Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe even especially then.

I understand why Poch was upset, but Rose was dead right, and he's a prideful guy, and if you want players with the self-belief and dedication to their craft to play the way Poch demands his players play, you'll be dealing with people that have things to say.

It could have been handled better, but I want Rose to be himself. Harry Kane is a cyborg and his media personality reflects that, and he's a wonderful credit to the club as well. It takes all kinds.

I think if you are very publicaly critical of your employer by giving press interviews in most companies then I suspect there would be consequences for you.

Of course his criticism of racism is understandable and I'd expect Spurs to take the matter up if it happens in a match, just as The FA did when Rose was on England duty - although FIFA are not taking the issue seriously enough in the punishments it hands out, but that's another issue.

Was he bollocks. There's questioning and then there's talking shit, and insulting the club that has made you a millionaire several times over and paid you a handsome millionaires salary whilst you are out injured for months on end, your fellow team mates (who are so shit he had to google) after he was signed from fucking Leeds youth team, and your manager who'd improved you immensely and treated you as a friend.

And he's fucking over rated too. No composure going forward and isn't a brilliant defender either.

He's also said in the past his favourite year in football was the one he spent in Sunderland, not any of the decade he's been at Spurs. He's just not a good character, chippy and carries grudges around for years. What he has against us is that he had a hard time in his early years, particularly the reaction to his sending off against Villa that arguably cost us CL that year. When you think of the struggles players like Townsend had and the love he displays for the club to this day, give me him or "cyborgs" like Ben Davies any day

He's also said in the past his favourite year in football was the one he spent in Sunderland, not any of the decade he's been at Spurs. He's just not a good character, chippy and carries grudges around for years. What he has against us is that he had a hard time in his early years, particularly the reaction to his sending off against Villa that arguably cost us CL that year. When you think of the struggles players like Townsend had and the love he displays for the club to this day, give me him or "cyborgs" like Ben Davies any day

I don't even mind him having an opinion, being honest or expressing that he feels a bit pissed off about the way some fans have treated him or whatever, it was the whole wanky unnecessary bullshit he spouted against the club, who've given him a platform to have a great career and paid him handsomely, his team mates, and his manager who'd also done so much for him. It wasn't honest, it was just spiteful delusional crap.

Rose will be Rose - pampered professional footballer who in his own words "spends more on a night out in London than UEFA fine associations for racism" says he hates the hand that pays him ...

Well Danny if you feel so strongly about it then retire and go and work somewhere where you will feel more comfortable. Nobody is forcing you to play football.

Not for one second condoning the pricks who use race to abuse opposition players, cunts need a slap, however having a few people shouting abuse at you for a few minutes, knowing that you will soon be able to jump into your porsche, and drive to your luxury pad in non-racist suburbia ... that's really about as far removed from day to day casual racism as you can get.

If Danny wants to highlight the issues with racism then go out and support SARI or ENAR ... stop using your spare time going out nights spending a fortune around London, and actually do something positive ...

Sorry but yet another paid for click bait newspaper article? is that the best you can do?

It's very easy to proclaim yourself anti-racism just as it's easy to blindly accuse people of being racist. As always actions speak louder than words, only Danny knows why he does these 'shock' news pieces for the media. Maybe he thinks it's the best way to deal with the issue? only he knows?

To reflect racism and the UK in it's true light, the EPL has by far the lowest number of racist accusations made against it. Probably why when they happen they get such huge headlines ... try making a racist comment at the Lane, you will be lucky not to get a slap. Football fans (despite some posters accusations on this site) are not a bunch of racist Neanderthals, they are in fact incredibly tolerant ... of course there are exceptions but don't paint the overwhelming good along with the bad, that's just a cop out.

Last edited:
Why is everyone upset about what he has said?
Footballer admits he gets paid and spends a shit load of money, shock!
That comment didn’t seem like someone gloating, more raising awareness to how UEFA don’t do enough.

There is an honesty about Danny Rose that is so often missing in the world of football, I find his comments good reading.

Was he bollocks. There's questioning and then there's talking shit, and insulting the club that has made you a millionaire several times over and paid you a handsome millionaires salary whilst you are out injured for months on end, your fellow team mates (who are so shit he had to google) after he was signed from fucking Leeds youth team, and your manager who'd improved you immensely and treated you as a friend.

And he's fucking over rated too. No composure going forward and isn't a brilliant defender either.

I actually rate Rose but understand your point

I don’t think people know where they stand with Rose. He’s a gobshite, has run spurs through the mud a few times etc. But when he plays he’s such a huge upgrade on Davies and fights for the shirt, he’s the most uncommitted commited player I’ve ever seen, weird formula

Mixed feelings about Rose from personal dealings with him i know he's a cunt, he's right of course about racism in football needs harder punishment but when he slags football off and says things like " when country's fine teams 65k for racism it's a joke that's about what i spend on a night out in London that's just as arrogant as fuck and without football he'd be luck to spend 65 quid on a night out in London if he could even get there at all from his bedsit in Leeds

