New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would be in the best interests of THFC to make the opening ceremony and match available to view to as many people as possible. What if it was shown on Spurs TV and non members were allowed one-off access to watching it online for say, ten pounds. There are hundreds of thousands (maybe more) of Spurs supporters worldwide who, I guess, would be more than happy to shell out a tenner to watch such a landmark occasion live.

It would be in the best interests of THFC to make the opening ceremony and match available to view to as many people as possible. What if it was shown on Spurs TV and non members were allowed one-off access to watching it online for say, ten pounds. There are hundreds of thousands (maybe more) of Spurs supporters worldwide who, I guess, would be more than happy to shell out a tenner to watch such a landmark occasion live.
Not a bad idea that.Surprised the club haven't thought of it.
That said, i am still shaking my head that they didn't have a last year at the lane special kit.

The problem is Sky and BT are the only UK companies allowed to show live PL games. In house TV channels cannot show them.

The last line is a bit disappointing.

"Please come and enjoy these occasions and help us test the stadium so we can open it."

I was surprised that I managed to get tickets to both yesterday, but it seems there are plenty of tickets for both test events left. The fact that this will likely go to general sale is a bit poor from our fans, if we do have 100,000+ members as has been suggested on here.

On the upside, makes me quietly confident about getting tickets for the Palace game.

"Please come and enjoy these occasions and help us test the stadium so we can open it."

I was surprised that I managed to get tickets to both yesterday, but it seems there are plenty of tickets for both test events left. The fact that this will likely go to general sale is a bit poor from our fans, if we do have 100,000+ members as has been suggested on here.

On the upside, makes me quietly confident about getting tickets for the Palace game.

It didn't look like that many seats were still available to me but I haven't actually counted them!

In addition to Jürgen and the names announced last week, we can confirm that Nayim, Micky Hazard, Mark Falco, Teemu Tainio, Paul Stalteri, Pascal Chimbonda, Chris Perry and Neil Sullivan will also be part of the action on the day, with more players still to be confirmed as we build up to this historic fixture.

A few decent names turning up. I wonder why Ian Walker doesn't get an invite to these kind of games. Nayim though! Anyone going has to urge him to have a shot from the halfway line!:sonlol::vert::wanyama:

D181cMTXgAE1U5l

I wouldn't read too much into the test event take up vs the Palace game TBH. I think that a lot of ST holders (myself included) want to make the first visit to NWHL a competitive match.

That said, if the club is panicking on Friday and make an announcement that they are short for Sunday I'll be there. Same for event #2.

Back
Top Bottom