We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

winning is all that counts nothing else
That is one of the most vacuous comments I’ve ever read on on here, and that’s saying something. If you seriously believe that you should lie down for a week and think about it. What have you ever won Nigel? What glittering prizes can you point to on your sideboard? I’d hazard a guess at none - that’s why you rely on others to do it for you.

I’m reluctant to go down the ‘fuck off and support someone else’ road, but there is a certain Manchester club (they play in light blue and white) who are in desperate need of supporters. Why not get in touch? It would, at first glance, appear to be a marriage made in heaven.

Good luck. (I saw you standing alone) just pick it up as you go along. Cheers.

A quick check of your post history reveals you think we should sell Harry Kane, plus a hell of a lot of negativity about the club in general - so, especially as you have a pretty low post count of mostly negative shit, I'd shut the fuck up you little cunt if I were you, as your status as a genuine Spurs fan is pretty dubious.
Felt bad about Kane. Obviously match rusty. Would have been interesting to see Lucas on with him. Then make a change if necessary

Ref can't see everything. Mistakes happen. so I would want to know why VAR agreed with the ref after seeing replays. They are the ones to blame

The referee was either instructed or his internal bias was to give the 50/50 decisions to the dippers - that's how his performance made me feel at least. Scandalous UEFA probably didn't want to overrule the refs authority 30 secs after kickoff. Absolutely pathetic

Let me explain it to you...

I would never ask the referee to apologise for a 'clear handball'. But it wasn't a clear handball. It wasn't even handball. The ball hit his chest, then rebounded onto his arm. In the laws of the game that's not handball. Look at the replays. It's clear. Why on earth are you arguing the point, unless maybe you haven't seen it yet?

So, (and I'm not asking you this time), has the referee admitted his mistake yet?
I didn't think it was handball but the new rules state that it doesn't have to be deliberate, only that if the arm is in an unnatural position.

They take into account how close a player is, unnatural position, if the arm moves etc, it no longer has to be deliberate.
According to these rules it was handball due to unnatural position and movement.
Why these rules only apply to a defender and not an attacker is another question.

I'm not sure if these new rules are in place now or start from next season but the refs are definitely applying them now. Which obvs they shouldn't.

let's applause Spurs team for a good season ...who expected Spurs to play the final of Champions League in the summer 2018 when the season started ??? no one ... for me was a good season ,overall

a big positive for me is the perception of this club has rocketed. Any player would want to join us if the fee is right.
When you look at the ground, the facilities, the fan base, the fact that we made a CL final then it’s impossible to notice that we are anything but a massive prospect.
We were already climbing through the ranks but this will put us right there.

Just need the board to notice this fact and use this opportunity to step it up a notch.

Great times ahead..

That is one of the most vacuous comments I’ve ever read on on here, and that’s saying something. If you seriously believe that you should lie down for a week and think about it. What have you ever won Nigel? What glittering prizes can you point to on your sideboard? I’d hazard a guess at none - that’s why you rely on others to do it for you.

I’m reluctant to go down the ‘fuck off and support someone else’ road, but there is a certain Manchester club (they play in light blue and white) who are in desperate need of supporters. Why not get in touch? It would, at first glance, appear to be a marriage made in heaven.

Good luck. (I saw you standing alone) just pick it up as you go along. Cheers.
Wow really..you know what I have won...pathetic comment...sport is about winning or do u like looking or your just used to it now as you were not around when we used to win.....me thinks

On around the 90th minute Spurs actually became an irrelevance to me as it sunk in Liverpool had just won the European cup

I then sent numerous texts to friends and family back in England sending condolences as the mass media and every TV channel will be stuffed full of programming such as “Klopp - My Dream” and “Firminho’s Odyssey” for a minimum of five years

May god have mercy on your eyes and ears

Back
Top Bottom