Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well if he did I dont see how someone can possibly say “we have it good, stop making yourself a victim”

That is not good.
I tend to agree with you actually. Would have been better to hold fire for 3 weeks rather than provoke a shit storm now. Maybe he's being urged into going public by a few of our top players like Kane who share his sentiments. I think Poch and the boys share a fantastic relationship so it's possible

I tend to agree with you actually. Would have been better to hold fire for 3 weeks rather than provoke a shit storm now. Maybe he's being urged into going public by a few of our top players like Kane who share his sentiments. I think Poch and the boys share a fantastic relationship so it's possible

One thing I do agree with in is that now is the time to shape our future and define this club.

The result of the final is not the key here, the corner has been turned.
Players must consider us an option....players that wouldn’t had we lost to City or Ajax.

Poch holds the cards, but needs to play his hand at the right time.

One thing I do agree with in is that now is the time to shape our future and define this club.

The result of the final is not the key here, the corner has been turned.
Players must consider us an option....players that wouldn’t had we lost to City or Ajax.

Poch holds the cards, but needs to play his hand at the right time.

You know I have never been a transfer merchant but whatever happened this season now the stadium open I always thought THIS was the summer of genuine investment and time for the next incarnation of Poch’s spurs, we have to tighten up the squad

It means that blind faith and agreeing with absolutely everything someone says or does is quite catastrophic.

Learn to to be objective. It doesn’t mean you like Poch any less if you feel that right now you’d prefer some happier headlines than the ones he just fed the media
Why do you let it affect you so much? Seriously, you’ve wound yourself up in knots. This is just Poch being Poch. This has no parity with Redknapp actively pushing for a move mid season in the thick of a title and CL campaign.

It’s also nothing new really. He didn’t run to our defence when the Madrid rumours started, just stated anything in football is possible. Low and behold, with no budget, he was still here when the dust settled.

And I don’t disagree with a word he said. If we think we can reach another CL final the way we have this year, it would be naive. None of us expected to be here now.

Who cares Sammy? You’re like an Italian housewife who just wants to argue all the time. Chill out, enjoy tomorrow and then get ready for our biggest game in the history of the club.

Don’t sweat the small stuff.

What shit-storm? JT on a forum with his unique brand off insane conspiracy theories? The usual crew of anti-Spurs journalists? Just where is this shit-storm you speak off? ... Nobody else is seeing anything other than a manager talking about wanting to take his club to the next level ... isn't that something surely all of us can get behind?

You know I have never been a transfer merchant but whatever happened this season now the stadium open I always thought THIS was the summer of genuine investment and time for the next incarnation of Poch’s spurs, we have to tighten up the squad
Yes. And yet if it's obvious that this is the moment for player investment and a 'new plan' and it's true that Levy and Poch are close and Levy and Lewis are on the same page, why on earth did Poch say what he said? There must be a reason. It is too big a statement in too public a moment to be insignificant.

Why do you let it affect you so much? Seriously, you’ve wound yourself up in knots. This is just Poch being Poch. This has no parity with Redknapp actively pushing for a move mid season in the thick of a title and CL campaign.

It’s also nothing new really. He didn’t run to our defence when the Madrid rumours started, just stated anything in football is possible. Low and behold, with no budget, he was still here when the dust settled.

And I don’t disagree with a word he said. If we think we can reach another CL final the way we have this year, it would be naive. None of us expected to be here now.

Who cares Sammy? You’re like an Italian housewife who just wants to argue all the time. Chill out, enjoy tomorrow and then get ready for our biggest game in the history of the club.

Don’t sweat the small stuff.
It’s a forum.

Shall I say “ why do you care that I care”
We are here to discuss....we are discussing Pochs comments.

Your post is ironic, because you haven’t pulled up the two people that told me to fuck off for having a different opinion.
Want to argue? Or simply don’t hide my opinion to make others happy?

If you want a circle jerk, maybe join COYS

I think if we are honest and Poch should know this, there will be money this summer anything between £50m to £100m. Poch won't expect and won't get anything like city or manu budget.
I doubt if Levy gave Poch false promises.
The five plan is over, see what's on offer, negotiate and don't go public yet.

What shit-storm? JT on a forum with his unique brand off insane conspiracy theories? The usual crew of anti-Spurs journalists? Just where is this shit-storm you speak off? ... Nobody else is seeing anything other than a manager talking about wanting to take his club to the next level ... isn't that something surely all of us can get behind?
So, I'm the only one who sees this for what it actually is. A plea by an exhausted Poch for Levy give him the backing he needs to regularly compete in the top 4 and challenge for major titles. Just me..
The whole of the written press and countless others on here and accross social media have got it all wrong and you're right?

Come on man. Quit the fucking pretence and just accept it for what it is.

Poch has worked a fucking miracle on a shoestring and is making it patently clear that without proper backing and a complete change in approach from the board he'll be seriously cosidering his position after the final.

It's not anti-spurs or any conspiracy theory its just getting the shit out your eyes and seeing it for what it is.

I think if we are honest and Poch should know this, there will be money this summer anything between £50m to £100m. Poch won't expect and won't get anything like city or manu budget.
I doubt if Levy gave Poch false promises.
The five plan is over, see what's on offer, negotiate and don't go public yet.
If he only going to get 50 million, no wonder he's speaking out now.

Misinterpreted or not, he has every right to speak out after that shitty no-signings summer last year and bringing us to the UCL final.

