The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought we played well enough, without being spectacular. A bit of a nervous start, but understandable really, as the importance of getting a win yesterday cannot be stressed enough.
Ben MOTM for me, followed by Moussa, then Eriksen for the importance of his assist and his goal. Danny was 'one thing good, two things bad'. Defence didn't have much to do and agree that Jan should forage forward at least two/three times a game, as he looks dangerous when he does.
Palace really didn't make much of a game of it, until they went 2-0 down, and Hugo did well with a couple of saves, considering he hadn't much to do until the very end.
Really happy for Sonny, he seemed to appreciate the kudos of getting the first goal, but I would have loved H to have got one yesterday. Still, he's got five games to do so and hopefully add another golden boot to decorate his Christmas tree.
Noise inside the stadium was deafening at times, but there were definite lulls when anxiety kicked in. TBH, it was louder in the concourse, I do wish that we would save it for inside the bowl.
Hopefully, the team are back on course for winning the rest of our games (maybe not Citeh), and as long as we get at least 4th, think it will be an amazing achievement, considering all the crap we've had to deal with this season.
It's taken longer than we anticipated, but boy, it was worth the wait.
Can't wait until Tuesday, when we can go again.

I've been sitting here in the local thinking about this question (I must get a life) for ten minutes and still don't understand it. Do I stand when driving my car? Er no - coz that would be extremely difficult as well as stupid. Do I stand when I go to watch football? Yes - coz it's not the the local Odeon.
I think it's daft to stand up when you pay for and are supplied with a perfectly serviceable seat. Makes as much sense as going to a restaurant and standing to eat your meal.
My point is that you can support the team just as well from a seated position.
I have no problem with people wanting to stand, in grounds where it's possible and permissable, but think it's selfish and ignorant to do it when it isn't.

I think it's daft to stand up when you pay for and are supplied with a perfectly serviceable seat. Makes as much sense as going to a restaurant and standing to eat your meal.
I have no problem with people wanting to stand, in grounds where it's possible and permissable, but think it's selfish and ignorant to do it when it isn't.
Agree. Can't a person sit, then stand when the action gets intense?

You’re entitled to your opinion and I’m entitled to mine, it’s a forum, we don’t have to agree with each other.

In my book Sissoko has been our best player this season by a long way. You feel different, it’s fine

For the record I didn’t rate Dawson in the slightest, but again some did, it’s just how it is

I’m too drunk to argue right now, you win
To be fair mate, Sissokos winning, and no amount of 7000 word revisionist posts wil ever change that, so let bc type his laptop to death.

Sissoko plays anyway, and he’ll play next season on an improved contract.

It's about preference; I buy a ticket for admittance to the game, the seat is forced on me by an outdated law. IMO behind the goal should be standing, as THFC has recognised with the rail seating, except I'd have more of it. I took my son to his first game against Fiorentina, I think, when Lamela scored a hat trick. We were in Park Lane directly behind the goal. All the rabid songs were being sung, we were on our feet the whole time, the kid standing on a seat; it was fucking joyous! Immense! You don't get that sitting down and only standing up when it gets a bit tense.

It's about preference; I buy a ticket for admittance to the game, the seat is forced on me by an outdated law. IMO behind the goal should be standing, as THFC has recognised with the rail seating, except I'd have more of it. I took my son to his first game against Fiorentina, I think, when Lamela scored a hat trick. We were in Park Lane directly behind the goal. All the rabid songs were being sung, we were on our feet the whole time, the kid standing on a seat; it was fucking joyous! Immense! You don't get that sitting down and only standing up when it gets a bit tense.

It was always apparent that south stand would have issues with persistent standing.

Park lane upper used to be mainly sat down. Lower always stood.
Now people from all over the ground have been pulled to the south stand and some will want to sit down.

Which is the law the club have to abide by. So everyone standing does give the club a problem.
But personally much prefer to stand and watch football.
From a health point of view it’s a lot better for me to stand as well. Well that’s my argument!

Pretty sure sooner or later I will row with a steward about standing though. And I’m in the Paxton!

It was always apparent that south stand would have issues with persistent standing.

Park lane upper used to be mainly sat down. Lower always stood.
Now people from all over the ground have been pulled to the south stand and some will want to sit down.

Which is the law the club have to abide by. So everyone standing does give the club a problem.
But personally much prefer to stand and watch football.
From a health point of view it’s a lot better for me to stand as well. Well that’s my argument!

Pretty sure sooner or later I will row with a steward about standing though. And I’m in the Paxton!
Well you will in the Paxton mate, because it’s full of old gits like me and women and kids. You standing up all match is going to make people cross.
Point is, surely there’s plenty of room for both sitters and standers but the club should of, and didn’t, make it clear that the south was for standing (and everywhere else, by implication, was for sitting). And if you want to sit, don’t take up tickets in the south.
I assume that’s because their hands are tied by the law, but they exacerbated this by the stupid decision to put 1882 in the middle of the south. What they could do now though is enable/encourage the easy transfers of STs so that the most passionate (angry) sitters and standers can sort themselves out a bit.

The death of football right there...

I said that because you seem to think if a person hasn't gone to a game they aren't allowed to have an opinion.

Stop crying and throwing insults around like a petulant child all this self-projection is a shit look for you.

As far as you insulting me over my illness and getting personal, well, you can go and fuck yourself because you have no idea what I am going through you nasty little cunt.

Mate just ignore the twat...I think you're great

semantics but its not the law that you have to sit down, its a rule the club and council enforce. Its a condition on the ticket and you can be ejected for standing but not arrested or fined etc.

Back
Top Bottom