We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus Christmas can you people stop acting like I am seriously accusing him of being a pedo, it’s just an insult like someone calling you a nonce in a non serious way

Why say it then?

If you don’t agree with someone fine

But paedophilia??

Just delete your account

You’re not wanted on here

If I was UEFA I'd be very fucked off at the ref for making such a dubious call and giving that penalty after less than thirty seconds. Nothing sucks the drama out of a game like gifting a team a goal right at the start, and it really ruined their massive marquee event.

Never posted here before but sat waiting in Madrid airport for my plane for what feels like an eternity so seemed like a good time to break my duck...

Heartbreaking last night. We were unquestionably the better team but they took the chances they had and that’s the difference. Had we taken ours, who’s to say they couldn’t have stepped up a gear or two.

Winks our best player first half, not sure why he took him off ahead of Dele who - yet again - went missing. Pains me to say it but I really do think he’s horribly overrated. Who knows what would have happened had Moura started, hindsight’s a lovely thing but it may have made no difference. I would have been fuming if I was him tho!!

A positive thought for everyone:

Last season Liverpool finished on 75 points and were runners up in the champions league final. This season we finished on 71 points and runners up. They spent £150m and look at the improvement. If we can do something similar then who knows where we might be next year...
We will still be top four mate and certainly no repeat of a CL final next or any other year.

Why say it then?

If you don’t agree with someone fine

But paedophilia??

Just delete your account

You’re not wanted on here
Piss off you soft twat. I’ll post where I like do I give a shit that some miserable old bitter wankers don’t like me? No. I already said it’s just an insult I’m not saying he is seriously a nonce.

We will still be top four mate and certainly no repeat of a CL final next or any other year.

......Why not, ya big melt?

What was so exclusive to this year?

Afterall, weren't we declared fucked in August by the likes of yourself cos #no signings?

:pochunimpressed:

#LoserMentality.

Well you have just been reported to the Police for underage online grooming... just 'cos I wasn't sure if you were a nonce or not...
But it's all in a non serious way of course....

I'm sure the Police will see the funny side!! 'cos it's all 'non-serious'... they like all that to take up their time!

#don'tmesswithMrsP!
...there are a lot of us about!
Ironic because of my profession. Get a life, like you’ve never head anyone call someone a nonce as an insult.

Says the guy called Joe clash, sounds like a 40 year old man trying to act coo

Having a different opinion makes you a cock apparently. This team has evolved past the Kane style of play, I still stand by what I said he should be sold for 150-200m and we reinvest in 3 top class players
Grammer instead of grammar now somebody acting coo? We’ve got em all on tonight

If I was UEFA I'd be very fucked off at the ref for making such a dubious call and giving that penalty after less than thirty seconds. Nothing sucks the drama out of a game like gifting a team a goal right at the start, and it really ruined their massive marquee event.

Usually that's what everyone wants, an early goal so that one team has to come out and take risks. The whole game then opens up. Unfortunately we just plodded along like it was still 0-0

Well that's fine then... 'cos I just heard from the Police Anti-Nonce hotline, that you're a dirty kiddy fiddling nonce who rapes babies.... how's that for a laugh?

Only joking... it's all BANTS innit...?

'Imagine taking a insult as serious??'
literally EVERYONE calls eachother nonces... NONCE!
Call me what you like on an internet forum I’m not a soft twat to cry about it

Is someone really suggesting selling Kane????

I’m not against selling to buy if that’s what it takes to tweak this team, but doing a Bale with Kane is mental......we build around Kane!!

I don’t know how much £££ Levy is prepared to spend on transfers, but surly we have £100m (which isn't a lot in todays football world)
Toby, we can be certain is going, and we know £25m will be the fee....
Eriksen would be my sacrificial lamb here, £75m could be a realistic ball park?
And I’d expect a right back to follow, £20m there abouts.......as for the rest of the move ons it’s hard to say how easy it will be to shift them and how much they could bring in, but investment in the region of £200m and we might just challenge the top 2.....

Even with £200m (if that math is even close) we would still need to be smart, and lucky 🍀

I’m going to start with Bale, he is done at Real, and if rumours are true of a 10m per season loan deal then it is an absolute no brainer to sign him up, worth every penny to take that gamble in my opinion.

Right back seems likely and the guy at Palace fits that criteria, but that’s going to be 40m minimum, but worth it long term, I’d keep Tripp’s and flog Serge, I thinks Tripp’s has still something to offer......

De Byrune type midfielder is a must, easier said than done of course, but 100m opens up a few doors, who then? Haven’t a clue, but I’m not getting paid 7m a year so I’m not going to even try working that one out!!

I think we have to stick with Jan + Sanchez or Foyth, unless a really good CH can be found lower down the league or from Ajax🤪 at the right money.......

Out and out striker has to be looked at too, I know when Kane isn’t available we have “coped”, but it means readjustment, and when he comes back we then need to readjust all over again. So if we play to Kane’s strengths, we still have to play to Kanes strengths when he’s not available, like for like is the only way, Llorente isn’t that guy!!
The reason why I suggested selling Kane for big money is because I think the style of this team has evolved past having Kane and instead we would be so much better with 3 top top class fluid forwards.

Last edited:
Piss off you soft twat. I’ll post where I like do I give a shit that some miserable old bitter wankers don’t like me? No. I already said it’s just an insult I’m not saying he is seriously a nonce.

Cool, so should we tollerate racial and homophobic slurrs too on the basis that they're 'only' meant as an insult?

Absolute state of you and your logic.

The reason why I suggested selling Kane for nig money is because I think the style of this team has evolved past having Kane and instead we would be so much better with 3 top top class fluid forwards.

I did float the idea of converting Harry into a slightly deeper freer role, like Firminho has at Liverpool. Just need to work on it in training

Reflections on last nights game - Jordan Henderson now has a Champions League winner medal...Jose Mourinho commenting on Liverpool being pragmatic but winning the game which wasn't an entertaining spectacle, in an unusual - for them - way. Because of course he sent all his teams out over the years to play swashbuckling and sparkling attacking football...both surreal.

It's been a strange day. I woke up really early, and last night's result was the first thing I thought of. Tomorrow will be easier. I think.

This club is on a journey. We're not at our destination yet so as much as it hurts today, we have to try and enjoy the ride. The ups and the downs.

I'm not going to dig out any players today. We all have our views on who performed on the night, and who didn't.

The most important thing now is Levy backs Poch in the transfer market. We know we'll probably lose a few players along the way. But in Poch weTrust.

Looking forward to the summer break. hopefully not too many "we could have signed this player" headlines come August.

Cool, so should we tollerate racial and homophobic slurrs too on the basis that they're 'only' meant as an insult?

Absolute state of you and your logic.
You are incredibly soft and trying to start an issue over nothing. And no they shouldn’t be tolerated, being a nonce is a choice you don’t choose your skin colour or orientation.

Back
Top Bottom