Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As much as I love SON, the issue with him has always been inconsistency. He's been better about it this season compared to last but it’s hard to build around a player who can be so Hot/Cold.

When Son’s 'on it' he's damn near WC; off form SON can look like an amateur footballer with his passing and first touch, don't forget how dreadful he was before the Chelsea match at Wembley.

Kane's contribution to this team for the last year has so been far more than just his goal, his ability to come deep and pick out a pass is crucial, and in some ways, that's the reason we are seeing a better/more consistent SON this season. SON gets to play in his best position (SS), where he gets to do less on the ball. Then with, Kane dropping to the midfield from time to time opens the game for SON and gives him the space to run into.

I see to many people using a five-game sample (which the entire team were poor) to say that we play better without Kane and/or SON and Kane cannot play alongside each other, when in reality, they played perfectly fine before the Asian Cup.

You don't have to slag Son off to bring Kane up. the goal is to get better as a TEAM and keep on winning and winning more and bigger things. I don't think any Spurs fans really saying the team is better without Kane. maybe you are reading too much of what media is writing which is what they do these days to do it until you puke. Just don't go back to the harry kane team anymore where the whole team tries to funnel everthing down to him. It was OK for a year or two maybe but not any more. Doesn't bode with the beautiful new stadium. Game changes quick thesedays season by season and even month by month.

This is what I mean.
The whole forum goes to shit particularly the English folks here.

The koreans including me are not saying Kane is shit. We are not saying he is average. We are saying he is a very fucking good player but just is slightly overrated. TO express an opinion should be met with an argument like why instead of swearing at us and saying we are fake fans.

I have literally given the reasons in my previous posts. Kane one touch is not that good either. He keeps the ball too long rather than playing fluidly like firmino or saurez. It does not suit Son's quick countering style of play. I also showed the stats of Kane's insane amount of shots he takes. his conversion rate is very poor compared to Salah for instance.

You do realise Son was in the asian games the first 4 or 5 fixtures of the champions league game and was only available as a starter in that Barcelona game.

Also the media is very biased towards Kane partially because he is white and english.
If Son was injured and Kane shot 3 goals against Man city the media would not be talking about du bruyne and sterling. If you look at almost every media article its about llorente being a hero, how good sterling is and so forth. If they mentioned son its 70 procent of times talking about how he stepped up in Kanes absence rather than seeing him as a person individually in his own right.

As an example look at this appalling article. it fucking talks about sterling when he got assisted twice by beautiful play from du bruyne and some shit defending by trippier whilst son is just seen as a replacement for Kane.
It is all the more ridiculous because Son has been playing insanely well since 3 seasons and even more funny when thinking that in 2016 when kane got his first ankle injury it was son scoring the goals.

Its been 3 fucking years and the media still acts like son is some cheap replacement of Kane.

That is called biased.
You really resent Kane don't you? You are just SO SO SO SO wrong. I can't express to you how wrong you are.

You really resent Kane don't you? You are just SO SO SO SO wrong. I can't express to you how wrong you are.
I think something is off with that poster. I wouldn't take it too seriously. He could be a teenager or a non Korean charading as one. And I was surprised when he called you an ignorant fuck right away because that disrespectuful. Koreans usually don't come at you like that. I sure didn't see anything you did that justified him doing that. Unless of course you didn't misspell any did you? Lol

I think something is off with that poster. I wouldn't take it too seriously. He could be a teenager or a non Korean charading as one. And I was surprised when he called you an ignorant fuck right away because that disrespectuful. Koreans usually don't come at you like that. I sure didn't see anything you did that justified him doing that. Unless of course you didn't misspell any did you? Lol
No, I said I thought Son might be the best player in the team.

As an Expat in America... I'll wager that it's the Americanness that leads to this shit !

D4sc-RpX4AIdzEe.jpg

Beekeeper would be perfect for Bayern. He knows German, his record against Dortmund is impressive and Bayern is currently in a rebuilding process.

Away from nasty Kane?

THFC is "perfect" for Sonny, thank you very much.

Last edited:
As for some Koreans, I know why they got pissed off about whole Kane thing.......

If they're not primarily concerned with the progression of Spurs; bollocks to them and their divisive agenda.

I do. In fact, my biggest problem is I can't decide which I like more.

The whole point is you don't need to form a favourite....

"The thing is love most is....."

?

Back
Top Bottom