New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Palace game or are we talking about the Man City game in the Champions League?

Surely Sky aren't stupid enough to not show our opening game. I can't believe they wouldn't it would get huge viewing figures from all over, especially with it having an opening ceremony etc. Levy will be livid!!!

Apparently it's because they had already committed to paying for the City vs Cardiff game.

They couldn't re-gig the games.

For the same reason they cared about the last game at WHL. Viewing figures. They made a big song and dance about the last game at WHL so why not the first game in the new place??

Let's be honest if you're a neutral and it's a toss up between watching Man City vs Cardiff or Tottenham vs Crystal Palace with an opening ceremony and the ability to see the stadium for the very first time, which one do you think has a greater pull? Maybe I'm being biased but not selecting this game and going with City vs Cardiff instead seems like a ridiculous call. It isn't just any old game it's a pretty historic moment. A big shame many won't get to experience it now because of the news coming out.

Maybe we will be releasing a DVD instead :levylol:

Jason Cundy delivers verdict on Tottenham moving to their new ground - The Boot Room

“I think the Premier League have been kind to them,” Cundy said. “You can’t have two stadiums in the same season. You can understand if a team needs to play away from home to do repairs. Liverpool did it recently.

“But to allow them to move in now is farcical. I don’t think it’s fair to the league, to certain teams they are playing against. This is not a level playing field. For the sake of the competition, stay at Wembley.”

Cundy having a moan about it not being a level playing field. How much have Chelsea been allowed to spend beyond their means making a complete farce of FFP?

He wants us to stay at Wembley for the sake of the competition? He does realise Wembley isn't our home stadium and that we've been at a huge disadvantage for nearly 2 seasons now? So long. That very few of us can remember what a home advantage feels like?!?!

How does having 2 stadiums benefit us? The only level playing field for us is to have the advantage that is rightfully ours available to us as soon as possible. What he's basically saying is that by teams having a disadvantage playing us at our HOME ground,we have, according to him been at a disadvantage for 1 3/4s of our home games across 2 seasons. All this talk of it being unfair is ridiculous, petty and cheap. It's our stadium, if people want to get the arse about any stadium situation they should look at how unfair the freebies over at West Ham & Man City were handed out.

Back
Top Bottom