Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just have to say again how amazing that performance was and how fucking proud I am to be a supporter of this football club right now.

We have our ups and downs but this is a massive up, quarter finals of the CL and a 4-0 win overall against a team who hasn’t lost at home all season and who are top of their league.

Pretty fucking special, every single player left it on that pitch tonight, that’s all I ever ask for, win lose or draw, leave it all out there and that’s what they did!

Let’s hope the QF is at NWHL, what a night that will be!

COYS!

What a performance!!

The organisation, the professionalism, desire and quality. What a team.

Lloris , Jan and the whole defence were amazing but I want to dedicate my post to Sissoko. I had written him off, thought he was a fraud of a footballer. Well not only was a I wrong but he showed us all that despite what we may think none of us know more than the manager. Nobody saw this transformation coming.

He doesn't stop running and fighting for the team and whilst he lacks dembeles quality he sure as hell gives us presence.

I love you Tottenham.

Also think Sissoko gives us a bit of physicality which we lack in midfield since Dier and Dele have been out. Thought he was outstanding against Woolwich, but tonight he showed a more composed side, which impressed.

Bayern or PSG next will do nicely?

PSG? No way. Them along with Barca and City are three times I simply do not want.

Spurs vs. Porto*
Ajax vs. Bayern*
Man City* vs Barcelona
PSG* vs. Atletico Madrid*

Would be my preferred draws. It means one of Barca/Man City will be out and I think Ajax could pull off yet another shock by knocking Bayern out too.

Wasn't it nice to get on with watching a game without some wanker with a whistle fucking it up? :adesalute:

He very quickly let it be known that he wasn't going to put up with any bullshit from Dortmund. Didn't buy a single dive. Didn't make a big thing out of talking to the players or trying to make his 'presence felt'. Just made decisions and got on with it.

Wow. So nice to watch a game without getting a pounding tension headache. Professional job. They had a few chances first half, but even if they'd scored no biggie. Was always confident we'd score but not necessarily win the match so pleasantly surprised.

Can we draw Ajax next? What a match that would be, they were brilliant against Madrid tonight, I think that would be a really open attacking game to watch with lots of goals, that’s the draw I want the most tbh, I don’t want to draw an English team and I definitely don’t want Barca unless it’s in the final or the semis (if we get that far.)

What teams could we possibly draw now?

D07g9R9X0AI2V1m.jpg:large

PSG? No way. Them along with Barca and City are three times I simply do not want.

Spurs vs. Porto*
Ajax vs. Bayern*
Man City* vs Barcelona
PSG* vs. Atletico Madrid*

Would be my preferred draws. It means one of Barca/Man City will be out and I think Ajax could pull off yet another shock by knocking Bayern out too.
Was impressed with PSG against manu. Agree that them, City and Barca look the 3 to avoid. PSG look to have some real nous about them this year. But still, it would be a glory tie.

I really don't want Athletico. Not only do they look decent, but it would be full of shithousery.

Back
Top Bottom