Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son is a gentleman. He will do the right thing without any encouragement from you, my friend. And incidentally, nobody forces you to pay anything. His pay cheque has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything. It's irrelevant. He just gets the going rate. He'd still be playing if he got my wages.
Final point - he's human. You get narked as a spectator - imagine being in HIS position. Support the team ffs.

Yes I get annoyed as a spectator but I wouldn't cost my team like that. All of what he's done this season made him my choice as player of the season. But that was just plain stupid and needless. All the champions league heroics and we may not play in it next season.

Does the money we spend entitle us to see some effort? And not getting yourself sent off?
lol I saw almost SUPERHUMAN efforts on that pitch today. What game were you watching?

The last time Son got sent off was 230 games ago - I bet he wishes he was perfect, like you.

Also, the more of your posts I read, the more confused I get. I'm wondering, could it be that you're just someone who enjoys football, but you're not actually a Spurs fan?

10 points from 11 games. Fucking hell

And people defend that.

It is right there and yet still next week we will see hope dragged out of us again.

Not a statistic anybody can be proud of that.

3 wins, 2 draws and 6 losses, mostly to teams that we have not lost to in years.

Really fcuking poor.

None are natural leaders. Neither is Kane. We lack that leadership, the grit when the shit hits the fan. Someone to drag us on and inspire the team.

We have exceptional individuals but no leaders.

Indeed and that's very much the dillema.

Evidently there's a paucity of such players in the modern game...... Even then it's not common to buy one off the peg - Typically it comes from a player developing a sense of responsibility within a team/squad or a particularly strong synergy with their manager over a span of time.

Then you have to question: How many 'Liverpools' sell their 'Gerrard' at this level of the game?

You misunderstood. I said we achieve what is mathematically possible in terms of how many points we can drop to be overtaken

In English please?

....Else we have a pattern forming.

(I can't make sentences mean what you want them to mean; that's your job.)

His salary has nothing to do with you or me or anyone else.

Would you react if you got punched in the back? Would the way you react depend on whether you are earning £500 a week or £100k?

He wasn't punched in the back tho. And no I wouldn't react if costs my team. Yeah you're right maybe his wages have nothing to do with that in a way.

Very important. Gets paid to do all of those great games and toals. If you think his actions today we're acceptable then that's up to you.

I tell you what.... You sit waiting indignantly for something more to come of it. :angryscouser:

He wasn't punched in the back tho. And no I wouldn't react if costs my team. Yeah you're right maybe his wages have nothing to do with that in a way.

If I walked up to you at work and punched you on the sly; would you 'remain professional' (tm)?

While I wanted the three points as much as everyone else , I somehow don't feel as disappointed as expected.
The team created so many chances in the first half but couldn't beat the keeper. It wasn't a bad display at all. Just need a tad more quality finishing.
The Son sending off was far too harsh imo and Lerma deserved the shove and a sending off himself. Hopefully a ban will follow.
They did surprisingly well with 9 men.

Just a massive blow we couldn't see out the draw.

Last edited:
I know, I know. It's a fucking nightmare living with a vegan. Always right, shows no emotion, pointy ears, weird finger signs...

The midnight vigils hosting mass-slaughter of kidnapped McDonalds staff are surprisingly flamboyant too.....

So you are saying CL is over rated?!
Come on, to start with you can not attract decent players, the income from CL is tens of millions of pounds plus gate receipts and the gain form sales of food, drinks, merchandise....... Club status in the elite.
Playing Thursdays in unknown places is horrible.
It is like going back.
We are not manure or woolwich, we just built a new stadium on debt and need income.
I doubt Levy will sign players. It will be a huge huge loss.
Agreed mate, also attracting top level players. No one comes to a club to play in the intertoto lol

lol I saw almost SUPERHUMAN efforts on that pitch today. What game were you watching?

The last time Son got sent off was 230 games ago - I bet he wishes he was perfect, like you.

Also, the more of your posts I read, the more confused I get. I'm wondering, could it be that you're just someone who enjoys football, but you're not actually a Spurs fan?

Lol because I consider the actions of son unacceptable and many other games where the effort from other players has not been there I'm suddenly not a spurs fan?? I put plenty of effort into going to every single home game. You sound more like an armchair neutral.

While I wanted the three points as much as everyone else , I somehow don't feel as disappointed as expected.
The team created so many chances in the first half but couldn't beat the keeper. It wasn't a bad display at all. Just need a tad more quality finishing.
The Son sending off was far too harsh imo and Lerma deserved the shove and the sending off. Hopefully a ban will follow.
They did surprisingly well with 9 men.

Just a massive blow we couldn't see out the draw.

A far more natural flow and all-round sense of hope and positivity to your prose and all the better for it.

7/10

Back
Top Bottom