We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would he apologise for a clear handball? You can't just do a Statue of Liberty impression in your own penalty area and expect to get away with the ball touching your arm. It was such an obvious penalty it's blowing my mind that anybody could argue otherwise.

Sissoko compltely failed to use his brain, not a single other player in our team would ever have put up their hand like that when a cross is coming inside the box. Most of them put their hands behind their backs they are so worried about penalties.
Let me explain it to you...

I would never ask the referee to apologise for a 'clear handball'. But it wasn't a clear handball. It wasn't even handball. The ball hit his chest, then rebounded onto his arm. In the laws of the game that's not handball. Look at the replays. It's clear. Why on earth are you arguing the point, unless maybe you haven't seen it yet?

So, (and I'm not asking you this time), has the referee admitted his mistake yet?

No - VAR can only overturn a clear and obvious error (or an omission) - the penalty was a judgement call so given / not given if VAR is applied correctly it would not have overturned the referees decision.

The more relevant question is before VAR would any ref have given that as a penalty, and that answer is probably no ....

As a coach you will now be telling your wide players and strikers to lift the ball at defenders arms, under these new rules hit the players arm and unless it's glued down to his sides you're getting a penalty ... more goals, more controversy, great for the TV companies ... but is it proper football?

No it isn’t proper football as we know it

It’s farcical and that one decision in the first 20seconds affected the whole game

Ossie reading some of the comments on here...
D8C3RM4XoAAR8iM.jpg:large

We did dominate possession but there was such a lack of intensity. One thing I pray will change next season is our obsession with passing it back to hugo all the time. The football has been poor for most of the season and very laboured lacking any spark. We need to get back to playing forwards at tempo and the high press.
I'd like the personnel and ability to do both.

I don't think it's fair to suggest a lack of effort. Liverpool were blessed with the opportunity to defend with the back 7 of their 433. Then consider their defensive record this season. We simply needed to be better in attack. No spurs, by their own standards, could boast quality attacking end product tonight.

Genuine question:

....Beyond the fans (I'd like to think most of us 'believe' to whatever extent) how do you propose instilling a winner's mentality into the team? I'm sure there's plenty of rowdy chest-beating that goes on in the dressing room already.

.....It's a quandary why so many clubs dry up in certain situations (see England - This isn't a Spurs-exclusive phenomena) and whilst 'Winners mentality' represents an entirely plausible concept, it's less tangible than it sounds when you consider the pitfalls of balancing arrogance, complacency + the unavoidable fact that collectively we haven't actually been 'winners' yet.

I'd advocate giving sports psychology a whirl if we're not already tapped into that kind of thing, but i have no brighter ideas.
Regarding the winning mentality. I fully believe a win in something little, like the league cup, would give players a different mindset. Remember there are lots of players who have won things in the group, the problem is, as a group they have won nothing

As I said last night, we have on three recent occasions lost when in good positions to win things. Last night we lost to a team who offered very little. That's what hurts the most for me

You’re an overly sensitive Brit who hates America due to a few personal inadequacies. I get it. But how am I to blame exactly ?

Because you come on here spouting shite about a game you clearly know very little about

I said it during the game and that’s not me being sensitive

Don't care anymore....fuck football I'm done...........unless you are owned by a gulf state or bored billionaire you cannot and will not win...end of...football is pointless for us..

Good we’ll never see you on this Forum again in that case

Now fuck off you melting cunt

God damn that was the worst reffing decision I have ever seen in my life. Regardless of whatever academic interpretation of the rules you subscribe to, the ball clearly hit his chest first and then ricocheted up onto his arm. Never deliberate in a million years. Totally fucking wrecked the game. It's absolutely shocking that this POS ref awarded such an epic call in a match of this magnitude. He ruined the goddamn game in one stroke. Didn't even bother to use VAR.

It was utterly shameful and absolutely horrible that we have to endure it forever now. Worst fucking call I have ever seen.

