Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top 5 player in the world? Give it a rest. As much as I love Son, Liverpool have two wingers that are on his level. That's before you include Neymar, Mbappe, etc.

He has 12 league goals, great season for him. Kane was about to put 20+ for 5 straight seasons (he's at 17 right now). Kane has more European goals this season than Son THIS season. I don't want to piss all over him but let's be a little realistic. Before the City tie, he hadn't scored in two months? This talk of top 5 in the world, cmon man.
I never said he is better than Kane and we are talking about this season. But lets put the facts together if you want to do it by numbers for this season.

as a striker Harry Kane
League game 28game 17goals 4 assist
CL 8 games 5 goals 1 assist
EFL 2 games 1 goal 1 assist
FA Cup 1 game 1 goal
Total: 24 Goals 6 assists

As a winger (7 games as a striker) Heung Min Son
League game 27game 12goals 7 assist
CL 10 games 4 goals 1 assist
EFL 4 games 3 goals 1 assist
FA Cup 1 game 1 goal 2 assist
Total: 20 Goals 10 Assists

If Kane is considered to be the one of best in the world like all the fanboys say (I'm one of them too)
Why can't sonny be in the top 10 or 5 right now?

This is definitely HIS team and the players respond to him in that way too. He is our talisman and leader. Hugo is captain but I think he even knows that Kane is the marker for this team. We wouldn't even be in the CL if we didn't have such a stallion up front.
So I guess, if we win the CL it will still be because of Kane right? okay sure.

I never said he is better than Kane and we are talking about this season. But lets put the facts together if you want to do it by numbers for this season.

as a striker Harry Kane
FA Cup 1 game 1 goal

If Kane is considered to be the one of best in the world like all the fanboys say (I'm one of them too)

Because, wonderful player that he is, he also has deficiencies. Barcelona would never be interested in him for example because he wouldn't be great at playing quick, one touch football. But Kane would fit in well there.

kane is a better footballer than son, but a nuance way of looking at it also requires us to see which footballing aspects are we referring. kane is definitely better in many key aspects, such as goalscoring, holding up the ball, aerial, and even passing (son's passing can be bad at times), is the main peno taker. Bt Son is definitely a better dribbler than Kane, more mobile, runs directly at defenders. i think most managers would wants players of both types in their starting 11.. there will always be a grp of fans who like players who can dribble, do a few step-overs. Everyone watch football differently. lol.

Bt he is getting the media hype in recent weeks becoz he scores in many matches. football commentators do distinguish between easy goals and difficult goals. A poster mentioned Son had only scored 2 more EPL goals than Moura. bt i am sure Moura's stats jumped over the weekend becoz he scored a hattrick against Huddersfield. Son's goals, on the other hand, are evenly distributed across many games - hence generate more publicity. When it comes to points counting, of cors you want players to score in more games than hike up goals against a lousy team in a single match. Statistically, son is also a very consistent player across a few seasons as well. He is getting the right type of hype.

I was reading media articles in recent weeks talking abt how Son will step up in Kane's absence and I predict a civil war here, i was right.

kane is a better footballer than son, but a nuance way of looking at it also requires us to see which footballing aspects are we referring. kane is definitely better in many key aspects, such as goalscoring, holding up the ball, aerial, and even passing (son's passing can be bad at times), is the main peno taker. Bt Son is definitely a better dribbler than Kane, more mobile, runs directly at defenders. i think most managers would wants players of both types in their starting 11.. there will always be a grp of fans who like players who can dribble, do a few step-overs. Everyone watch football differently. lol.

Bt he is getting the media hype in recent weeks becoz he scores in many matches. football commentators do distinguish between easy goals and difficult goals. A poster mentioned Son had only scored 2 more EPL goals than Moura. bt i am sure Moura's stats jumped over the weekend becoz he scored a hattrick against Huddersfield. Son's goals, on the other hand, are evenly distributed across many games - hence generate more publicity. When it comes to points counting, of cors you want players to score in more games than hike up goals against a lousy team in a single match. Statistically, son is also a very consistent player across a few seasons as well. He is getting the right type of hype.

I was reading media articles in recent weeks talking abt how Son will step up in Kane's absence and I predict a civil war here, i was right.

It's just utterly stupid and unnecessary to compare Son and Kane. Like comparing Eriksen and Kane. Just different players that are both in the starting line up when fit.

Son and Lamela is a more appropriate discussion, though it will be short one.

Wow has it reached a new low for the thread?
Who's better or who did it if we won the CL?
Make sure this doesn't get out to the other 3 teams board.

as a striker Harry Kane
FA Cup 1 game 1 goal

WTF do you have against Kane? If Son was English blah blah... Kane didn't get us here... I don't get it at all. Your stats don't prove anything to me either.

To your last point... Kane is considered elite because he has 20+ domestic goals for 5 straight seasons!!! two golden boots!!! a world cup golden boot!! that's why he is considered one of the greatest in the world and Son isn't (yet).

