Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After a whole year with no signings, some are remarkably optimistic.

I'd love the manager to get his 1st choices in early, but we've been here numerous times before. Twenty times bitten, a little shy.

Levy-time, Brinksmanship etc. etc.

If you think this window is going to he different, more power to you. Colour me sceptical.

TalkSPORT reckon they have the list Poch have Levy and Lo Celso is not on it. Just makes me even more confused that we are all being lead down the garden path by a load of fake news.

I’m worried now.. Poch and Levy give their list to Talksport first, after that they send it to the mirror and once they’ve read it, they send it to skyports.
Worrying times indeed.

If you start a negotiation at the asking price, there is no negotiation.
Fine as a one-off to get our man. But that would last all of about 3 days once word got out and prices would be shooting up through the roof.

Zero negotiation is not a serious way to conduct business. It just isn't. Heck, most clubs WANT to put up a fight. Just imagine if Levy sold Eriksen with a signature on the back of a paper napkin; without even a cursory attempt at being perceived to hold on to the player. We'd all be rioting, and rightfully so.

As always, I'll say that I do agree that Levy needs to lighten up a bit, but some people swing so hard to the opposite direction that they end up in La-La-Land themselves.

As always, I'll say that I do agree that Levy needs to lighten up a bit, but some people swing so hard to the opposite direction that they end up in La-La-Land themselves.

I think the Levy thing is definitely exaggerated, not least as it's an easy caricature and helps to support a 'narrative', so to speak.

I do have a gripe with him and that his inability to sell off our deadwood. He is so averse to taking a financial loss that he appears to put absurd prices on players that are nowhere near worth the quote value. He also drives an incredibly tough deal with our assets (no bad thing); good luck to anyone that wants Eriksen this summer.

But in terms of acquiring players, I think his approach is sensible. Frustrating for fans, sure, but only because we approach the subject with monopoly money rather than tangible financials. From what I can glean, he sweetens our offers with an above average initial injection of cash (with liquidity being no small thing) but ties in the remaining sums to performance related criteria (more so than usual). So if the player's a dud, we pay less.

What makes you say that?

If you really think these guys in the media don’t get leaked info then I feel sorry for you matey.

And yet you think that there is an actual 'list'. Poch and Levy sit down together, get the notebook out and jot down all the players they want.. Then they carelessly leave the list lying around for people to pass on to reliable sources in the media.. :dembelelol:

th

Back
Top Bottom