Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t care really, but it’s beyond dull and it’s everywhere. I’m not being ironic, it’s you on a personal crusade against countless other posters all the time, ad Infinitum. There’s so many people you’re arguing with it’s difficult to notice anyone in particular.

The ironic bit is that I largely agree with a lot of your posts but you make reading this forum unbearable at times. But whatever, you enjoy your funk, I’ll raise a glass to you in Madrid.

It goes like this:
I say what I think about the team/club

I dont care that anyone is so sensitive that they see it as a personal crusade against them. I dont give a fuck about any posters.
I wouldnt be having this fucking discussion with you if YOU hadnt started a cunt off with me.
Thats the ironic part here.

Quote me by your right, but dont fucking bitch and cry about it later when I fucking answer.

Cheers to you too

The thing is, when you actually read what he says I don't think any fan would disagree.

It would be naive to think in our current form we will continue to achieve at such a high level (look at our league form).

There needs to be a plan.

It is a bit dubious how it has all been said publicly and not behind closed doors.

It goes like this:
I say what I think about the team/club

I dont care that anyone is so sensitive that they see it as a personal crusade against them. I dont give a fuck about any posters.
I wouldnt be having this fucking discussion with you if YOU hadnt started a cunt off with me.
Thats the ironic part here.

Quote me by your right, but dont fucking bitch and cry about it later when I fucking answer.

Cheers to you too
Oh mate, alright.

It’s nothing to do with you saying what you think of the club, that’s fair enough. It’s when you say it for the 500th time, it’s dull.

Anyway, have a good day Sammy. I’ll leave it there as I know you need the last word bud.

I think it will come down to Lewis and the board as a whole. I don't doubt that Levy would back Poch to hell and back if he could. But Daniel's powers at the club are not absolute. He has the board to answer to and to big daddy Joe in the Bahamas. Poch and Levy will have to convince the board and Joe to give them the room to be as ambitious as they wish or as close to it as possible.

Other than that the talks of a new plan is only logical. The 5 year plan he came here on is done. Time to plan the next step.

I think it will come down to Lewis and the board as a whole. I don't doubt that Levy would back Poch to hell and back if he could. But Daniel's powers at the club are not absolute. He has the board to answer to and to big daddy Joe in the Bahamas. Poch and Levy will have to convince the board and Joe to give them the room to be as ambitious as they wish or as close to it as possible.

Other than that the talks of a new plan is only logical. The 5 year plan he came here on is done. Time to plan the next step.
After what happened this week, Big daddy Joe might decide he has had enough of golf and art and play some football instead!

Just seems like what he does now, did it last summer as well - it was just that the moves that Rose and Alderweireld though they were going to get didn't materialise.
Probably a sign of how comfortable he is in his position with us. 5 years as manager with a by all/most accounts good relationship with the chairman and near full control of the first team. He knows that it would take a lot for the club to sack him so he can be very comfortable in what he says.

Fergy and Wenger also reached these points after a while. Like when Fergy almost threatened to beat up a journo for comparing his control of United to Thatcher.

What "whole of the written press" which "countless others on here" who cares about "opposing fans on social media" where do you get all this from? ... Put up a few polls, see who thinks Levy has done nothing for our club ... see who thinks Poch is leaving ... if you get massive support they I will make you right ... until then you're just pissing in the wind.
Sorry, but no-one has said Levy's done nothing for the club. Certainly not me. That's not the issue being discussed so your poll would be pointless.

What's being discussed, as you well know, are Poch's recent comments about possibly walking away after the final if he doesn't get improved backing from the board.

Why not post a poll that asks wether Pochettino is right or wrong to ask for more financial support and a change in approach from Levy / ENIC
I think you'd be surprised at the closeness of the result and maybe even resentful that the result would vindicate what I and MANY others have been saying for a couple of years

Last edited:
What did he expect? Since when Spurs spent more than that net?
I think he expects the transfer money to match the expectation. I've said this multiple times, he has lost faith with Levy's original plan. He's tired of being virtually skint.

There are some silly cunts on this thread seeing and hearing what they want to see and hear. Finding hidden meanings in everything.
😴😴😴😴😴
Although this time Poch couldn't have been any clearer.
There are no hidden meanings.

He expects more backing from Levy and the board, admits we can't continue to perform at the level we're at under the current constraints, and may consider his position after the final if he's not satisfied with our plans moving forward.

