New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This a tad bland
6jqILtE.jpg

WBA issued a tribute kit in honour of Jeff somebody? In 2015 works for some traditional kits not others!

So my £15 ebay-must-be-fake Teal shirt arrived today. Its actually pretty good! I've not taken a close look at a real one but without a comparison I couldn't say this was fake. cockerel and swoosh are embroidered, fabric feels soft and smooth, AIA and KANE 10 on the back are transfers. it even came with shorts and socks which i hadn't expected....I could go full-kit-40+-year-old-nerd! It'll likely fall apart in 3 washes but so long as it makes it to June 1st....and hopefully I can wear it with pride all summer long, then I'm happy

So my £15 ebay-must-be-fake Teal shirt arrived today. Its actually pretty good! I've not taken a close look at a real one but without a comparison I couldn't say this was fake. cockerel and swoosh are embroidered
No need to go any further. That confirms it’s fake. The real thing has transfers that glow in the dark, no embroidery or anything stitched on

So my £15 ebay-must-be-fake Teal shirt arrived today. Its actually pretty good! I've not taken a close look at a real one but without a comparison I couldn't say this was fake. cockerel and swoosh are embroidered, fabric feels soft and smooth, AIA and KANE 10 on the back are transfers. it even came with shorts and socks which i hadn't expected....I could go full-kit-40+-year-old-nerd! It'll likely fall apart in 3 washes but so long as it makes it to June 1st....and hopefully I can wear it with pride all summer long, then I'm happy
Embroidered cockerel? To me that would be genuine but general opinion on here it’s fake and the transfer cockerel is real which is strange cos it would I’d imagine make it cheap looking and your one better! But who ever has done the fakes had assumed Nike would do embroidered logos as per usual.

At £15 it must be fake but it's all done with lots of detail. The patterns woven into the fabric are there, like the lines that run over the shoulders.

When I've bought very cheap kits off AliBaba in the past they weren't fake. I got one of those £90 England shirts for about a tenner.

Basically what happens is either the shirts are second stock and have a slight but essentially unnoticeable fault, or they will have been made during an unofficial shift in the same factory the legit kit is made. They don't tell Nike they're running this extra shift and sell all the excess stock themselves.

It probably isn't the case for all bargain shirts, but in my experience they have been the proper stuff with all the correct tags and whatnot.

When I've bought very cheap kits off AliBaba in the past they weren't fake. I got one of those £90 England shirts for about a tenner.

Basically what happens is either the shirts are second stock and have a slight but essentially unnoticeable fault, or they will have been made during an unofficial shift in the same factory the legit kit is made. They don't tell Nike they're running this extra shift and sell all the excess stock themselves.

It probably isn't the case for all bargain shirts, but in my experience they have been the proper stuff with all the correct tags and whatnot.
Yeah, I bought a Bayern shirt years ago off one of those sites. There were a few things on it I was dubious about, but then I saw it in a shop and the things I thought maybe were red flags were exactly the same on the genuine shirt.

It could just be that they're very good fakes, but seconds/extras made in the same factory is possible in some cases.

Think the website I sourced it from was the precursor to what is now Soccer Lord, who have the third kit in stock, by the way. Obviously I can't vouch for how genuine/good quality it'll be, but I'm gonna order it in a small and compare it to the medium I already have

[edit] Read some shitty reviews of their recent service so probably gonna give them a miss

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom