burgers reminds me of a time i went to my shitty local team a number of years back. One solitary burger van with some old mare serving. I was hungry so i said give me a hamburger and a hotdog please. She went over to a fridge in the corner and put this sad looking burger under her arm. I said 'what are you fuckin doing??' She said 'I'm thawing out your hamburger', I said 'cancel my hotdog'........

Could have put it somewhere else?

:avbnaa:

I think these ITKs are full of shit and we haven't even been back in for LO Celso since the last negotiations.

I do however hope we land him and Sess, I did say a backup striker as well but I honestly think we should let Troy have a go as a backup, won't do him any harm imo.

We desperately need a RB though, absolutely cannot finish this window without a new one because that area will be a huge weakness for us.

I reckon Lo Celso will happen even if Eriksen signs a new deal. He's a player Poch wants, the squad needs and Betis need to sell if they want Fekir.

Eriksen could still leave next summer, making us more desperate to sign a replacement next year.

Back
Top Bottom