Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He earns €17 million a year with bonuses, its been common knowledge since he signed the contract, that's €327,000 a week after tax.

Information an any given player's salary is much easier to find out here than in England, perhaps because the contracts are held by La Liga, not by the clubs concerned

If we were to cover half of that... €160kpw (net) must equate to at least £260kpw (gross) over here.

I've been to Wales once in my life and it was gorgeous bright hot summer sunshine the entire couple days we were there. The locals insisted we weren't getting the authentic experience.

Quite right....when I came to live in Ireland last year the summer was beautiful and the pub locals said "enjoy it while you can Taffy...we get this weather once every ten years"....I shared a Guinness or two with some of them this afternoon as we basked outside the bar watching the farmers bringing in the hay and they couldn't stop laughing about it. They reckon I've another 20 years to go now before the sun reappears.

If we were to cover half of that... €160kpw (net) must equate to at least £260kpw (gross) over here.
That was my first guess this morning, I don't really know about UK tax tho.

To give you an example of how easy it is to find these things out it took me about 20 seconds to find out that Ángel Correa trousers €48,000 a week clear.

Just checked Ceballos in even less time, he pockets a measly €22,500

My favourite Irish story concerns the weather. Sitting in the bar last summer and it was absolutely roasting. Everyone sweating and mopping their brows. Old Dermot sitting in the corner bothering no one. The landlord picks up the paper and announces in a loud voice "They've given snow for Saturday morning"....everyone quietly smiled and then Dermot said "Well there's one thing, it won't last long with this weather !"
Only in Ireland folks.....priceless.

Last edited:
Dunno what goes on behind the scenes.... He's been decisive in 2 CL finals for Zidanne and still bags plenty of goals. Make of that what you will.
Strange. Must be personal. Last time I saw him play, he scored that amazing overhead goal. If you've got that kind of talent in your team, why would you not use it. Maybe Zidane is not that clever as a manager.

Bearing in mind it seems to take us 18 months to sign a player these days , I would be very nervous about selling rose and trippier with only a few weeks left of the window

Strange. Must be personal. Last time I saw him play, he scored that amazing overhead goal. If you've got that kind of talent in your team, why would you not use it. Maybe Zidane is not that clever as a manager.
That's him in a nutshell, does something brilliant then disappears. The U21 game vs Italy was a perfect example - unplayable for 30 minutes, scores a brilliant goal. Then invisible for an hour as Italy came back into it and eventually won

Never been to Europe so not sure what y’all think of us. Sorry for being uptight about it, should’ve realized you were joking as most here do 90% of the time. No hard feelings, continue.
We really do like you guys a lot. Friendly and fun to be around. Just can't understand the Trump factor. Probably like you don't understand Brexit. We're both in the shit.

Back
Top Bottom