Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like you, I'm a die hard Spurs fan who wants the best for the team. Why are we always arguing?

Nothing personal. Very simple notion that for me transcends football; illustrated as follows:

Business end of the season. Fans expect the players to 'rally up' but can't do similar. (It's seemingly more important to resurrect Daniel Levy moan #54972 for the bazillions time like it's some kind of Eureka moment!)

I hate hypocrisy and double standards.

Hypothetical: We go on and win the bastard CL.... It'll be all smiles for yidos one an' all and all the pissing, moaning, mood-dampening and snide comments would have meant nothing? Except it wouldn't because the journey to the victory, and the victory itself would have been a whole lot sweeter if it wasn't marred by such persistent nay-saying.

The fact that it feels like there's SUCH a divide in the fanbase atm despite the un-chartered territory that we are exploring is frankly a joke and can be traced back to little more than a sense of entitlement coming from certain quarters.

The fact that if/when we do next win a big prize it'll be more relief than joy disgusts me; and is in no small part thanks to the onslaught of abuse lurking in any dark moment awaiting our club courtesy of said ilk of fan.

Peeps wanna bitch and moan about Adrian Durham? Get all antsy in fearful anticipation of oppo fan banter, to the point that it's more important that our results/progress? ....Cite conspiracies within the game? This is laughable when we are paying far greater psychic price to those in our very own midst; TFC, terraces alike.

You're right in that we could all be united, stood defiantly as Spurs, but we're not. That's a shame.

(Apologies, if you're not 'that guy' but I'm using a machine gun here, not a snipers rifle.... The fuckers are everywhere! .....That said the "Eureka" part I do apply specifically to why we are having the exchange we are right now..... You did ask. : ) )

Last edited:
B95yVIu.jpg

Who
WHAT FUCKING BULLSHIT IS THIS?

Granted this shit ain't over, but:

- United bought Fred for £50m+ WHo's utter shite. They've since sacked their manager, gone on an 'amazing' run yet still sit below us and look like they might need to sack their manager again in the summer.

- Chavs blew a shedload again and continue to spin their wheels with a TRF BAN on the horizon. AND STILL SET BELOW US.

- Woolwich are financially fucked and have their best player walking away for free for the second time in 2 years whilst Ozil east up their entire traf budget with his wages... Brought in a bunch of no marks who'd have caused riots on here any other window; look even worse than the Wenger team... AND STILL SIT BELOW US.

UTTER FUCKING HORSESHIT.....

And some of you mugs have the cheek to talk about "truth", "honesty" and "reality".

Why do the failings of other teams matter. Our squad was clearly capable of 3rd place. Poor attitude has put us on the edge of fucking it up. That's the reality. If we consider this acceptable then this is where I he lack of a winners mentality comes from. Maybe this the players thoughts too. Oh well we beat Dortmund who cares about Burnley. Oh we beat Dortmund again who cares about Southampton. A chance to secure top 4 and go into the 2nd leg and give it everything. No let's just push a player over and give the ref a decision. Fuck what other teams are doing or spending. If we weren't good enough I could accept it but when we capable but fucking do what we are doing then I don't consider it acceptable

I haven't got the words to describe how distraught I am at the manner of that defeat; so angry, exasperated, depressed - I feel like crying! I had hoped we had left this sort of implosion behind us but the sad fact is, no matter how far we have come, the tendency to fuck up, self distruct at crucial times seems to have crept back in to the team.

Oh well, It's still in our hands - two games to change the narrative - COYS.

Good post.. too patient imo..

Don't be patient.

Mobilize. Act. Protest. Do a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g......

Credibility will evade your whining until you do SOMETHING more than regurgitate the same few soundbites here on a daily basis.

"Unacceptable"

Yet passive as fuck.

The difference with us is we achieve the mathematically possible in terms of how many points we can drop with the amount of games left to lose a position we want. Seem before haven't we. Isn't just about today. It's the 13 games we've lost. Attitudes have just been shocking. Isn't ability based as 3rd place was easy with the points other teams were dropping behind us.

Sorry, don;t see the difference.

Kloppy spent a bunch of dosh; had the world and his media behind them, dodgy decisions (see WH) yet still fucked it (fingers crossed)....

Yet you wanna get bogged down in the above kind of semantics just to stick it to Spurs?

You go girl.

You can't wait for us to lose Wednesday, is that what your seriously saying? I sincerely hope I never have to sit anywhere near you

It's such comments that make me 'comparratively' happy to be considered a "happy clapper" and a "brown nose:"

skywalker68

You're just another sniping joyless cunt mate. Clubs better off without ya; whether you're 5mins or 50years deep.

Who

Why do the failings of other teams matter.
Our squad was clearly capable of 3rd place. Poor attitude has put us on the edge of fucking it up. That's the reality. If we consider this acceptable then this is where I he lack of a winners mentality comes from. Maybe this the players thoughts too. Oh well we beat Dortmund who cares about Burnley. Oh we beat Dortmund again who cares about Southampton. A chance to secure top 4 and go into the 2nd leg and give it everything. No let's just push a player over and give the ref a decision. Fuck what other teams are doing or spending. If we weren't good enough I could accept it but when we capable but fucking do what we are doing then I don't consider it acceptable

My only point was to dispell lies.

Nothing personal. Very simple notion that for me transcends football; illustrated as follows:

Business end of the season. Fans expect the players to 'rally up' but can't do similar. (It's seemingly more important to resurrect Daniel Levy moan #54972 for the bazillions time like it's some kind of Eureka moment!)

I hate hypocrisy and double standards.

Hypothetical: We go on and win the bastard CL.... It'll all the smiles for yidos one and all and all the pissing, moaning, mood-dampening and snide comments would have meant nothing? Except it wouldn't because the journey to the victory, and the victory itself would have been a whole lot sweeter if it wasn't marred by such persistent nay-saying.

The fact that it feels like there's SUCH a divide in the fanbase atm despite the un-chartered territory that we are exploring is frankly a joke and can be traced back to little more than a sense of entitlement coming from certain quarters.

The fact that if/when we do next win a big prize it'll be more relief than joy disgusts me; and is in no small part thanks to the onslaught of abuse lurking in any dark moment awaiting our club courtesy of said ilk of fan.

Peeps wanna bitch and moan about Adrian Durham? Get all antsy in fearful anticipation of oppo fan banter, to the point that it's more important that our results/progress? ....Cite conspiracies within the game? This is laughable when we are paying far greater psychic price to those in our very own midst; TFC, terraces alike.

You're right in that we could all be united, stood defiantly as Spurs, but we're not. That's a shame.

(Apologies, if you're not 'that guy' but I'm using a machine gun here, not a snipers rifle.... The fuckers are everywhere! .....That said the "Eureka" part I do apply specifically to why we are having the exchange we are right now..... You did ask. : ) )
Now I understand your personal philosophy. I too hate double standards and hypocrisy. I have noticed many times posters hating a player and then they score and suddenly they're the hero. Everything forgiven. I would be overjoyed to see a trophy in our hands. The fact is we are not playing particularly well at the moment. I know some of our best are injured and two key players, Eriksen and Dele are off their game for reasons I don't understand but we have to work out where in the organisation improvements can be made. And I quite understand why some people are frustrated with Levy because he doesn't seem to appear to really care. Investment is key. Depth of the squad equally so. Also this last game with the 2 standings off were probably the last straw for those who were expecting a win.
I always enjoy your posts and respect the fact you know your football.

Sorry, don;t see the difference.

Kloppy spent a bunch of dosh; had the world and his media behind them, dodgy decisions (see WH) yet still fucked it (fingers crossed)....

Yet you wanna get bogged down in the above kind of semantics just to stick it to Spurs?

You go girl.

They stick it to themselves. What Liverpool do is irrelevant. Our fight was finishing in top 4.

Back
Top Bottom