Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't see how his comments can be damaging the spurs side and the teams mentality for the next game. He's clearly so fed up with racism in the game that he feels like it will be a relief to escape racism at the end of his career. Yes he's very vocal sometimes and maybe doesn't put it across in the right way but the backlash he receives from his own fans is disproportionate in my view. Like he's using his racist abuse as an excuse to get some publicity or something. Why can't we support one of our own over an important topic?

Well, he has affected the club because he's put pressure on himself by stating he's desperate to retire, and he's made the game all about him now. Guardiola's already said he's gonna speak to him before the game, he'll see it as the perfect opportunity to play mind games with him.

I remember before Danny Rose spoke about his depression I heard a journalist describe as a journalist's dream, ask him a question, shove a microphone in his face and he gives you chapter and verse. Some journos may respect his condition and give him space, others will play on it and we see the headlines we've seen today. I respect Danny's honesty but if there's one thing I could change it would be his ability to recognise who he can trust to represent what he's saying. I wonder if a need to vent is a manifestation of his previous mental health concerns.

Going back to the mental health issue, it's being recognised more lately but I think we sometimes forget the goldfish bowl many players have lived in from quite a young age, it's amazing that many show the resiliance they do considering that everyone from the media to opposing fans is out to scrutinise their every move.

A few other comments on his comments, I like my job and the industry I work in but I have shit days (usually brought on by others who can't or won't do what they're paid to do) and I can't wait to retire but I'm not going to be bulldozed by idiots into retiring before it suits my plans. I'm also thinking that his comments on a fine being the same as the cost of a night out in London are throwaway lines rather than should be taken literally, I don't suppose when Boris mentioned spaffing money up the wall he actually meant someone is orgasming, it was a poor choice of words but served to illustrate a point.

Well, he has affected the club because he's put pressure on himself by stating he's desperate to retire, and he's made the game all about him now. Guardiola's already said he's gonna speak to him before the game, he'll see it as the perfect opportunity to play mind games with him.

This an important topic that needs to be discussed now, not swept under the carpet until it is more convenient to discuss. Players should and need be vocal about it because football federations are clearly failing to tackle racism in the game, especially here in such a fractured UK partly thanks to Brexit. For a player to come out and state that racism is so bad in the game that it makes them want to retire is shocking, not because the player has dared to say that but because the level of racism has made someone feel like that. We need to be standing up against racism and not moaning at a player for talking about it before the weekend's game.

This an important topic that needs to be discussed now, not swept under the carpet until it is more convenient to discuss. Players should and need be vocal about it because football federations are clearly failing to tackle racism in the game, especially here in such a fractured UK partly thanks to Brexit. For a player to come out and state that racism is so bad in the game that it makes them want to retire is shocking, not because the player has dared to say that but because the level of racism has made someone feel like that. We need to be standing up against racism and not moaning at a player for talking about it before the weekend's game.

And his belief he deserved a big contract was also for him the most pressing issue that needed to be discussed before the start of last season, so that questions his motivation for me. With the greatest respect, to some people he's burned his bridges, they've been mended for him, he gets his name chanted then he's burned them again ad infinitum, and I'll personally be glad to see the back of him after this season. I think players like Sterling are doing a far better job than him of drawing attention to racism in football.

And his belief he deserved a big contract was also for him the most pressing issue that needed to be discussed before the start of last season, so that questions his motivation for me. With the greatest respect, to some people he's burned his bridges, they've been mended for him, he gets his name chanted then he's burned them again ad infinitum, and I'll personally be glad to see the back of him after this season. I think players like Sterling are doing a far better job than him of drawing attention to racism in football.

How is anything about what he said in 2017 related to what he is saying now? He is a Spurs player getting racially abused and still we fans cannot collectively support the guy even then.

Was he bollocks. There's questioning and then there's talking shit, and insulting the club that has made you a millionaire several times over and paid you a handsome millionaires salary whilst you are out injured for months on end, your fellow team mates (who are so shit he had to google) after he was signed from fucking Leeds youth team, and your manager who'd improved you immensely and treated you as a friend.

