The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

semantics but its not the law that you have to sit down, its a rule the club and council enforce. Its a condition on the ticket and you can be ejected for standing but not arrested or fined etc.

Yeah unfortunately I have been ejected before and I know United have had restricted allocations due to persistent standing.

The whole law thing is a grey area. Refuse to be ejected and then they involve the police......

Yeah unfortunately I have been ejected before and I know United have had restricted allocations due to persistent standing.

The whole law thing is a grey area. Refuse to be ejected and then they involve the police......
Yes because then you are trespassing as they reserve the right to entry - there is no law against standing at football matches, it is in the terms of sale.

There are some councils who have decided not to mandate it (cant remember which) and they are not breaking the law. The law says that all stadiums should be all seated and the club can get in trouble if they don't have all seated, there is no law on standing.

My first time (well two times to be precise) was 14th Oct 1978 vs Birmingham
Last time was 14th Sep 2014 vs Forest

Palace fans remind me of...
national-action-darlington.jpg

Palace fans remind me of...
national-action-darlington.jpg
About that many of them too and the rest are just normal fans.

Got relegated a decade ago and they were just another Charlton/Fulham....a few years in the Champo and they decided they were St Pauli.
Imagine going to games your whole life in normal clothes, and then all of a sudden you meet in a pub;

On the agenda tonight. Clobber
Sunglasses at night and all black please lads.
Next week we will discuss pretending to be angry while singing family songs

It's about preference; I buy a ticket for admittance to the game, the seat is forced on me by an outdated law. IMO behind the goal should be standing, as THFC has recognised with the rail seating, except I'd have more of it. I took my son to his first game against Fiorentina, I think, when Lamela scored a hat trick. We were in Park Lane directly behind the goal. All the rabid songs were being sung, we were on our feet the whole time, the kid standing on a seat; it was fucking joyous! Immense! You don't get that sitting down and only standing up when it gets a bit tense.
The law was changed as a result of the Taylor Report, the Taylor Inquiry was lied to, there's been a trial going this week on which supports that statement, so my question is why have all the recommendations and actions recommended in the Taylor Report not been overturned as they were based on flawed evidence?

I say this as someone who has no strong feelings about standing or sitting but has seen the injustice inflicted upon the 96 in particular and football as a whole as a result of the actions and words of South Yorkshire Police and Kelvin McKenzie.

The law was changed as a result of the Taylor Report, the Taylor Inquiry was lied to, there's been a trial going this week on which supports that statement, so my question is why have all the recommendations and actions recommended in the Taylor Report not been overturned as they were based on flawed evidence?

I say this as someone who has no strong feelings about standing or sitting but has seen the injustice inflicted upon the 96 in particular and football as a whole as a result of the actions and words of South Yorkshire Police and Kelvin McKenzie.
Until recently no political will to do it, no real upside as if there is an accident they will be blamed, football supporters were the bogeyman and Liverpool supporters groups were against it.

Until recently no political will to do it, no real upside as if there is an accident they will be blamed, football supporters were the bogeyman and Liverpool supporters groups were against it.
If clubs observed their responsibilities there wouldn't be accidents but while there's corner cutting going on, people shirking decisions and plain old greed all thrown into the mix you still can't say there won't be accidents, the good stuff is we don't all swallow the lies of the authorities and the establishment without question anymore.

Back
Top Bottom