We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A positive thought for everyone:

Last season Liverpool finished on 75 points and were runners up in the champions league final. This season we finished on 71 points and runners up. They spent Ā£150m and look at the improvement. If we can do something similar then who knows where we might be next year...

Hopefully but they were lucky that they just added to the strong team they had. We are going to be selling a few of our big players whilst other areas also need strengthening. It's a rebuilding job for Poch

Also this summer they will further strengthen. They will be stronger and I wouldn't bet against them winning the PL CL double. The final is in Istanbul as well and we all know what happened there the last time the city hosted the final

I think if Poch manages to make the changes he wants and we again finish in the top 4 and have another decent run in the CL then it would have been a very good season

Just when you think the stupidity levels of a dozy cunt can't be raised on this forum, along comes thuder !!

šŸ™ƒ
Apparently having a different opinion which isnā€™t even controversial makes me a dozy cunt lol. Look at what the dippers did after selling Coutinho, sometimes a team evolves and to me Kane can help our evolution with big money.

You are incredibly soft and trying to start an issue over nothing. And no they shouldnā€™t be tolerated, being a nonce is a choice you donā€™t choose your skin colour or orientation.

Missing the point entirely...... Surprise, surprise. :adethumbup:

Absolute moron.

Like Liverpool?

......Like we already have in the form of Son, Lucas & Dele (and to a lesser extent Eriksen & Lamela)....

We should sell HK even though many claim he could play as a #10 and has won back-to back holden boots in a flexible rotating front 4.

The boy Thuder hasn't really thought this through

Last edited:
Usually that's what everyone wants, an early goal so that one team has to come out and take risks. The whole game then opens up. Unfortunately we just plodded along like it was still 0-0

Only plays out the way you suggest if it's against a team pre-disposed to park the bus to begin with.... (i.e. WBA or similar).

The early goal gifted Pool the opportunity to sit in, defend and take no risks.

Having a different opinion makes you a cock apparently. This team has evolved past the Kane style of play, I still stand by what I said he should be sold for 150-200m and we reinvest in 3 top class players

It's the proper disgusting insults in referring too...you know the one. Cunt.

......Like we already have in the form of Son, Lucas & Dele (and to a lesser extent Eriksen & Lamela)....

We should sell HK even though many claim he could play as a #10 and has won back-to back holden boots in a flexible rotating front 4.

The boy Thuder hasn't really thought this through
If we sell Kane we can buy high quality first team players which puts our current weaker starters under pressure or puts them on the bench which creates a STRONG SQUAD. You need a strong squad to win things. I actually thought it through more than you.

Piss off you soft twat. Iā€™ll post where I like do I give a shit that some miserable old bitter wankers donā€™t like me? No. I already said itā€™s just an insult Iā€™m not saying he is seriously a nonce.
You're young - you'll learn.

In the meantime, just take a small step backand try to understand how you've offended people. You clearly get angry when someone abuses you, but you're quite happy to fling the vilest abuse at someone else. Can't be right, can it?

Only plays out the way you suggest if it's against a team pre-disposed to park the bus to begin with.... (i.e. WBA or similar).

The early goal giifted Pool the opportunity to sit in, defend and take no risks.

Good point but we still lacked any urgency and creativity to try and break them down. It's the CL final and we played like it was a two legged game. Too complacent and patient.

Il throw it out there. I feel that a lot of the time we play in 3rd gear. Very patient, consistent and careful. It works for us up to a point. I've noticed that the very top teams play in 4th gear and have the ability to get into 5th when needs be. A few years ago we had a 4th gear we slipped into, but it's not there anymore

Poch needs a new, faster and slightly more expensive car :pochlol:

Liverpool last year finished 4th and lost in CL final. Liverpool sold their "best" player Coutinho, just like we're gonna sell Eriksen. The most important thing is to buy smart. Great times ahead of us.

If we sell Kane we can buy high quality first team players which puts our current weaker starters under pressure or puts them on the bench which creates a STRONG SQUAD. You need a strong squad to win things. I actually thought it through more than you.

Evidently you think our other attacking players lack quality to begin with. I don't.

All have proven capable of a 20+ goal season.

You're hankering for a system we can and indeed already do play on occasions.

I suggest you didn't think hard ENOUGH.

Good point but we still lacked any urgency and creativity to try and break them down. It's the CL final and we played like it was a two legged game. Too complacent and patient.

That's a completely different observation now you've re-framed it.

Against a parked bus, patience and faith in your ability to create an opening with skill and guile is all you have sadly. If we'd have gone route one for the entire 2nd half there'd have been riots on here + with 2 defensive lines tacking few chances it becomes bread and butter for defenders.

Don't see how complacency even comes into it.

The reason why I suggested selling Kane for big money is because I think the style of this team has evolved past having Kane and instead we would be so much better with 3 top top class fluid forwards.
Very risky, and to get the quality needed to play with 3 up top would mean selling the equivalent of at least 2 Kanes, which we donā€™t have.....

I hate to admit it but think you're (not your) right.
The difference being they were in our position last year (re CL) and improved their team. Last year they knew they were lucky(and against City thuggish fans helped). This year they had a improved team and when they were playing us expected to win. Also the pressure was on them. Lose and they are the ultimate bottlers, Klopp is the serial failure etc. For us it was a free hit and a bonus. No-one outside Spurs expected a win so we were not under pressure. Next year though itā€™s different. We are now up there to be hut and aimed at. If we stand still then itā€™s ā€œsame old Spursā€ if we move forward then people are going to have a go. Bring it on Insay

Back
Top Bottom