And he's fucking over rated too. No composure going forward and isn't a brilliant defender either.

Sounds worse than Sissoko!

Racism is society's problem, education is the answer with an emphasis on emotional intelligence. Football is extremely tribal (how many other spectator sports segregate fans?) and emotional and that rarely brings out the best in people. The answer is clearly to educate and rationalize us until we evolve to become Vulcan like and football will disappear as an interest and we can live long and prosper.

Human beings discriminate, we've evolved materially, emotionally we've hardly progressed at all in comparison. Poch out.

If it was that bad, why not make a point and quit now?

“I’m sick of racism in the game, I can’t wait to fucking quit.... in six years (when I’d probably quit anyway)!:roseunsure:
I think it was more that he's fed up with a system that claims to be against players having to experience that, but then does nothing to actually stop it. He might not retire earlier, but is he going to go into coaching, or continue working around it? No, because he feels they're bullshit artists. And that was his point, which I think is what we're missing. It's not about the burden it puts on him, it's about the fact that everyone involved in football are utter poseurs about this.

How is anything about what he said in 2017 related to what he is saying now? He is a Spurs player getting racially abused and still we fans cannot collectively support the guy even then.

Because it revealed aspects of his character that don't make him a credible spokesman because it causes questions of his motivation. It's far better coming from someone like Sterling, who I personally find an increasingly impressive character. He speaks without anger and also does a lot of his talking in the pitch. Rose's anger and headline grabbing statements ultimately make less of an impact.

I get what has been said about him and he hasn’t done himself any favours but I like Danny

He’s got guts speaking up about his depression and he’s right about the racism

The various footballing authorities are doing sod all about it

You just knew that some of our players were going to be racially abused in Montenegro and we, as a team, should have walked off

Unacceptable and I’m pleased that Danny has brought it to the fore

The guy just absolutely loves being in the headlines, I'm convinced of it. Every time he talks to the press it's like he makes it his personal mission to be as sensational as possible and get everyone talking about what he's said.
In this case it's quite sad because the topic he's talking about is so serious and does need to be addressed urgently, and as usual he does make some good points, but the fact is he's once again just come across as a bit of a helmet.

I really really want to like the guy for what he does on the pitch, I honestly think he's top class and probably just behind Robertson as best LB in the league, but it's just so so hard to warm to him.
Raising the subject of racism deserves to be all over the press, that's the point. It's not a story if it's not Rose, Sterling, Pogba etc...If it's not a story then nothing gets done. What he has done is light the touch paper, but specifically calling out those that are running the game. This "should" put pressure on The FA, on FIFA to up their game with the penalties issued out to Clubs and associations whos teams have racists in their midst.

Spurs fans need to get behind him, hear our support. Maybe even get justin justin to join in to show us he's rehabilitation is going well.

Last edited:
Newspaper boss: "How can we shit on spurs this week?"

Reporter: "I don't know boss. Surely it's impossible this week!"

Newspaper Boss: "Never! Why not this week?"

Reporter: "Well, they opened the new stadium. They won. Hugo didn't fuck up. They went above aresnal again. They are in the quarter final of the champions League. Surely you can't dig out spurs this week?

Newspaper boss: I know.... Get Danny Rose on the phone!"

I am going to get a small banner made up to support Danny Rose and anti racism for the City game.
It will just say:

❤️DANNY ROSE ❤️

Some questions:
I am in the 3rd row of the Paxton - does anyone know if there is any place for banners there, or will I have to hold it ?
If rows 1 and 2 are empty could I place it on them ?

I would massively appreciate it if anyone could give me any advice.

Also, I am in block 113, row 3, seat 384. This is just an idea, but if anyone wants to hold the banner up with me for a bit before the game and at half time - that would be great. Maybe we could hold it up in the front 2 rows of if they are empty.

I know not everyone will agree with what I am doing and that is fine, but it is important to me.

COYS

Danny rose should just do us all a favour and fuck off. If he doesn't like Tottenham and he doesn't like football the ungrateful little prick should go.

Cant wait to see the back of him, poison within the squad.

Back
Top Bottom