I don’t think he’ll leave but Levy really needs to start pleasing him in every way possible. Even if we lose the final, give him a massive transferkitty and a new bumper contract with a massive pay rise.

We’re not getting anyone better than Poch if he leaves.

So, I'm the only one who sees this for what it actually is. A plea by an exhausted Poch for Levy give him the backing he needs to regularly compete in the top 4 and challenge for major titles. Just me..
The whole of the written press and countless others on here and accross social media have got it all wrong and you're right?

Come on man. Quit the fucking pretence and just accept it for what it is.

Poch has worked a fucking miracle on a shoestring and is making it patently clear that without proper backing and a complete change in approach from the board he'll be seriously cosidering his position after the final.

It's not anti-spurs or any conspiracy theory its just getting the shit out your eyes and seeing it for what it is.

What "whole of the written press" which "countless others on here" who cares about "opposing fans on social media" where do you get all this from? ... Put up a few polls, see who thinks Levy has done nothing for our club ... see who thinks Poch is leaving ... if you get massive support they I will make you right ... until then you're just pissing in the wind.

Poch will consider his position if he's not backed, as will every manager in the EPL, some revelation there ... what you fail to accept is Levy did back Poch last year, it was Poch who didn't find what he wanted. This summer I am 100% confident Levy will back Poch again we will see. I'm not going to call him a 'tight fisted cunt' before I see what happens, especially after he's just spent a billion on our new ground ...

Here's a question for you - and give it some thought before running your mouth ...

If we had let three or four players leave, singed three or four new players, would the squad have been better? would the team spirit that dragged us across the line at City and Ajax have been better? would indeed Llorente and Lucas even have still been at the club?

Of course there is no right 'answer' to that question it's pure guesswork, personally I believe that keeping the squad together proved to be a masterstroke and is the only reason that our squad operating on 60% of the budget of those around it is top four and going to Madrid ... interested to hear what you think?

FYI - The Daily Fail will soon be doing a piece on Poch going to Juve on 17m a year ... are you going to believe that one as well?

It’s taking the heat off the players isn’t it..........
I know Guillem Balague has touched upon the whole coaching staff having a wicked sense of humour. And not knowing when they are being serious or joking.

Personally think he’s just fucking with journos because he can.

If he starts banging on about cows and trains again would be superb.
I agree with this. When Mourinho was in his pomp at Chavski, it was always about him, never about the players. The players had no pressure (or least it was minimised) as Mourinho took it all.

I think Poch is doing something very similiar.

It's pretty clear what Poch wants, anybody who thinks he will be happy with mediocrity is delusional, he wants us to match City and Liverpool in ambition, that's pretty clear from these quotes, he is ambitious, he also wants the expectation to match the reality, basically he is telling Levy, don't expect me to keep working miracles.

"I am open to everything," Pochettino said, when asked about his future.

"What I am not open to is starting a new chapter with no plan, with no clear idea, with not being transparent and being able to tell our fans what is our objective, to stop talking about perception, talk about reality - because if not, it is going to be difficult."

"We need to be transparent and say: 'This is what we want for the next year, or the next five or 10 years"

"It would be very naive to think we can continue to operate as we have done and that it will get us to the Champions League final and the top four every season when we're competing against projects like Liverpool or the Manchester clubs.

"If we are to expect the same from us as from Liverpool, the Manchester clubs and Chelsea, give me different tools to work with.

If not and I see people (other managers and clubs) working in the same way in the future, and I am the same guy (in the same situation I am in now with this club) I am the most stupid person to work (In this league.) We need to create a realistic plan to develop in the next year, five years, and to match people's expectations because, if not, our destiny is to crash (regress)."

Poch sounds like he is stressed and that constantly delivering on people's expectations is draining him because, quite simply, given our current budget and transfer activity, those expectations are unrealistic.

This is probably why he has also been so emotional, I can't imagine what the stress of delivering on these unrealistic expectations is like so seeing that we managed to get to the CL final was probably a huge relief for him.

Whatever happens, Levy needs to back him and be completely frank with him and tell him what the plan is for this club going forward.

Are we just trying to qualify for the top 4 and are we happy with possibly having a cup run every now and then? Or are we trying to become one of the best clubs in the world.

Because if we win the CL the expectations for this club will be even higher than they already are and quite frankly, the expectations are already unreasonable from both fans and also, from Levy if he expects us to keep being this good on our current business model.

However, Levy probably believes otherwise considering we are in the CL final, that would be a fatal mistake on his part though imo , it's like thinking that just because Leicester won the league they could do it every single season on the same budget, which they have proven isn't the case.

It’s a forum.

Shall I say “ why do you care that I care”
We are here to discuss....we are discussing Pochs comments.

Your post is ironic, because you haven’t pulled up the two people that told me to fuck off for having a different opinion.
Want to argue? Or simply don’t hide my opinion to make others happy?

If you want a circle jerk, maybe join COYS
I don’t care really, but it’s beyond dull and it’s everywhere. I’m not being ironic, it’s you on a personal crusade against countless other posters all the time, ad Infinitum. There’s so many people you’re arguing with it’s difficult to notice anyone in particular.

The ironic bit is that I largely agree with a lot of your posts but you make reading this forum unbearable at times. But whatever, you enjoy your funk, I’ll raise a glass to you in Madrid.

Back
Top Bottom