Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If rose and trippier are both off, does that mean pochettino is thinking about carter-vickers and onomah taking their places? Surely not with the noises coming from shef wed and swansea but then again our homegrown quota wouldn't half take a beating with both those full backs moving on.

How about edwards? Roles? Shashoua? All too young to be qualify but still.

Buying lo celso, the onion or almo could prevent those last two getting a look in. But that's the problem, kind of catch twenty two. We'd need a ready to go player if eriksen leaves for example, so relying on young lads doesn't cement the cracks, or does it?

Winks and kane, maybe walker-peters (though not really). Having that balls deep training centre should cultivate more but like i said, catch twenty two. Players like these also requires fan patience which the modern game is some what lacking to be honest.

Microwave football i heard someone refer to the modern game as.

Skipp is another one. He's had a fair few minutes in the first team. A lot of talk about parrot too. Eyoma, tanganga, marsh, sterling. Hmmm...

Half the population of London have difficulty pronouncing the 3 letter word Ask and say Arks so....swings and roundabouts.

P.S. it was a joke.
Never been to Europe so not sure what y’all think of us. Sorry for being uptight about it, should’ve realized you were joking as most here do 90% of the time. No hard feelings, continue.

I think it's highly likely Aurier will also be sold and maybe KWP loaned. Dier, Foyth, Sissoko can all play RB but I expect we will buy a new RB.

If that was suggested at the start of last season I would have gone mad but we conceded too many goals last season and fans have turned on Tripps so I would be OK with just Verts this season. I hope Rose will stay, though.
So we play 1-5-4. I like it. That'll confuse the fuck out most teams.

Last edited:
Looking at my post I can in no way see any comment directly about his age but I believe neither he nor Sissoko would be considered a potential signing now in relation to the player profile Poch seems to be trying to bring in. It is younger players with a potential for him to develop over a period of time that are on the shopping list at the moment. So I agree that 30 years of age renders Bale as an unacceptable option under the current management I would in no way suggest he's ready for the knacker's yard, simply not what Spurs are presently trying to buy.

Having watched Federer at the weekend,aged 37, running around like a wild stag after over four hours of tennis I do not think Gareth is anywhere near putting out to pasture, simply not what Spurs need.

His service to the club was unquestionably loyal and the money that his sale brought in whilst squandered on a few 'no marks' definitely allowed the club to move forward and helped to build the foundations of where we are today. I'd like to look back on his time here with warm and happy memories rather than possibly regret spending £50m or whatever (plus wages) and watch him unable to recapture the glory days and have the fans walk home disappointed.

He is still an exceptional player and would grace many a team but his time with us is gone. As for Sissoko his performances recently have continued to impress me . Initially I had grave doubts about him (as I suspect did the majority of fans) but as I've said before on here I appreciate any player who genuinely gives his all and walks off the pitch exhausted. It is pointless being superbly talented but idle , give me somebody not particularly gifted but will sweat blood for 90 minutes every time instead. Suddenly he appears to be doing just that.

Those are the points I was trying to make my friend, my apologies if my initial post appeared 'ageist' ....at the age of 64 I have no right to point the finger at any footballer for being over the hill

Cheeky young whippersnapper

I’ve got a year on you!

I like our colonial cousins and love going on holiday to the USofA. Fabulous place.

But you have to AX questions of nation that feels the need to shorten 3 letter words to 2.
You must go to NYC a lot don't you? "Ax" is common there.

All of this is silly. For all the hand-wringing about Americans butchering English, you lot neither speak nor write exactly the way your ancestors did hundreds of years ago. Neither is the English language 100% consistent in England. Unless cockney is considered a foreign language rather than a dialect?

(PS -my response isn't directed at you, nor should you interpret my tone as argumentative, or agitated. It's all quite amusing actually. But unfortunately my emojis aren't working.)

Back
Top Bottom