Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder is it something hatched between Poch and Levy to put pressure on Joe Louis, the hidden man.

I don't think so. Levy and Lewis work in tandem. The club is run in a certain way and Tbh they're not going to change. In a way everything that has happened vindicates the way Levy and Lewis do things. Just look at the change on and off the pitch from when they took over to now. It's been organic growth, sensible and patient. The training ground, the new stadium, the establishment as a top 4 regular, the reaching of a CL final, it's all been a steady upwards trajectory towards arriving in Madrid on June 1st. There have been dips along the way but we've recovered and kept on climbing and that will continue in the future too.

I see no reasons why in the coming years we cannot reach more CL finals and also win some PL titles. Everything is in place and Levy and Lewis will just keep doing what they have been doing.

sun11.jpg

He called for our trust and belief at several times this season. I think he's earned that....

Besides, they're called PRESS conferences.... Not FAN conferences... He gives us a heads-up when he's talking directly to us.....

Well, if he wins the Champions League, he has probably earned more respect than Levy. Until then I don't think it is wise to fuck around with words in pressers on a world stage and confuse the shit out of everyone. Just my opinion though, what the fuck does he care.

The press have picked up on ‘Spursy’ in recent years and have equated it to folding under pressure or outright loosing, but I always understood it to mean when things go wrng to conspire against us eg finishing top 4, but Chelsea fluke their to win the Champions League, needing to win against Spam to clinch 4th but players suffer from lasagnegate, racist John Terry gets dropped by England - the manager resigns - our manager Rednapp thinks he will be appointed and the team results go to relegation form and we miss out on Champions League and there are so many more.

[RATING][/RATING]
Yeah shit like that all examples too

A champions League final loss would not be a 'failure'.
That’s you first mistake.....I said the choice we faced was Spursy....not losing.
FFS, can’t people fucking read these days.

Ok FAILING TO WIN THE GAME could leave us with a Spursy choice......

IF

What Poch said is true about going home or leaving if he wins.

Do we take the glory and lose Poch, or take the defeat (that’s failing to win the game in my world) and keep Poch.

Fucking hysterics of you lot....I didn’t read any further from your post. Why should I when you didn’t read mine.

“I’ll bite” fuck off

I wonder is it something hatched between Poch and Levy to put pressure on Joe Louis, the hidden man.
That's my theory as well. Levy has a lot of power in the club but it is not absolute. He has to answer to Lewis and to the board.

If Levy felt that he could give Poch what he wanted he surely would. Levy isn't scared of transfers.

Less "Daniel back me", more "Back Daniel in backing me".

I'm not reading anything into these interviews..... He has to say something and the media will manipulate whatever he says to suit whatever agenda they have.

Chaps - there's going to be 3 more weeks of this as papers will have nothing to write about.

The cynic in me suggests that they're going to do everything in their power to try and undermine our team spirit, unsettle the players and try to disrupt our preparations to in some delude way give Liverpool a ercieved advantage.

Keep the faith

:pochsmirk:

Oh shut up, Sol Campbell.

Look, this isn’t a sect....it’s ok to say, “I didn’t really want to hear that two days after crying my eyes out about going to the CL final”

This isn’t the time for speculation about his future.
It’s either a massive mind game and the squad is in on it, or it’s a fucking shambles.

I hope its the former, but I really don’t think it is.
Personally I wish we stayed under the radar for the next three weeks, not have to wake up to headlines screaming at me:
POCH SAYS HE WILL QUIT!!!!!!!!

You're always fighting about something don't you. smh

I just don’t pretend to like the situation because it’s Poch.
Nobody would defend Redknapp for it..

I think it’s unfair on all of us, all Spurs fans.
Why can’t we ever just have it good?

Why do spurs always have to have conditional success?
Why are we still seen as the club everyone wants out of?

This speculation makes us look small in my opinion....we look like we gatecrashed the party and even winning the fucking CL will have an echo of failure about it......sigh.

We’re not Ajax or Porto we’re Spurs. Some fucking solid commitment would be nice.

This wouldn’t happen to any other big club. Not one.

I just don’t pretend to like the situation because it’s Poch.
Nobody would defend Redknapp for it..

I think it’s unfair on all of us, all Spurs fans.
Why can’t we ever just have it good?

Why do spurs always have to have conditional success?
Why are we still seen as the club everyone wants out of?

This speculation makes us look small in my opinion....we look like we gatecrashed the party and even winning the fucking CL will have an echo of failure about it......sigh.

We’re not Ajax or Porto we’re Spurs. Some fucking solid commitment would be nice.

This wouldn’t happen to any other big club. Not one.

We have got it good stop making yourself a victim

Back
Top Bottom