And oh yeah, the ref missed at least 10 fouls on pool in the first half, and failed to give at least two yellow cards in the second. Total abject failure that reduced the greatest match in the game to a complete joke.

Why would he apologise for a clear handball? You can't just do a Statue of Liberty impression in your own penalty area and expect to get away with the ball touching your arm. It was such an obvious penalty it's blowing my mind that anybody could argue otherwise.

Sissoko compltely failed to use his brain, not a single other player in our team would ever have put up their hand like that when a cross is coming inside the box. Most of them put their hands behind their backs they are so worried about penalties.

Now your talking from the rule book. It's hit him shoulder, bit of the arm bit of the chest. That is a fucking harsh as a handball can get. Look how close mane is, sissoko cannot get out of the way. And how much intent is there. Why is his arm up I dunno. Pointing at his defenders to cover a run. That should be irrelevant. It was not a blatant handball. Nowhere near. Fact it's practically on his shoulder/chest, and hit from so close should matter to VAR. It killed any kind of hope we had.

God damn that was the worst reffing decision I have ever seen in my life. Regardless of whatever academic interpretation of the rules you subscribe to, the ball clearly hit his chest first and then ricocheted up onto his arm. Never deliberate in a million years. Totally fucking wrecked the game. It's absolutely shocking that this POS ref awarded such an epic call in a match of this magnitude. He ruined the goddamn game in one stroke. Didn't even bother to use VAR.

It was utterly shameful and absolutely horrible that we have to endure it forever now. Worst fucking call I have ever seen.

And oh yeah, the ref missed at least 10 fouls on pool in the first half, and failed to give at least two yellow cards in the second. Total abject failure that reduced the greatest match in the game to a complete joke.

Don't think he has to ask VAR. They would indicate if it was needed or tell him he's wrong or to review on screens. They apparently agreed with the ref. Agree. A scandalous decision. Everyone keeps saying well his arm is up. So what. Doesn't mean he meant it. Fucks sake where is the common sense. Handball is a deliberate act. It's fired in from a couple of yards out.

Let me explain it to you...

I would never ask the referee to apologise for a 'clear handball'. But it wasn't a clear handball. It wasn't even handball. The ball hit his chest, then rebounded onto his arm. In the laws of the game that's not handball. Look at the replays. It's clear. Why on earth are you arguing the point, unless maybe you haven't seen it yet?

So, (and I'm not asking you this time), has the referee admitted his mistake yet?

Ref can't see everything. Mistakes happen. so I would want to know why VAR agreed with the ref after seeing replays. They are the ones to blame

The only funny thing to come out of yesterday is West Ham fans claiming us losing a CL final is some kind of victory for them and are some form of laughing stock..
The same West Ham that spent 100m to “overtake us” only to finish miles behind AGAIN.. the same West Ham that spent 100m t be knocked out of the FA cup by Wimbledon and the league cup by our reserves.
The same West Ham that dabbled in European football on three occasions in the last 12 years and not able to reach the group stages due to defeats by the mighty Palermo and Astra fucking Goo Goo TWICE.
The same West Ham that hasn’t won a trophy for 39 years and only 4 in their sad existence..

Thank god they still exist as they will always make a glum day a cheerful one..
True but as a club we always deliver a nugget of comfort to west ham but not delivering ourselves it will never change but the good news is they won't ever be a threat to us.

I said we should sell Kane for £150m+ and re invest ito the squad and I still stand by that you kiddy fiddling cunt. Funny how you have to attack my post history just because I made you feel stupid about your VAR statement. Grow up you twat, the last thing I want is this place becoming a bitter embarrassing cringe fest like certain other forums.

If the last thing you want is this place becoming ‘a bitter embarrassment ‘ why did you accuse a fellow poster of ‘kiddy fiddling’ while arguing about a football match???

You’re scum and a card issued

Now fuck off from this Forum and close the door on the way out

Back
Top Bottom