Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Uh oh.

Ndombele's odds to Spurs lengthening slighty.

Odds to go to PSG have improved.

Not by much. I think Lyon are hoping PSG show some interest. It's like if we're put in a position to have to sell a player, we want to wait and see if City get in on the bidding to push up the price. We did that with Berbatov I remember. City basically shill bid the price up so United paid over the odds. Lyon want PSG to do the same.

It seems like one that will rumble on unfortunately and possibly go until the last few days of the window.

I know it'll be a lot fucking less than whatever it is any club might want for their player(s).

(Usually until deadline day/night)

You don't know mate, you're guessing. That's the whole point. It's all very well punching people, but without the knowledge to back up the attack, it just comes across as being another stick to bash Levy / The club with.

Not by much. I think Lyon are hoping PSG show some interest. It's like if we're put in a position to have to sell a player, we want to wait and see if City get in on the bidding to push up the price. We did that with Berbatov I remember. City basically shill bid the price up so United paid over the odds. Lyon want PSG to do the same.

It seems like one that will rumble on unfortunately and possibly go until the last few days of the window.
Yup. This is straight out of Aulas (and Levy's and most chairmen's) playbook.

It's silly to think that any selling club, especially one selling a player that literally every top team has been interested in, will just sell to us as soon as we make a decent offer. They will want every transfer to become a saga that pushes up the fee.

This is going to be a crazy summer for transfers and everybody will be trying to extract maximum money for their assets, ourselves included. Everyone can see that most of the elite teams are rebuilding, Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, United, etc and they all want the same players. It will not be easy for us to do early deals for the top talents we are looking at, we just have to wait and see what happens, we don't have as much money as our rivals. We have no right to expect to sign highly coveted players like Ndombele just because we finished 4th and lost another final, but we have to do everything we can to get them. If that's not enough then so be it, we move on to the next name on the list.

Back
Top Bottom