Mixed feelings about Rose from personal dealings with him i know he's a cunt, he's right of course about racism in football needs harder punishment but when he slags football off and says things like " when country's fine teams 65k for racism it's a joke that's about what i spend on a night out in London that's just as arrogant as fuck and without football he'd be luck to spend 65 quid on a night out in London if he could even get there at all from his bedsit in Leeds
Same here regards Rose I want to dislike him purely for his interview about us no player is bigger than the club but feel that’s just him and his opinion irrespective of how out of hand it comes across! He hasn’t let us down regards playing so really no complaints in that department. Other players have downed tools in the same situation so fair enough. Our other left Benny had no interest in football whatsoever never mind us yet he was/is regarded a “cult hero”

This kind of nails it for me.
He has done very nicely out of football.
I totally agree that whatever he does for his job & however much he earns, nobody should not have to suffer abuse or discrimination because of the colour of their skin, religion, sexuality or anything else.
But he has an unfortunate tendency to be a scornful little twat whenever he opens his mouth to the press.
I’m a bit tired of him going public to belittle others.
Whether it’s his fellow players (google comments), his club, the fans, or UEFA, I just wish he’d stop gobbing off because frankly he comes across as a cunt.

Just another average full back. Davies should never have been dropped, and I despair at the waste of his development to pander to a guy who wanted out.

He’s been no better than Aurier or Tripper for nigh on two years now and if anyone thinks he’s offers something on our left that Trippier doesn’t on our right I think you are living in 2015.

As I said before it’s telling that he’s playing out of his skin, yet Trippier is having the worst season of his career, yet Danny can’t outperform him, not even stat wise.

Genuine question, are there any spurs players you rate?

Rose will be Rose - pampered professional footballer who in his own words "spends more on a night out in London than UEFA fine associations for racism" says he hates the hand that pays him ...

Well Danny if you feel so strongly about it then retire and go and work somewhere where you will feel more comfortable. Nobody is forcing you to play football.

Not for one second condoning the pricks who use race to abuse opposition players, cunts need a slap, however having a few people shouting abuse at you for a few minutes, knowing that you will soon be able to jump into your porsche, and drive to your luxury pad in non-racist suburbia ... that's really about as far removed from day to day casual racism as you can get.

If Danny wants to highlight the issues with racism then go out and support SARI or ENAR ... stop using your spare time going out nights spending a fortune around London, and actually do something positive ...

Sorry but yet another paid for click bait newspaper article? is that the best you can do?

It's very easy to proclaim yourself anti-racism just as it's easy to blindly accuse people of being racist. As always actions speak louder than words, only Danny knows why he does these 'shock' news pieces for the media. Maybe he thinks it's the best way to deal with the issue? only he knows?

To reflect racism and the UK in it's true light, the EPL has by far the lowest number of racist accusations made against it. Probably why when they happen they get such huge headlines ... try making a racist comment at the Lane, you will be lucky not to get a slap. Football fans (despite some posters accusations on this site) are not a bunch of racist Neanderthals, they are in fact incredibly tolerant ... of course there are exceptions but don't paint the overwhelming good along with the bad, that's just a cop out.

Tbh mate maybe it's this kind of honesty that might make the football authorities and police take this kind of abuse seriously with custodial sentences and more sanctions against the footballing associations...although the wise and mighty jon Barnes does say that you can't rid football of racism because the racist will then just boo all black players which ain't illegal!

Does Rose deserve on field racist abuse: no
Does Rose deserve on field abuse: yes (His dives and antics on field do provoke the opposing audience)

Do I agree with his message: yes
Do I like the interviews he gives: no

After a 5 winless streak, a feel good factor had finally returned to the Lane. Saying “I can’t wait to retire” does rain down on our parade (if that is the correct expression). Yes this part bothers me.

This kind of nails it for me.
He has done very nicely out of football.
I totally agree that whatever he does for his job & however much he earns, nobody should not have to suffer abuse or discrimination because of the colour of their skin, religion, sexuality or anything else.
But he has an unfortunate tendency to be a scornful little twat whenever he opens his mouth to the press.
I’m a bit tired of him going public to belittle others.
Whether it’s his fellow players (google comments), his club, the fans, or UEFA, I just wish he’d stop gobbing off because frankly he comes across as a cunt.

Let's play spot the double negative!!!

I agree with him, but the comparison with the fine matching what he spends on a night out takes away from the point of his argument.... People are now using this to have a go at him. He should have just said the fine is derisory.

Just another average full back. Davies should never have been dropped, and I despair at the waste of his development to pander to a guy who wanted out.

He’s been no better than Aurier or Tripper for nigh on two years now and if anyone thinks he’s offers something on our left that Trippier doesn’t on our right I think you are living in 2015.

As I said before it’s telling that he’s playing out of his skin, yet Trippier is having the worst season of his career, yet Danny can’t outperform him, not even stat wise.

Rose is by far the best LB/RB we have. He'll never have a stinker like the other 3.

Rose is by far the best LB/RB we have. He'll never have a stinker like the other 3.

He has already cost us games (Burnley) but people choose to forget about his mistakes.
He offers nothing going forward. Nothing.

Davies for me is far more accomplished as a defender, and while isn’t the best wing back, still has the ability to drive forward and distribute the ball.

Back
Top Bottom