Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They have european pedigree over 5 decades mate, are the second most decorated club in England and are now in pole position to win the league-why wouldn't they.
If we win the CL with trippier and davies as fbs and Sissoko and Winks in our rmidfield with a keeper giving gifts to anyone who wants one it would be a bigger surprise than Leicester winning the league if we won it.

History means fuck all mate. They've been shit for decade before this season. Had absolutely no right to get to a Champions League final but they did. The fans believed. Fuck me, they may occasionally tell one of their own players to die but my god do they back the team more than our bunch do.

We have as much chance as they did of getting there. Just we won't get the lucky draw, like they did.

I’ll be behind the team next match, and the one after that....I’ll be behind the team if we sign no one again.
And if we get relegated.

I’ll slag them off when they deserved it, whether it’s Trippier, Kane or Eriksen.
I don’t have fan favourites....I don’t care if a player is limited or as good as Pele.

Play for the shirt, die for the shirt.
Don’t want a contract, then play like you do until you leave, or fuck off now.

I react to actual events. I don’t throw my toys out the pram and give up on the club because West Ham outspent us
It's in times of adversity that the people reveal their true colours!!! You're not a true fan, get behind the team!!! Don't criticize!!!!

History means fuck all mate. They've been shit for decade before this season. Had absolutely no right to get to a Champions League final but they did. The fans believed. Fuck me, they may occasionally tell one of their own players to die but my god do they back the team more than our bunch do.

We have as much chance as they did of getting there. Just we won't get the lucky draw, like they did.
I dunno about that man tbh, you have fans of all generations who have been to european cup finals and won and they have the feelgood factor at anfield under the lights because of their rich history winning trophies. Our fans don't have that experience bar a few who were at a eufa cup win 35 years ago.
It makes a huge difference.

I dunno about that man tbh, you have fans of all generations who have been to european cup finals and won and they have the feelgood factor at anfield under the lights because of their rich history winning trophies. Our fans don't have that experience bar a few who were at a eufa cup win 35 years ago.
It makes a huge difference.

Then our fans are shit. Im sorry.

Back the team. Regardless. We just lost two in a row? Right, that's in the past. We are back to being one of the best teams in the league now and we are going to smash Woolwich.

That's the mentality we should have. We are better than them. Let's show it. Let our fans show it too. No fucking groans when certain players get the ball. No fucking groans when we are passing at the back. We are better than that.

This negative "spursy" , "bottled it again" part of our fan base is a joke. And if you don't think that ebbs it's way down to the squad, I don't know what to tell you.

Some of this fan base almost take pride in losing, so they can tell everyone "I told you so" regarding lack of signings, team not being good enough, Pochs not good enough etc - you don't see then when we win games. Love it when we lose though.

Last edited:
It's in times of adversity that the people reveal their true colours!!! You're not a true fan, get behind the team!!! Don't criticize!!!!

I am behind the team....you’re joke isn’t working.
I believe this squad is good enough to win the title, and when we play our best we can beat anyone on the planet.
I am disappointed with our lack of mental strength and inconsistency, but I believe every single player who has featured over the last couple of seasons, and the manager is good enough skill wise and has proven it.

You think we are shit bar two or three players and the entire club is a shambles.
I don’t.

There are different reasons for our complaints, so in my eyes, you’re still a shit fan.

I said few mins ago this phenomenon explained above is called spursdem.
And the phneomenon known as hrytn says that you can't win a title losing 2 games in a row, whilst Manchester City have and didn't know that when they did they fell 7 point behind in the title race, which he claimed they were on such a ''superior'' points tally.

Next time you enter a debate, know what the fuck you are on about. It's simple research.

Leicester City 2-1 Manchester City: Pep Guardiola's side lose for second time in five days

And to top it off, wanting to win the Champions League is not ambitious enough.

:pocheyes:

Last edited:
And the phneomenon know as hrytn says that you can't win a title losing 2 games in a row, whilst Manchester City have and didn't know that when they did they fell 7 point behind in the title race, which he claimed they were on such a ''superior'' points tally.

Next time you enter a debate, know what the fuck you are on about. It's simple research.

Leicester City 2-1 Manchester City: Pep Guardiola's side lose for second time in five days

And to top it off, wanting to win the Champions League is not ambitious enough.

:pocheyes:
That IS IT, you used the f word. It confirms you lost it and I won the argument. Have a good day.

That IS IT, you used the f word. It confirms you lost it and I won the argument. Have a good day.
Oh no! Not the f word! Heavens no!

If only everyone knew saying fuck means you lose a debate.

We must tell the towns people! Won't someone think of the children!

BxY8.gif

Bankrupt said it perfectlly. We lose so rarely these days, relative to our entire history in the Premier League, that people have forgotten how to react with any kind of dignity or perspective when it does happen.

Not to say though that we shouldn't be angry after a performance like that. The players and the manager got it all horribly wrong today.
The thing is it wasn't a woeful performance as so many are bleating on about. There was nothing to separate the two teams, both cancelling each other out, both turning over the ball in a hectic midfield, both creating almost nothing (both hitting the word work once, almost the same amount of shots with them registering just 1 shot on target to our none). Their goal came from poor defending from Toby, there was NOTHING on for Pedro, no other Chelsea player was up with that attack, to let him turn inside him like that was so, so poor and then Lloris shouldn't be getting beaten from there.

Our performance wasn't great, as we created fuck all and conceded two terrible goals, the 2nd was beyond a fucking joke. BUT, by contrast, what did they create? Fuck all too!

The happy clapper in me still says we are still without Dele, Dier (whilst not the answer to our CM/DM issues in games like these he has the mentality required. We are obviously missing the control we had with fit Demele and/or Wanyama), Rose and Vertonghen and a below-par Kane (although he doesn't look too bad, seen him look worse coming back off injury).

Frustrated, wound-up, etc because it's them, get that, I'm am too hate these cunts with a passion but we were not outplayed by them but we also didn't outplay them. It wasn't a game great on the eye but tactically it was a stalemate with a fair amount going on with both managers tweaking and retweaking the shape of their teams throughout the game.

The Burnley game was the shitstorm, not this one.

Back the team. Regardless. We just lost two in a row? Right, that's in the past. We are back to being one of the best teams in the league now and we are going to smash Woolwich.

That's the mentality we should have. We are better than them. Let's show it. Let our fans show it too. No fucking groans when certain players get the ball. No fucking groans when we are passing at the back. We are better than that.

This negative "spursy" , "bottled it again" part of our fan base is a joke. And if you don't think that ebbs it's way down to the squad, I don't know what to tell you.

Some of this fan base almost take pride in losing, so they can tell everyone "I told you so" regarding lack of signings, team not being good enough, Pochs not good enough etc - you don't see then when we win games. Love it when we lose though.
100% agree, thats what being a supporter entails and I always do but believing we are going to win the champions league atm is a very different matter mate!
Although being there a cupla weeks ago during that second half I did think not many teams would want to draw us if we get through the second leg.

Big reaction was needed last night and didnt happen, now we need a massive reaction against them cunts saturday. The support will be there and will be loud as always against this lot-the rest is up to the players.

giphy.gif

The thing is it wasn't a woeful performance as so many are bleating on about. There was nothing to separate the two teams, both cancelling each other out, both turning over the ball in a hectic midfield, both creating almost nothing (both hitting the word work once, almost the same amount of shots with them registering just 1 shot on target to our none). Their goal came from poor defending from Toby, there was NOTHING on for Pedro, no other Chelsea player was up with that attack, to let him turn inside him like that was so, so poor and then Lloris shouldn't be getting beaten from there.

Our performance wasn't great, as we created fuck all and conceded two terrible goals, the 2nd was beyond a fucking joke. BUT, by contrast, what did they create? Fuck all too!

The happy clapper in me still says we are still without Dele, Dier (whilst not the answer to our CM/DM issues in games like these he has the mentality required. We are obviously missing the control we had with fit Demele and/or Wanyama), Rose and Vertonghen and a below-par Kane (although he doesn't look too bad, seen him look worse coming back off injury).

Frustrated, wound-up, etc because it's them, get that, I'm am too hate these cunts with a passion but we were not outplayed by them but we also didn't outplay them. It wasn't a game great on the eye but tactically it was a stalemate with a fair amount going on with both managers tweaking and retweaking the shape of their teams throughout the game.

The Burnley game was the shitstorm, not this one.

I said yesterday that I can almost take the Burnley result. Team fighting for survival, aim to nullify us etc. But yesterday was just a different Spurs. It wasn't a Poch Spurs performance.

As you say, Chelsea were pretty much shit. Yet we didn't take it to them, we didnt show up.

I said yesterday that I can almost take the Burnley result. Team fighting for survival, aim to nullify us etc. But yesterday was just a different Spurs. It wasn't a Poch Spurs performance.

As you say, Chelsea were pretty much shit. Yet we didn't take it to them, we didnt show up.

People still don't get it.

The Burnley loss shattered the possibility of the title. That fcuking hurts. Add to that the justified criticism from Pochettino.

What followed yesterday was consequential and in many respects inevitable.

At our best of course we would have beaten a tired Chelsea side, where for once Hazard was average.

But we are a psychologically beaten team and yesterday against our nemesis was always, in my opinion going to end in a loss, although I briefly held some hope at half-time.

The players aren't giving up but they are fragile.

The Burnley loss was infinitely worse and Pochettino had no need to change a winning Dortmund team, Kane apart and even that was arguable.

Back
Top Bottom