Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the forum is moaning about the manager and the players this is the guy that needs to be blamed, if we don't make the CL next season we will still need to rebuild the squad, but who will come to us playing EL football, If we do drop into the EL I hope no-one attends the home matches that will hit Levy where it hurts him

They bet the farm on us being better than 2 out of Chelsea, Woolwich and Manchester United.

They shouldn’t pay themselves on the back for only just getting away with it.
2R7lxif.jpg

Can someone help me out? Can you tell me what Hoddle is saying at @6mins and @6:30? I think I've got wax in my ears and I can't make out exactly what he's saying. It sounds like he's saying that Poch has had the money to spend but he's chosen not to and then it sounds like he's saying "no, no I know". Obviously, I couldn't have heard this correctly, right?

Cheers, muchly.

Can someone help me out? Can you tell me what Hoddle is saying at @6mins and @6:30? I think I've got wax in my ears and I can't make out exactly what he's saying. It sounds like he's saying that Poch has had the money to spend but he's chosen not to and then it sounds like he's saying "no, no I know". Obviously, I couldn't have heard this correctly, right?

Cheers, muchly.

You're exactly right.

Cheers, muchly.

I was watching this at the time,
hoddle said there is money available for players, Lineker questions that
Hoddle then says Poch had money but didn't want to spend it, Lineker questions that,
and hoddle says NO NO I know that, Its sounded as if he had been told by the horses mouth,

I was watching this at the time,
hoddle said there is money available for players, Lineker questions that
Hoddle then says Poch had money but didn't want to spend it, Lineker questions that,
and hoddle says NO NO I know that, Its sounded as if he had been told by the horses mouth,

Doesn't matter how many times the club, the manager, ex-players and informed media say it, those with an agenda just won't hear it ...

We have plenty of money, unlike Fulham (102m) West Ham (96m) Leicester (81m) Everton (81m) we decided (I guess Poch) that there was nobody available at the right price who would improve the squad ... it's not that we didn't want to sign players, but just who could we have signed?

The major deals last summer's window - pre-agreed Mahrez 45m, Keita 58m, Alisson 54m so not available, but players we could have bid for Kepa 72m, Fred 53m, Fabinho 41m, Richarlison 35m, Batshuayi 27m, Yarmolenko 21m, that's over 200m right there, how many would have been good value signings?

Sure in hindsight there was a bunch of decent players who went for less but at the time these were the 'big' transfers, so looking back on nearly all of them we dodged a fair few bullets .....

but there are players in the lower price band that we didn't get either. Grealish, Maddison, Barkley all these could have help us this season

Make you right they'd have helped, but not changed anything ....

Maddison (22) was a great buy for 20m, but with Kane fit and starting then playing Maddison would have meant not playing two from Dele, Son, Moura, Eriksen, Sissoko ... attacking midfield is not our problem area barring half the squad being injured ...

Grealish (23) for 40m this summer he is certainly a possibility, he posted big claps straight after the Ajax win on Twitter, which I guess most pro-footballers were watching ... he's still relatively unproven and as with Maddison it's a position we are not weak in ...

Barkley (25) to me the worst deal of the three, older and far less productive in front of goal, no thanks.

At the end of the day do you think that even if we'd signed all three of them we'd have done better than top four and a CL final? Sure the first two would have been good additions for the future, but I doubt they would have changed very much this season.

just think that the addition of maybe one of these (or someone else, I'm not a scout so don't know who) coming on as sub or resting forward player may have kept us closer to top 2,

Back
Top Bottom