So I don't really understand what people are arguing about.
It is what it is. Lets just enjoy the next 3 weeks and see how it develops after we're crowned champions of Europe

It's pretty clear what Poch wants, anybody who thinks he will be happy with mediocrity is delusional, he wants us to match City and Liverpool in ambition, that's pretty clear from these quotes, he is ambitious, he also wants the expectation to match the reality, basically he is telling Levy, don't expect me to keep working miracles.

"I am open to everything," Pochettino said, when asked about his future.

"What I am not open to is starting a new chapter with no plan, with no clear idea, with not being transparent and being able to tell our fans what is our objective, to stop talking about perception, talk about reality - because if not, it is going to be difficult."

"We need to be transparent and say: 'This is what we want for the next year, or the next five or 10 years"

"It would be very naive to think we can continue to operate as we have done and that it will get us to the Champions League final and the top four every season when we're competing against projects like Liverpool or the Manchester clubs.

"If we are to expect the same from us as from Liverpool, the Manchester clubs and Chelsea, give me different tools to work with.

If not and I see people (other managers and clubs) working in the same way in the future, and I am the same guy (in the same situation I am in now with this club) I am the most stupid person to work (In this league.) We need to create a realistic plan to develop in the next year, five years, and to match people's expectations because, if not, our destiny is to crash (regress)."

Poch sounds like he is stressed and that constantly delivering on people's expectations is draining him because, quite simply, given our current budget and transfer activity, those expectations are unrealistic.

This is probably why he has also been so emotional, I can't imagine what the stress of delivering on these unrealistic expectations is like so seeing that we managed to get to the CL final was probably a huge relief for him.

Whatever happens, Levy needs to back him and be completely frank with him and tell him what the plan is for this club going forward.

Are we just trying to qualify for the top 4 and are we happy with possibly having a cup run every now and then? Or are we trying to become one of the best clubs in the world.

Because if we win the CL the expectations for this club will be even higher than they already are and quite frankly, the expectations are already unreasonable from both fans and also, from Levy if he expects us to keep being this good on our current business model.

However, Levy probably believes otherwise considering we are in the CL final, that would be a fatal mistake on his part though imo , it's like thinking that just because Leicester won the league they could do it every single season on the same budget, which they have proven isn't the case.
Hes insinuated many many times that he wants levy to spend money but some will turn everything to mean that levy has actually backed him in the transfer market. Tiny bit stupid.

I think he expects the transfer money to match the expectation. I've said this multiple times, he has lost faith with Levy's original plan. He's tired of being virtually skint.
One problem with the 5 year plan might be; they budgeted for the stadium and we know about the overspend, but also they might have had an expectation of how much they'd be spending on quality players, only that's gone right up as well. Added to that, our sell to buy policy isn't helping because the players we want to sell will receive lower than expected fees due to injuries, bad form, or contract issues.

Although this time Poch couldn't have been any clearer.
There are no hidden meanings.

He expects more backing from Levy and the board, admits we can't continue to perform at the level we're at under the current constraints, and may consider his position after the final if he's not satisfied with our plans moving forward.

So I don't really understand what people are arguing about.
It is what it is. Lets just enjoy the next 3 weeks and see how it develops after we're crowned champions of Europe
You just proved my point, cheers! 😛

Hes insinuated many many times that he wants levy to spend money but some will turn everything to mean that levy has actually backed him in the transfer market. Tiny bit stupid.
You have quotes where he has 'insinuated', or are you seeing and hearing what you need to, in order to fit your narrative?

You have quotes where he has 'insinuated', or are you seeing and hearing what you need to, in order to fit your narrative?

"It would be very naive to think we can continue to operate as we have done and that it will get us to the Champions League final and the top four every season when we're competing against projects like Liverpool or the Manchester clubs.

"If we are to expect the same from us as from Liverpool, the Manchester clubs and Chelsea, give me different tools to work with.

Some time ago he also said how in Formula One, the drivers are only as good as their cars and how its similar to being a manager. He wants better tools to work with .

One problem with the 5 year plan might be; they budgeted for the stadium and we know about the overspend, but also they might have had an expectation of how much they'd be spending on quality players, only that's gone right up as well. Added to that, our sell to buy policy isn't helping because the players we want to sell will receive lower than expected fees due to injuries, bad form, or contract issues.
Levy is like Theresa May, unwilling to compromise and very stubborn.
In his mind he will be thinking that he doesn't have to change anything because we qualified for the champion league and got there on peanuts.

I'm worried that he might call Poch's bluff and say if you're not happy leave. Then we go on the manager merry go around. Levy is happy with just CL qualification because that brings in the money anything else is a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom