Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rose's problem is that even when he makes a very valid point, he buries it with bullshit in the next sentence. We agree about his racism comments, to then say "I can't wait to get out of football" and "I'd spend that on a night out" make him come across as so arrogant.

He could be a good ambassador for Kick it out if he could moderate what he says.

exp5.jpg

I don't get the negativity to what he's said. Comparing a fine to a night out is a throw away example of how insignificant fines are, nothing more. I'm not surprised he has had enough of football - the amount of abuse he has gotten from even his own fans over the years is unbelievable sometimes. I've also experienced racist comments while playing sport (and outside of it), it's a completely different level to other derogatory insults.

I don't get the negativity to what he's said. Comparing a fine to a night out is a throw away example of how insignificant fines are, nothing more. I'm not surprised he has had enough of football - the amount of abuse he has gotten from even his own fans over the years is unbelievable sometimes. I've also experienced racist comments while playing sport (and outside of it), it's a completely different level to other derogatory insults.
The abuse he gets from his own fans let alone opposition ones is bad enough.

Does Rose deserve on field racist abuse: no
Does Rose deserve on field abuse: yes (His dives and antics on field do provoke the opposing audience)

Do I agree with his message: yes
Do I like the interviews he gives: no

After a 5 winless streak, a feel good factor had finally returned to the Lane. Saying “I can’t wait to retire” does rain down on our parade (if that is the correct expression). Yes this part bothers me.

PLEASE ALL OF YOU CUNT
Just read what he actually said and not the headline title ..

The fact that Danny,and others, are still suffering racial abuse after all the years of education and campaigning is dreadful. The perpetrators need to be banned, ideally for life in the worst instances, and that applies to our own as much as the others. The smeghead who threw the banana at Aubemayang deserves the same condemnation as the wankpuffin who threw the bottle at Dele. Sadly for Danny I think quitting football will not end the racial abuse he, and others, will end up getting

The fact that Danny,and others, are still suffering racial abuse after all the years of education and campaigning is dreadful. The perpetrators need to be banned, ideally for life in the worst instances, and that applies to our own as much as the others. The smeghead who threw the banana at Aubemayang deserves the same condemnation as the wankpuffin who threw the bottle at Dele. Sadly for Danny I think quitting football will not end the racial abuse he, and others, will end up getting
Agreed.
Wankpuffin - that's an amazing slang term.

Thanks - it’s from the same school as cockwomble! Naughty rather than just explicit. My golden rule for obscenity is “Could I imagine James May saying it”

I think it's absolutely right he's vocally called out racism for what it is, and to be honest enough to admit he's had enough of IT... (not necessarily from PLAYING football, as some of the headline writers seem keen to retire him early!)
I guess his only slight misjudged comment would be to divulge how much he spends on a night out in London... or maybe he's being clever, and pointing out just HOW RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED London is....?
:roseunsure:

I have got to be honest, I would want to leave my job if someone made racist jokes about me at work. Especially if the managers said it is terrible, had an investigation and then fined the person a fiver.

Rose is a great player : decent tackler, fast and gets past players. He definitely gives his all.

What he said about how much he spends on a night out is a bit silly - but he is obviously upset, and we all say things that are a bit silly.

I have got to be honest, I would want to leave my job if someone made racist jokes about me at work. Especially if the managers said it is terrible, had an investigation and then fined the person a fiver.

Rose is a great player : decent tackler, fast and gets past players. He definitely gives his all.

What he said about how much he spends on a night out is a bit silly - but he is obviously upset, and we all say things that are a bit silly.
It's not the same mate. You have to work with the guy or see him every day. Danny Rose had 2 encounters with racism in his career (as long as I remember, he said once before in Serbia). And he is playing football his whole life.

Don't get me wrong, it must be terrible thing to hear and experiance, but can't wait to retire from football because of that? Bit drama queen comment. Lot of black players experiance that in Italy every other week so they are dealing with it strongly, like that man Keane or Koulibaly.

As part of punishment. Agree it should be bigger and kicked that country from qualification, they'll know then. Even though that would punish directly players and stuff of NT ,don't care, something has to be done.

Back
Top Bottom