New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Palace game or are we talking about the Man City game in the Champions League?

Surely Sky aren't stupid enough to not show our opening game. I can't believe they wouldn't it would get huge viewing figures from all over, especially with it having an opening ceremony etc. Levy will be livid!!!

Did West Ham? I know Woolwich didn't.

Why would Sky care about our opening game at a new stadium?

The Palace game or are we talking about the Man City game in the Champions League?

Surely Sky aren't stupid enough to not show our opening game. I can't believe they wouldn't it would get huge viewing figures from all over, especially with it having an opening ceremony etc. Levy will be livid!!!

Man City

Did West Ham? I know Woolwich didn't.

Why would Sky care about our opening game at a new stadium?

For the same reason they cared about the last game at WHL. Viewing figures. They made a big song and dance about the last game at WHL so why not the first game in the new place??

Let's be honest if you're a neutral and it's a toss up between watching Man City vs Cardiff or Tottenham vs Crystal Palace with an opening ceremony and the ability to see the stadium for the very first time, which one do you think has a greater pull? Maybe I'm being biased but not selecting this game and going with City vs Cardiff instead seems like a ridiculous call. It isn't just any old game it's a pretty historic moment. A big shame many won't get to experience it now because of the news coming out.

Let's be honest if you're a neutral and it's a toss up between watching Man City vs Cardiff or Tottenham vs Crystal Palace with an opening ceremony and the ability to see the stadium for the very first time, which one do you think has a greater pull?

Right, it's not even close. Surely Sky are up against some outside force here. Nobody wants to watch Plastic FC roll over Cardiff 8-0.

How many people here are going to this Sunday's test event?

I'm really keen to know about these checks! It's making me properly paranoid now haha. For the legends game my mate is coming down and staying with me from Scotland and my regular season ticket partner can't make it.

I am not sure how they can check. We are not obliged to carry ID in the UK, just memorise the person name on the Ticket/ST card. Although, going in on a Junior ticket when clearly an Adult would be bad news.. As would a Female name on the ST and a bloke going in, but tbh, these days who would dare ask or say anything ?

I'm really keen to know about these checks! It's making me properly paranoid now haha. For the legends game my mate is coming down and staying with me from Scotland and my regular season ticket partner can't make it.

I'm not going to either and I think it's probably bullshit, but I'm not taking any risks and have told a couple of people that I'm not prepared to lend them my tickets for the test events.

Huge viewing figures? No-one apart from us cares about our stadium. And tbh it's great that we have a much bigger stadium now but what really matters is what happens on the pitch. Let's just get in there and win every game left of this season.

For the same reason they cared about the last game at WHL. Viewing figures. They made a big song and dance about the last game at WHL so why not the first game in the new place??

Let's be honest if you're a neutral and it's a toss up between watching Man City vs Cardiff or Tottenham vs Crystal Palace with an opening ceremony and the ability to see the stadium for the very first time, which one do you think has a greater pull? Maybe I'm being biased but not selecting this game and going with City vs Cardiff instead seems like a ridiculous call. It isn't just any old game it's a pretty historic moment. A big shame many won't get to experience it now because of the news coming out.

But Spurs/Man Utd is a big game regardless and would ALWAYS be scheduled for television, even if it wasn't our last game at WHL.

Not really sure regarding the viewing figures either. Pretty sure we're not a draw.

I think they are just trying to set a precedent, if they say it's okay now then people will quote that back at them later on.

They want everyone registered on their system as they set out in the stadium guide, they aren't trying to stop you taking a mate to the game.....they just want to know who they are (and sell their data)

But Spurs/Man Utd is a big game regardless and would ALWAYS be scheduled for television, even if it wasn't our last game at WHL.

Not really sure regarding the viewing figures either. Pretty sure we're not a draw.

I know loads of people who are non Spurs fans who watched it because it was the last game at WHL. It was even extended way past the end of the game for the closing ceremony.

I don't see how Sky, when they charge so much for their services choose a standard league game compared to one that has historical importance.

Each to their own and all of that but choosing Man City vs Cardiff over our first game, a game that most Spurs fans have been dying to experience seeing us play in I think is a bit out of order

I'm going.

Block 419, for anyone who wants to buy me a pint, say hello or call me a cunt in person!

Back
Top Bottom