So I guess, if we win the CL it will still be because of Kane right? okay sure.
depends how you're viewing it. the actual campaign, obviously down to coaching/players. No one wins a CL because of one player.

Kane though, he saved us from the Sherwood disaster era and turned into an icon that has allowed us to challenge these elite clubs. Without him, we would probably be lagging behind the other 5 elite clubs

Just to add my 2 cents on people worrying about korean fans leaving the spurs when Son RETIRES a spur: Most likely yes, a lot of the Son fans will leave and never turn back, but there will still be a significant number of korean fans who will consider Spurs their team BECAUSE Son was there. Many people would be surprised to know just how many ManU fans there are in Korea just because Park Ji Sung was there and had such success and was beloved by the ManU fans. The Koreans in Korea will not forget how we supported and loved Son as he goes down as a legend in the annals of Spurs history. So while there won't be as many Korean fans as there are now, there will most definitely be more fans than there would have been had Son never been a Spur.

He’s an elite player now. And where did this “there can only be one” attitude come from?

Son and Kane have generally been excellent in a front 2, Everton away was a delight to watch.

It's not just on this forum. All the media has talked about why Spurs has higher winning percentage without Kane. I don't agree that team is better without Kane but I think Poch needs to figure out how to blend better.

The style changes with Kane. We have target man with Kane and focus on getting the ball to him when he's in. And then more speed and run behind the line with Son. Son is focused more on running down the line and crossing the ball when Harry is in.

This is what I mean.
The whole forum goes to shit particularly the English folks here.

The koreans including me are not saying Kane is shit. We are not saying he is average. We are saying he is a very fucking good player but just is slightly overrated. TO express an opinion should be met with an argument like why instead of swearing at us and saying we are fake fans.

I have literally given the reasons in my previous posts. Kane one touch is not that good either. He keeps the ball too long rather than playing fluidly like firmino or saurez. It does not suit Son's quick countering style of play. I also showed the stats of Kane's insane amount of shots he takes. his conversion rate is very poor compared to Salah for instance.

Top 5 player in the world? Give it a rest. As much as I love Son, Liverpool have two wingers that are on his level. That's before you include Neymar, Mbappe, etc.

He has 12 league goals, great season for him. Kane was about to put 20+ for 5 straight seasons (he's at 17 right now). Kane has more European goals this season than Son THIS season. I don't want to piss all over him but let's be a little realistic. Before the City tie, he hadn't scored in two months? This talk of top 5 in the world, cmon man.

You do realise Son was in the asian games the first 4 or 5 fixtures of the champions league game and was only available as a starter in that Barcelona game.

Also the media is very biased towards Kane partially because he is white and english.
If Son was injured and Kane shot 3 goals against Man city the media would not be talking about du bruyne and sterling. If you look at almost every media article its about llorente being a hero, how good sterling is and so forth. If they mentioned son its 70 procent of times talking about how he stepped up in Kanes absence rather than seeing him as a person individually in his own right.

As an example look at this appalling article. it fucking talks about sterling when he got assisted twice by beautiful play from du bruyne and some shit defending by trippier whilst son is just seen as a replacement for Kane.
It is all the more ridiculous because Son has been playing insanely well since 3 seasons and even more funny when thinking that in 2016 when kane got his first ankle injury it was son scoring the goals.

Its been 3 fucking years and the media still acts like son is some cheap replacement of Kane.

That is called biased.

Last edited:
This is what I mean.

The koreans including me are not saying Kane is shit. We are not saying he is average. We are saying he is a very fucking good player but just is slightly overrated. TO express an opinion should be met with an argument like why instead of swearing at us and saying we are fake fans.

I have literally given the reasons in my previous posts. Kane one touch is not that good either. He keeps the ball too long rather than playing fluidly like firmino or saurez. It does not suit Son's quick countering style of play. I also showed the stats of Kane's insane amount of shots he takes. his conversion rate is very poor compared to Salah for instance.

You do realise Son was in the asian games the first 4 or 5 fixtures of the champions league game and was only available as a starter in that Barcelona game.

Also the media is very biased towards Kane partially because he is white and english.
If Son was injured and Kane shot 3 goals against Man city the media would not be talking about du bruyne and sterling. If you look at almost every media article its about llorente being a hero, how good sterling is and so forth. If they mentioned son its 70 procent of times talking about how he stepped up in Kanes absence rather than seeing him as a person individually in his own right.

As an example look at this appalling article. it fucking talks about sterling when he got assisted twice by beautiful play from du bruyne and some shit defending by trippier whilst son is just seen as a replacement for Kane.
It is all the more ridiculous because Son has been playing insanely well since 3 seasons and even more funny when thinking that in 2016 when kane got his first ankle injury it was son scoring the goals.

Its been 3 fucking years and the media still acts like son is some cheap replacement of Kane.

That is called biased.

:dembelefingers:

This is what I mean.

That is called biased.
You should keep your post strictly about Son mate, no one can take your arguments seriously if some of them include Kane being "overrated", especially on a Spurs forum.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom