New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Enjoyed this post on the Brighton forum...

uIBukF7.png

In the past, buying a season ticket was a measure of one’s commitment, now it’s just a beach towel manoeuvre.
Yeah, it does seem like that with some STs(no one on here,talking about blokes i know who have them for their Businesses),its a guarantee of the big game tickets.
It seems like a dream now, but my first season ticket i turned up at the ticket office a week before the season kicked off(may have been a fortnight) and bought one for £80.50p.
This was 88/89 and the first game was called off due to the east stand not being ready.It was Coventry i think.

Last edited:
I think the charge of £4.50 ( think that is right) as an Admin fee for each ticket on Exchange is just a Piss Take too far. Think it is £1.75 for a "normal" ticket purchase. I know it wont stop someone buying the ticket who really wants it, but really ? Where does the extra cost come from ? They are both online and purchased from the same system.

Also, think the complete lack of respect for those who had higher loyalty points as members is something that the Club has lost Kudos for. They really need to check the meaning of "loyalty" in the dictionary. Years and years worth of dedicated match going, fighting for tickets at the reduced capacity WHL, multiple trips to Wembley. Apparently, in the eyes of the Club, fook you, it all means nothing.
Don't forget that the club get to make bonus money off the ticket exchange anyway as they refund the seller's 1/19th of their season ticket, and take the face value fee from the buyer.
:harrysmile:

Don't forget that the club get to make bonus money off the ticket exchange anyway as they refund the seller's 1/19th of their season ticket, and take the face value fee from the buyer.
:harrysmile:

I thought they paid back face value of your seat according to the category of the game. So you would get more back for Woolwich than you would Bournemouth,

I thought they paid back face value of your seat according to the category of the game. So you would get more back for Woolwich than you would Bournemouth,
I could be wrong, but doesn't a season ticket add up as less than the sum of its games if their face values (as you say, based on categories) were added up?

Even if that's not the case, I've seen that the ticket exchange lists every ticket as a standard adult, even if the season ticket holder is a child or pensioner - so there's another way the club can rake in some extra cash.

I could be wrong, but doesn't a season ticket add up as less than the sum of its games if their face values (as you say, based on categories) were added up?

Even if that's not the case, I've seen that the ticket exchange lists every ticket as a standard adult, even if the season ticket holder is a child or pensioner - so there's another way the club can rake in some extra cash.

Yeah you're right, although I'm sure I saw Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor post that he saved about a fiver against buying each game individually. You're spot on about the adult only option on the exchange though. I agree that's a bit rich of the club.

Always going to be teething problems with an increased capacity i suppose. There's so much to be happy about though on the pitch and reading that Brighton fans comments about our stadium is very heartening.

Always going to be teething problems with an increased capacity i suppose. There's so much to be happy about though on the pitch and reading that Brighton fans comments about our stadium is very heartening.

Yeah so many positives with the stadium. Outweighs the negatives.

My ST is in the North Middle and the concourse area is just too small with not enough food and drink areas so I get what the Brighton fans are saying.

This will be an ongoing issue for me and not just a teething problem as there is just no room up there and you can’t get directly to level 1 and 5.
It’s a bit of a pain.

But as Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 has pointed out in the past that middle north may become corporate in the future. Which having been there now would make a lot of sense if they open into level 4 of east and West Stand.
For now it really is too small for the amount of people there.

But went and sat safe standing area in 249 Tuesday night and got to the beaver town bar in about 30 seconds on stroke of half time and zero queue.

The lower south stand has got the best of both worlds. Lucky bastards!

So swings and roundabouts when you look at the overall picture.

I’m ridiculously impressed by the stadium.

When West Ham come they will see how similar it is to the OS and that “theirs” is slightly better

To be fair, they're never going to praise us. You can just imagine the baldy little bastards frothing at the mouth with envy, though!

In fairness to them, if Woolwich / Chavski, Livershite etc built a new stadium, and it was impressive, I probably would find any reason to slag it off too - just the nature of football rivalry.

To be fair, they're never going to praise us. You can just imagine the baldy little bastards frothing at the mouth with envy, though!

In fairness to them, if Woolwich / Chavski, Livershite etc built a new stadium, and it was impressive, I probably would find any reason to slag it off too - just the nature of football rivalry.

I’d say it was a nice ground if it was one..
Fact is, Emirates, OS and City are just boring and soulless.
OS is on breeze blocks ffs, total joke ground

It's still hard to believe we've actually done it. After all the years it's taken, possible OS move, Archway Steel court case, not only have we built a new stadium but one where it still feels like the Lane when you're at your seat, got the acoustics right so it's loud and it's a stadium you genuinely want to have a few beers and something to eat it before and after the game.

What is the split between the categories anyway? Anyone know?

Well in 17/18 it was 6, 6, 7:

Cat A:
Woolwich, City, Utd, Pool, Chelsea, W. Ham

Cat B:
Palace, Everton, Leics., Newcastle, Soton, Watford

Cat C:
Brighton, Bournemouth, Burnley, Huddersfield, Stoke, Swansea, W. Brom.

Stoke, Swansea & West Brom were replaced by Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham this year. And I think Brighton was changed to Cat B.

Not sure where that left the split this year but I can't pick one from the Cat B to move into Cat C, equally I wouldn't be surprised if Fulham had been Cat B.

If that were all the case it would be 6, 8, 6 But that's just me guessing.

EDIT

Beaten to it, same suppositions, and it appears I could have used far fewer words.

Back
Top Bottom