Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You must go to NYC a lot don't you? "Ax" is common there.

All of this is silly. For all the hand-wringing about Americans butchering English, you lot neither speak nor write exactly the way your ancestors did hundreds of years ago. Neither is the English language 100% consistent in England. Unless cockney is considered a foreign language rather than a dialect?

(PS -my response isn't directed at you, nor should you interpret my tone as argumentative, or agitated. It's all quite amusing actually. But unfortunately my emojis aren't working.)

I'm tri-lingual, English, Cockney and bullshit.

Never been to Europe so not sure what y’all think of us. Sorry for being uptight about it, should’ve realized you were joking as most here do 90% of the time. No hard feelings, continue.

I like Americans in general, and think most Brits feel the same. The mainland however is a different story, not sure you have many fans over there

The spell-check in the text editor on here drives me fucking mental for this very reason...

Honour
Flavour
Candour
Valour

....Motherfuckers!!!!!!
The english language is consistently inconsistent. At least the american version of it.

One mouse. Two mice.
One house. Two hice houses.
One goose. Two geese.
One moose. Two meese, mooses, moose.

We could go on for days.

Supposedly the 300k figure quoted by media is vastly overstated. Perez himself has said that Bale's wages are much lower. Also, the wage figure never made sense, why would they award him with a 600k /week contract after one of Real's worst seasons where he was very average?
He earns €17 million a year with bonuses, its been common knowledge since he signed the contract, that's €327,000 a week after tax.

Information an any given player's salary is much easier to find out here than in England, perhaps because the contracts are held by La Liga, not by the clubs concerned

The english language is consistently inconsistent. At least the american version of it.

One mouse. Two mice.
One house. Two hice houses.
One goose. Two geese.
One moose. Two meese, mooses, moose.

We could go on for days.

I don't see why we don't just go back to grunting and pointing.

I used to work for an American company and my director came to live in Wales for two years. Always remember him saying just before he went back that he'd learnt a new expression...."If it's nice"...
He said he'd ask an employee what they were doing for the weekend and they always started the reply with "If it's nice...."
British weather answer he wasn't used to where he lived...... :thumbup:

Don't want Ceballos if he's looking to go back to Madrid and was never interested in him anyways. He's looked bang average and underwhelming every time I've seen him. Where would he even start?

I used to work for an American company and my director came to live in Wales for two years. Always remember him saying just before he went back that he'd learnt a new expression...."If it's nice"...
He said he'd ask an employee what they were doing for the weekend and they always started the reply with "If it's nice...."
British weather answer he wasn't used to where he lived......

I've been to Wales once in my life and it was gorgeous bright hot summer sunshine the entire couple days we were there. The locals insisted we weren't getting the authentic experience.

Back
Top Bottom