Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the end of the day do you think that even if we'd signed all three of them we'd have done better than top four and a CL final? Sure the first two would have been good additions for the future, but I doubt they would have changed very much this season.

Nail on head about two great additions for the future.

And yeah. Signing them would have kept Dele and Eriksen fresher at times.

Look at Moura. Signed Jan 2018. Great squad player. Just starting to come into his own.
Sanchez. Signed to replace Toby most probably. Has he played much this season? No but still a good prospect to have training with the squad every day.

But I think we have a big squad and need to sell to buy. Nothing out. Nothing in.

That’s the bigger picture here.

Players will leave this summer. So expect new blood. I would like to see Grealish personally.

Make you right they'd have helped, but not changed anything ....

Maddison (22) was a great buy for 20m, but with Kane fit and starting then playing Maddison would have meant not playing two from Dele, Son, Moura, Eriksen, Sissoko ... attacking midfield is not our problem area barring half the squad being injured ...

Grealish (23) for 40m this summer he is certainly a possibility, he posted big claps straight after the Ajax win on Twitter, which I guess most pro-footballers were watching ... he's still relatively unproven and as with Maddison it's a position we are not weak in ...

Barkley (25) to me the worst deal of the three, older and far less productive in front of goal, no thanks.

At the end of the day do you think that even if we'd signed all three of them we'd have done better than top four and a CL final? Sure the first two would have been good additions for the future, but I doubt they would have changed very much this season.

I think it's all been a bit by the skin of our teeth which is fine in the CL but in the league we've been a little fortunate not to have been punished and a couple of decent signings at the begining of the season could have helped us stay fresher and improved our end of season form , the outcome justifies the decision but we could of very easily been 5th and out of the champions league and the end of season form has convinced me not signing anybody was a mistake that we've got away with, at this point who cares.

I was watching this at the time,
hoddle said there is money available for players, Lineker questions that
Hoddle then says Poch had money but didn't want to spend it, Lineker questions that,
and hoddle says NO NO I know that, Its sounded as if he had been told by the horses mouth,
Imagine that.

But surely he means that bald cunt hasn't backed Poch. That's what he really means. Perhaps the lads that think that could double check on the audio. C'mon lads have a listen and help a tone deff Spurs PR Properganda executive out here.

:kaneear:

can only say that's what I saw/heard, now it could be whoever told Hoddle was lying, but the way Hoddle said it was as if he believe what he was told

Imagine that.

But surely he means that bald cunt hasn't backed Poch. That's what he really means. Perhaps the lads that think that could double check on the audio. C'mon lads have a listen and help a tone deff Spurs PR Properganda executive out here.

:kaneear:

It's all cloak and dagger tho isn't it ? You could extract different meanings from that , my personal take is we were shopping at the lower end of the market I base this on Grealish apparently being the main target last summer leading me to believe we had a budget of about 30 million plus any incoming from fringe players like Janssen Dembele Llorente and Nkoudou and I'm sure Poch went public with a list of players who he would allow to leave who we subsequently failed to shift in time , I believe Poch turned down the players that were possible to land within our meagre budget the likes of Maddison etc had Poch had the same backing as the rest of the top 6 and many other PL clubs and higher calibre players were available to him I don't think he would have refused a Ndombele for example , I don't have any grudge against Levy for this because in a time of uncertain rising stadium costs it doesn't hurt to be pragmatic but I won't accept it again and will see it as a definite lack of ambition if we don't make a statement in the next window something I believe Poch has said in a roundabout way several times himself.

We know we were in for De Jong, perhaps that's why we put a hold on Grealsih. Perhaps we were also in for Ndombele and didn't know about it.

What we have found out over the course of the season is the media and the fans know nothing on transfers.

Levy negotiating stadium naming rights right after winning the CL.

OkVk58H.png

Huddersfield get 93 million for doing absolutely fuck all. Kinda gross.

They'd be good to invest that in their facilities.

Sadly, most clubs that get relegated tend to splash that money on new signings to try and get them straight back up.

"To reach the final against Liverpool on 1 June is something we have all achieved together. Everyone contributes to a team - staff, players, management and fans.
No one person can do this alone........"

Very interesting. Almost sounds like he's deliberately trying to downplay Poch's super hero status with the fans

:sonhmm:

"To reach the final against Liverpool on 1 June is something we have all achieved together. Everyone contributes to a team - staff, players, management and fans.

Very interesting. Almost sounds like he's deliberately trying to downplay Poch's super hero status with the fans

'I am delighted for Mauricio and the team – it is so well deserved and evidence of the truly amazing spirit we have within this squad. I hope they realise the total joy and exhilaration they have given us fans. We are so proud of them all.'

Come on John. Give it a rest til June eh?

or hes making the point that everyone has to be pulling in the same direction, despite your desperate reaching and interpreting everything to suit your "wahhhhh Levy" agenda

Back
Top Bottom